Any truth about the rumors surrounding Grace Christian

old24eagle

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the TSSAA is looking into various East Tennessee scoreboard manufacturers, as somehow or another the formation of the numbers 57, 61, and 49 appeared for Grace Christian's "yellow bus" opponents in each of their last three season-ending playoff appearances.

They just don't make light bulbs like they used to.

Thats cute ;) take long to think that one up?

I understand the TSSAA is looking into various East Tennessee scoreboard manufacturers, as somehow or another the formation of the numbers 57, 61, and 49 appeared for Grace Christian's "yellow bus" opponents in each of their last three season-ending playoff appearances.

Thats cute ;) take long to think that one up?

It took longer to decide whether or not to use the usual "if they're recruiting, they should fire their recruiting coordinator" rallying cry.

Let's face it - due to the limited history of the school on the TSSAA level, I'd say there is, at best, a 50% chance that fans outside of 1A football and/or East Tennessee even know where Grace Christian is located. Alleged improprieties or not, pulling the "Grace Christian card" is not very compelling fodder for the anti-privates. Anyone worried about a school who is giving up half-a-hundred+ three years in a row in the playoffs is probably overlooking some fundamental issues in his or her own program.

Thats cute :flower: take long to think that one up?

It took longer to decide whether or not to use the usual "if they're recruiting, they should fire their recruiting coordinator" rallying cry.

Let's face it - due to the limited history of the school on the TSSAA level, I'd say there is, at best, a 50% chance that fans outside of 1A football and/or East Tennessee even know where Grace Christian is located. Alleged improprieties or not, pulling the "Grace Christian card" is not very compelling fodder for the anti-privates. Anyone worried about a school who is giving up half-a-hundred+ three years in a row in the playoffs is probably overlooking some fundamental issues in his or her own program.

They made to the second round 2 years ago and to the 3 round last year , not bad for a school that has had sports less than a decade. they have an entirely new starting lineup each year yet their enrollment numbers never seem to increase. Regardless of how bad they have been beaten in the playoffs by SP (who tends to beat a lot of people by 50) they have been getting one step closer to a title evry year. Don't forget this team was a cellar dweller in a fairly weak region less than 5 years ago!

Old Eagle, don't you have anything better to do than post rumors. Why don't you really juice it up and post about all the improper actions by some of your public schools in your area that you know about. And to answer your question about how long it took Rollred to think up that post, not long, you see, he was educated when he attended school. :thumb::thumb:

Too bad I didn't post a "rumor" huh! I appreciate the stab at my public school education as well.I would be willing to bet I have just as much or more education than most of you. Somehow I lived through ,and learned enough in a public school to actually get into and graduate from college. I know it amazes you guys but it does happen! Maybe if you were on the other end of this you would understand my concerns with what IS going on at GCA. They have use $$$ to get kids to attend their school. Not short, fat, slow kids either , ATHLETES. Athletes they have used to build a very successful program in a very short time. Small publics can't compete with this. They will never have a down year as long as they are allowed to bring in a completley new team of athletes every year from all over Knoxville. Either way they ARE under investigation from TSSAA for having chuch members pay a kids tuition , and this is thought not to be the first time they have done it. A fund at the church (this was told to me by a GCA person) exists to help pay tuition for kids who can't. I don't know ANY small public schools with one of these funds. Would that be considered undue influence? Because thats a no no.

Too bad I didn't post a "rumor" huh! I appreciate the stab at my public school education as well.I would be willing to bet I have just as much or more education than most of you. Somehow I lived through ,and learned enough in a public school to actually get into and graduate from college. I know it amazes you guys but it does happen! Maybe if you were on the other end of this you would understand my concerns with what IS going on at GCA. They have use $$$ to get kids to attend their school. Not short, fat, slow kids either , ATHLETES. Athletes they have used to build a very successful program in a very short time. Small publics can't compete with this. They will never have a down year as long as they are allowed to bring in a completley new team of athletes every year from all over Knoxville. Either way they ARE under investigation from TSSAA for having chuch members pay a kids tuition , and this is thought not to be the first time they have done it. A fund at the church (this was told to me by a GCA person) exists to help pay tuition for kids who can't. I don't know ANY small public schools with one of these funds. Would that be considered undue influence? Because thats a no no.

So now a fund at a church to help underprivledged kids is wrong. I don't know any fund at a public school either because there is no tuition at a public school. It is free. Your argument is tired and old and has been beat to death. Nothing new. :motorbike: By the way, I don't ever remember anyone posting that you can't obtain a college degree after going through public high school. That is commendable and you have plenty of company that did the same, perhaps some that you might not suspect. But sports is sports and education is education and the intermingling of the two is where much confusion is created. I personally would consider it a privledge to attend a small rural school, but it seems not to be enough for some folks. You mentioned that public schools have no fund to help their students. Now thats a great idea, why don't you make the effort and start that fund at your closest public school to help students in need to be able to graduate and then maybe attend college. Thats the most important thing anyway, right.

So now a fund at a church to help underprivledged kids is wrong. I don't know any fund at a public school either because there is no tuition at a public school. It is free. Your argument is tired and old and has been beat to death. Nothing new. :motorbike: By the way, I don't ever remember anyone posting that you can't obtain a college degree after going through public high school. That is commendable and you have plenty of company that did the same, perhaps some that you might not suspect. But sports is sports and education is education and the intermingling of the two is where much confusion is created. I personally would consider it a privledge to attend a small rural school, but it seems not to be enough for some folks. You mentioned that public schools have no fund to help their students. Now thats a great idea, why don't you make the effort and start that fund at your closest public school to help students in need to be able to graduate and then maybe attend college. Thats the most important thing anyway, right.

You don't remember posting "you see he was educated when he attended school" ? Yes a fund for under privelaged kids to attend private school is illegal according to TSSAA ,WHY? Because thats something public schools can't offer. True , public school is free , but when something normally costs money and lots of it when your offered that for free its way more appealing than that that has always been free. Am I right? Using a fund from an affiliated church to pay kids tuition IS MOST CERTAINLY against TSSAA rules. If that money went to any kid that needed it it would be different , but somehow the kids that need it the most are 6-4 200lb athletes.

So now a fund at a church to help underprivledged kids is wrong. I don't know any fund at a public school either because there is no tuition at a public school. It is free. Your argument is tired and old and has been beat to death. Nothing new. :thumb: By the way, I don't ever remember anyone posting that you can't obtain a college degree after going through public high school. That is commendable and you have plenty of company that did the same, perhaps some that you might not suspect. But sports is sports and education is education and the intermingling of the two is where much confusion is created. I personally would consider it a privledge to attend a small rural school, but it seems not to be enough for some folks. You mentioned that public schools have no fund to help their students. Now thats a great idea, why don't you make the effort and start that fund at your closest public school to help students in need to be able to graduate and then maybe attend college. Thats the most important thing anyway, right.

You don't remember posting "you see he was educated when he attended school" ? Yes a fund for under privelaged kids to attend private school is illegal according to TSSAA ,WHY? Because thats something public schools can't offer. True , public school is free , but when something normally costs money and lots of it when your offered that for free its way more appealing than that that has always been free. Am I right? Using a fund from an affiliated church to pay kids tuition IS MOST CERTAINLY against TSSAA rules. If that money went to any kid that needed it it would be different , but somehow the kids that need it the most are 6-4 200lb athletes.

Using funds from an affiliated church is not against rules, you are incorrect at least as far as Div II. Each parish in the Diocese of Nashville, Knoxville, Memphis, etc, pay some tution of each parish student of their parish that attends Catholic schools, not against the rules. Otherwise, the cost would be too much for a great portion of the families attending. For the families part, they have to be members of the parish and contribute on Sunday.

There is no rule against having a parental fund for public school students, but you don't really want to talk about that unless it involves athletics. I have been involved in private schools for many years and I don't have a clue as to what you are tallking about that is free. Nothing is free and the parents of the children pay 99% for everything. Of course I am only commenting on Catholic schools, the oldest school system in the country. I know you are speaking of a particular school that affects a rural area. What GCA should be forced to do is go into Div II where they belong. But I do offer one solution, if you competed more academically, I think many of the athletic problems would solve themselves. Many parents want their children to attend whatever school gives their children the best shot at a decent and good life. Not saying you can't have this attending a public school, you most certainly can, but the academic differences are sometimes outstanding. If I were you, I would see what I could do to bridge that gap. I am sure that you are a good and decent man. But many private school supporters get aggravated when anyone lumps all private schools as being the same, there are great differences. :bored: Ps, the rule is clear in Div I, if you give financial aid to a student, he cannot play athletics or maybe only on a JV level. Like I stated earlier, if financial aid is being given to athletes, then Div II should be in the future of any Div I private.