Any truth about the rumors surrounding Grace Christian

old24eagle

Too bad I didn't post a "rumor" huh! I appreciate the stab at my public school education as well.I would be willing to bet I have just as much or more education than most of you. Somehow I lived through ,and learned enough in a public school to actually get into and graduate from college. I know it amazes you guys but it does happen! Maybe if you were on the other end of this you would understand my concerns with what IS going on at GCA. They have use $$$ to get kids to attend their school. Not short, fat, slow kids either , ATHLETES. Athletes they have used to build a very successful program in a very short time. Small publics can't compete with this. They will never have a down year as long as they are allowed to bring in a completley new team of athletes every year from all over Knoxville. Either way they ARE under investigation from TSSAA for having chuch members pay a kids tuition , and this is thought not to be the first time they have done it. A fund at the church (this was told to me by a GCA person) exists to help pay tuition for kids who can't. I don't know ANY small public schools with one of these funds. Would that be considered undue influence? Because thats a no no.

So now a fund at a church to help underprivledged kids is wrong. I don't know any fund at a public school either because there is no tuition at a public school. It is free. Your argument is tired and old and has been beat to death. Nothing new. :lol: By the way, I don't ever remember anyone posting that you can't obtain a college degree after going through public high school. That is commendable and you have plenty of company that did the same, perhaps some that you might not suspect. But sports is sports and education is education and the intermingling of the two is where much confusion is created. I personally would consider it a privledge to attend a small rural school, but it seems not to be enough for some folks. You mentioned that public schools have no fund to help their students. Now thats a great idea, why don't you make the effort and start that fund at your closest public school to help students in need to be able to graduate and then maybe attend college. Thats the most important thing anyway, right.

You don't remember posting "you see he was educated when he attended school" ? Yes a fund for under privelaged kids to attend private school is illegal according to TSSAA ,WHY? Because thats something public schools can't offer. True , public school is free , but when something normally costs money and lots of it when your offered that for free its way more appealing than that that has always been free. Am I right? Using a fund from an affiliated church to pay kids tuition IS MOST CERTAINLY against TSSAA rules. If that money went to any kid that needed it it would be different , but somehow the kids that need it the most are 6-4 200lb athletes.

STbulldog said

It was never close, total domination. As to next year, they will re-load quickly. Two state titles in a five year old school. They know how to re-load.

24 this is a post that was just made only a few days ago about a five year old school that just won their second State Championship in girls basketball and won one in Football this year also. There is nothing wrong with this EXCEPT this Pervertor of the Truth has been on this site for 4 years Exclaiming that Schools don't recruit athletes and that he would go to the Bishop if he found they did, the truth is not in his head. This poster is a hired Sales expeditor from some Organization who thinks he can run over the school system and browbeat parents and schools. His "higher than you attitude" sure helps the cause of his organization. I know nothing about the school you are talking about but as long as this poster is posting the things he is and no one is pushing back, he and his cohorts will continue to use it as a standard. What is interesting is he is doing this under the guise of the Catholic Church which is unbelieveable to most. No one in the Catholic Church would even atttempt to get away with this and its impossible they even know it. There is an ignore on this site. Type this posters name in ignore.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again we have a poster who tells outright lies on this board. I have never said that all private schools don't recruit, just that Father Ryan does not, I stand by that statement. I believe you are (Hargis) the great distorter of truth on this board as evidenced by your latest post. The topic being discussed here is about a private school (not Catholic) that is affecting rural schools in a particular area. It has nothing to do with your ignorant and silly post. As I stated earlier, if they are giving financial aid to athletes, they should be in Div II. As to my comment about Ensworth reloading, are you stating that they are cheating? If you are, quit hiding behind your attempted poorly veiled statements. I have always said and will continue to post that there are great differences among private schools in the way they operate. It now and always depends on the integrity and honestly of the various administrations that run the different schools. As to your assinine statement about someone representing the Catholic church, I represent them as a faithful participant same as every other Catholic which has nothing whatsoever to do with the topic here.

If GCA is found to be in violation, then I am sure that the TSSAA will handle it as they deem necessary. Don't put words in my mouth Hargis. You are not the authority here on any topic though you may think you are. If you would spend your time explaining your posts to the many posters who don't know what the heck you are talking about, that would consume most of your time. You are biased against Div II with the underlying reason being, that you want all schools in the same Division and have total disregard as to the effect on underprivledged students, just reunite them, thats your philosophy. Your most silly statement about me having a hidden agenda and pushing it on this board is stupid. I watch athletic contests and enjoy them and do not worry about what division a team is in. I could care less about Div I and Div II except when it affects a student who is underprivledged who cannot get financial aid without having to sacrifice playing sports if he or she is a ballplayer. That is wrong and that is why I am glad there is a Div II. And lastly for the hundreth time, if you have my posts on ignore, how come you are always whining and responding to them, another false statement by you sir. OLD Eagle, I understand your feelings about the rural problem and private schools. The only solution here is to place them in Div II if they are found guilty of wrongdoing. But they won't force them to change Divisions, only sanctions or a fine. The problem will continue to exist.

If Phil Hargis advice is heeded, then there would be no need for a Coach T, because the only people on it would be the ones who agree with Phil Hargis, everyone else would be ignored. :D Phil Hargis needs to concern himself with the Mid Tn Tournament and all the fallout that he posted would happen. Oh by the way, your ignore button must not be functioning properly :lol: One last correction, Ensworth did not win nor did they play in the title game last football season, MUS and MBA did, Ensworth has never won a football championship yet, another error by you know who. And I have no cohorts Phillip, and neither do you. And yes I would report a violation to the Bishop whom I have known for 30 years if the integrity of Father Ryan was being threatened. I fail to see how you calling me a liar on the previous statement makes any sense at all. But I don't have to worry about reporting anything, Ryan does not do thattttttttttttt. Got It.

• 2 weeks later...

Really folks......public school education is free? If you want to get technical ALL public school kids are receiving financial assistance for their education. Public school education is funded by the tax payers. So every time you pay your taxes you are paying the "TUITION" for your small county school students.

Report that to the TSSAA!

Re: Corn Elder leaving ENS???

by BigPoppa » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:19 am

That would probably be the best plan for all these teams worried about Ensworth's recruiting- just don't play them! Let them go and play all the other teams just like them and maybe they can win the state championship out of what 10-15 teams?

Ensworth has their jr pro basketball league at their place that really helps them identify potential candidates early on in the process and tracks them from there.

My school used to play them BUT that ended when some of their parents/boosters were recruiting one of our players (and their parents) while we were playing them in our gym.

The talent level of the Nashville schools has really taken a hit since they have been around and now some of the smaller schools have taken ES lead and ramped up their efforts as well. Looks like ES has moved on to Murfreesboro and RutCo now!

I can't blame a kid if they want to play there, the campus is really nice but I do have a problem with how that school goes about things.Top

• 2 months later...
Re: Corn Elder leaving ENS???

by BigPoppa » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:19 am

That would probably be the best plan for all these teams worried about Ensworth's recruiting- just don't play them! Let them go and play all the other teams just like them and maybe they can win the state championship out of what 10-15 teams?

Ensworth has their jr pro basketball league at their place that really helps them identify potential candidates early on in the process and tracks them from there.

My school used to play them BUT that ended when some of their parents/boosters were recruiting one of our players (and their parents) while we were playing them in our gym.

The talent level of the Nashville schools has really taken a hit since they have been around and now some of the smaller schools have taken ES lead and ramped up their efforts as well. Looks like ES has moved on to Murfreesboro and RutCo now!

I can't blame a kid if they want to play there, the campus is really nice but I do have a problem with how that school goes about things.Top

The talent level may have taken a hit as you state, but more kids are finishing high school. :roflol:

BP, not taking as much of a hit as you might think. They say they are doing better and competing better. They say that academics and attendance is better. They say it would be much better except those transfers from k-8 who are disadvantaged when they get there. Takes a lot of teachers time and the kids are not prepared. Its hard to see how some of those kids can pay for their schooling when 5- 6000 is taken out of their THP each year. Lets see, that could pay for a lot of things. Publics are resilliant with some very creative teachers and just not everyone can teach there. Have some great special ed programs also butif you listen to the hype, its because of the private schools. And maybe thats so. Public schools have to be accredited and under the supervision of a Superintendent.

BP, not taking as much of a hit as you might think. They say they are doing better and competing better. They say that academics and attendance is better. They say it would be much better except those transfers from k-8 who are disadvantaged when they get there. Takes a lot of teachers time and the kids are not prepared. Its hard to see how some of those kids can pay for their schooling when 5- 6000 is taken out of their THP each year. Lets see, that could pay for a lot of things. Publics are resilliant with some very creative teachers and just not everyone can teach there. Have some great special ed programs also butif you listen to the hype, its because of the private schools. And maybe thats so. Public schools have to be accredited and under the supervision of a Superintendent.

Some private schools have difficulties getting accredited, they would have to lower their standards. But most privates are accredited by not one but two national accreditations. Nimrod, privates are here to stay after you and me are gone and forgotton, they will still be here. As someone who went to David Lipscomb, you act like Benedict Arnold. :roflolk:

I can assure you DL is accredited, in all schools, now do we want to start posting about individual schools and increasing the negativity of these posts. Lets see you've got the Metro magnets, publics, metro middle schools that are improving b ut have little advertising budget. Sure they are hav ing some problems but their goals are right. They just need a few more posters to go after their juggler and get some more people stirred up about education because nobody is exempt from having problems in that field. We haven't even started posting about some of the major problems. Any time you are ready. What school are you affiliated with?

I can assure you DL is accredited, in all schools, now do we want to start posting about individual schools and increasing the negativity of these posts. Lets see you've got the Metro magnets, publics, metro middle schools that are improving b ut have little advertising budget. Sure they are hav ing some problems but their goals are right. They just need a few more posters to go after their juggler and get some more people stirred up about education because nobody is exempt from having problems in that field. We haven't even started posting about some of the major problems. Any time you are ready. What school are you affiliated with?

Their goals might be right, but that is just a small percentage of the public school system. Maybe they are improving, but that would have to be looked at from where they are improving from. I am all for every school public or private improving. I never said David Lipscomb is not accredited, I knew it was. You are correct, nobody is exempt from having problems. But the stats prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that at this time in history, the great majority of private schools are superior in educating students. In response to your false statement about diversity not being present in private schools, that is a lie. As to your statement about an advertising budget, I have never known a public school to have one. There is no need, the students that are zoned to go there, go there. If it is a magnet school, the students who get picked in the lottery go there. Perhaps a trip to a few middle schools in Metro and observe the level of learning would be beneficial to you. You could then follow that up with a trip to a few private middle schools and observe their level of learning. Maybe then you could post on less emotion and more facts. And the saddest thing is I think yours opinions have sports as their base, which I find sad. :thumb: PS remember you were supposed to put me on IGNORE, but you slipped again. :thumb:

Their goals might be right, but that is just a small percentage of the public school system. Maybe they are improving, but that would have to be looked at from where they are improving from. I am all for every school public or private improving. I never said David Lipscomb is not accredited, I knew it was. You are correct, nobody is exempt from having problems. But the stats prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that at this time in history, the great majority of private schools are superior in educating students. In response to your false statement about diversity not being present in private schools, that is a lie. As to your statement about an advertising budget, I have never known a public school to have one. There is no need, the students that are zoned to go there, go there. If it is a magnet school, the students who get picked in the lottery go there. Perhaps a trip to a few middle schools in Metro and observe the level of learning would be beneficial to you. You could then follow that up with a trip to a few private middle schools and observe their level of learning. Maybe then you could post on less emotion and more facts. And the saddest thing is I think yours opinions have sports as their base, which I find sad. :thumb: PS remember you were supposed to put me on IGNORE, but you slipped again. :thumb:

Why DuhII, your memory is failing and so is your post. No mention in my post about diversity in private schools, and to be factual about it, you likely don't know whether there is or not. You just are a parent in a school. All schools are diversified I thought. Its the law.Very profound. By your comment, you think private schools are superior to Publics. In what regard? How would you then rate the teachers? Students learn from each other. Teachers observe to find the best way to teach their students. Are you saying that its not happening there? If your answer is no, how come its so difficult to have as a tool, students learning from students? But thats not the system? Does it not just get worse the longer students are isolated in the same environment? How are these as facts? What does this have to do with sports? What does this have to do with promoting a system that encourages that and then get on this site, which have at least 50% of that age group and tell them how bad their level of learning is just to show thm the greatness of yours. And what kind of society does that promote? I've got my house and you have yours and you don't learn from me unless you pay me extra to do it whether you have the money or not. Sometimes it may seem its a never ending catch up. And how would you deal with that, keep the tools away from the teacher.Just let the publics deal with those and sit back and criticize the system? Does it ever make you realize that you may be a part of the system that is creating the problem and public schools have to deal with it every day? Emotion? We've been posting about this for 4 years and the only thing you know to say is a ridiculous statement. That you are a part of this or that and you provide aid to go to some schools. And you have time to run busses out to the hinterland to get studeents but don't have time to go a mile or a mile and a half to pick up students that actually need your help and if they can't pay, write them off and criticize them. Its the American way. And not only criticize them but do it in front of their peers. And on a site that likely has nothing to do with it. Advertising while tearing down dreams. and you say you are not trying to reach athletes. What a mischaractorization. A recruiting society that everyone now has been in the system long enough to be able to figure all of the ways to get around the system "legally" only now its sport to see who can get around the system the best? Boys basketball thread, And those that understand it, the magnet school kids and and intercity Middles just shake their heads not believing all of this is going. Finding a way to beat the system. Thats what is being taught.

So what does sports have to do with it? Whjat does an athlete have to do with it? What does the system have to do with it. Private fans are now laughing about it and in essence you. Admit it is happening, don't deny it and people will continue to push the envelope until its gets too expensive.

Their goals might be right, but that is just a small percentage of the public school system. Maybe they are improving, but that would have to be looked at from where they are improving from. I am all for every school public or private improving. I never said David Lipscomb is not accredited, I knew it was. You are correct, nobody is exempt from having problems. But the stats prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that at this time in history, the great majority of private schools are superior in educating students. In response to your false statement about diversity not being present in private schools, that is a lie. As to your statement about an advertising budget, I have never known a public school to have one. There is no need, the students that are zoned to go there, go there. If it is a magnet school, the students who get picked in the lottery go there. Perhaps a trip to a few middle schools in Metro and observe the level of learning would be beneficial to you. You could then follow that up with a trip to a few private middle schools and observe their level of learning. Maybe then you could post on less emotion and more facts. And the saddest thing is I think yours opinions have sports as their base, which I find sad. :o PS remember you were supposed to put me on IGNORE, but you slipped again. :wacko:

Why DuhII, your memory is failing and so is your post. No mention in my post about diversity in private schools, and to be factual about it, you likely don't know whether there is or not. You just are a parent in a school. All schools are diversified I thought. Its the law.Very profound. By your comment, you think private schools are superior to Publics. In what regard? How would you then rate the teachers? Students learn from each other. Teachers observe to find the best way to teach their students. Are you saying that its not happening there? If your answer is no, how come its so difficult to have as a tool, students learning from students? But thats not the system? Does it not just get worse the longer students are isolated in the same environment? How are these as facts? What does this have to do with sports? What does this have to do with promoting a system that encourages that and then get on this site, which have at least 50% of that age group and tell them how bad their level of learning is just to show thm the greatness of yours. And what kind of society does that promote? I've got my house and you have yours and you don't learn from me unless you pay me extra to do it whether you have the money or not. Sometimes it may seem its a never ending catch up. And how would you deal with that, keep the tools away from the teacher.Just let the publics deal with those and sit back and criticize the system? Does it ever make you realize that you may be a part of the system that is creating the problem and public schools have to deal with it every day? Emotion? We've been posting about this for 4 years and the only thing you know to say is a ridiculous statement. That you are a part of this or that and you provide aid to go to some schools. And you have time to run busses out to the hinterland to get studeents but don't have time to go a mile or a mile and a half to pick up students that actually need your help and if they can't pay, write them off and criticize them. Its the American way. And not only criticize them but do it in front of their peers. And on a site that likely has nothing to do with it. Advertising while tearing down dreams. and you say you are not trying to reach athletes. What a mischaractorization. A recruiting society that everyone now has been in the system long enough to be able to figure all of the ways to get around the system "legally" only now its sport to see who can get around the system the best? Boys basketball thread, And those that understand it, the magnet school kids and and intercity Middles just shake their heads not believing all of this is going. Finding a way to beat the system. Thats what is being taught.

So what does sports have to do with it? Whjat does an athlete have to do with it? What does the system have to do with it. Private fans are now laughing about it and in essence you. Admit it is happening, don't deny it and people will continue to push the envelope until its gets too expensive.

Your post makes no sense as do most of them. There is one small value to your posts, they are so piece-mill and fragmented that a response is often impossible. Once again, I am not a parent of a private school student, that is a lie. Your so-called recruiting society is chocked full of both public and private high schools. I have never posted that recruiting does not occur, just that Father Ryan does not do it. I have never denied it. You make false statements in an attempt to create false drama, mainly because you don't have much else to do. Your statement that alludes to blame on the private school for the public mess is just plain ignorant. You know better than that, but you leave the truth behind in an attempt to make a point. Its your post that is silly as many posters over the years have commented on. What makes private schools superior is better academics, higher standards, better and more dedicated teachers, and the will and desire to build the total person. A public school can not do that even if they desired to. I know they are some good public school teachers, they must be the most frustrated people on the face of the earth. Your perspective is coming from a few Rutherford county schools, well the public school system as a whole in the state of Tennessee is deplorable. And I and no other private school backer is responsible for that. Tennessee ranks approximately 47 out of fifty states in quality of education. Get your head out of the sand and face facts, people are tired of your baseless support of a system that has proven time and time again to fall seriously short of realistic goals. :D PS I know way more about diversity than you do. If your life was open to view, we would see just how diverse you are. Private schools welcome and desire as much diversity as is possible. Catholic schools hold the distinction of having the first non white students of all private schools as well as the first non-while athletes. We played Pearl in the sixties, something unheard of at that time for both private or public schools. So your continued lumping of privates schools in a big pile shows your total ignorance on this subject or your sick denial of the facts. Try and clear your head. :wub: