Hixson Playday

oolowl

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sites are Hixson, Red Bank, Soddy Daisy, Ooltewah, Central and McCallie, I think. As far as what teams are playing, I would say every team you could name.

This is a good thing for Chattanooga teams. Its not a win/lose thing its about getting your team some good practice time in. Will all the TSSAA rules now on pre-season practice. Good Luck to all the Teams. :flower:

We saw some pretty good talent on Saturday. Zach Stevens at Soddy is one of the better bats in the city as far as I'm concerned. He's much improved from last year which is a scary thought considering he hit what? 17 bombs last year? If he doesn't try to do too much, he's one to watch. Watched their lefty throw against Seq. Co and he was filthy for this early in the year. I think its McWilliams.....he looked great while I was there.

Cole Brand from Bradley played well against us. He's the one that makes them go it seems. If he plays well, they seem to follow. He's got a big arm. Had a clutch AB against us to go ahead in the 5th. Their 1b is a big kid who can swing it a little bit as well. Shortstop made a couple slick plays in the middle.

Lookout Valley was about like I expected: very well coached, fundamentally sound. Nobody jumps out of their lineup as a superstar, but a couple big bats, one at 1st and one in RF. Catcher was pretty good.

We saw McMinn Co. to end the night and their ace was on the bump. BIG kid, who is apparently a JR. I'd say he sat mid 80's for 2 innings and attacked the zone. He's a horse. He'll be one to watch this year and a bigtime player next year as a senior. They're a big team with a good number of ballplayers. Shortstop was a little guy, but he swung it well and jumped all over the piped fastball he saw from us. We got to their bullpen later in the game.

Saw the tail end of Red Bank/Baylor. Baylor has a couple burners who really could run. Didnt seem to hit like they did last year, but had a couple good bats. Red Bank had a couple big kids that could swing it a little, their pitcher was pretty aggressive around the plate. 2 Pretty decent teams I'd say.

As for the Irish, we played ok. Tinkered with the lineup a little to get some guys so ABs, but overall I'd say we're gonna be ok. Definitely young, with only 3 upperclassmen. But lots of talent in our Sophomore class and a couple Fr. who can really play. Played 2 good games, 2 poor games. I'd say against schools our size and in district, we'll definitely compete well.

I'd love to hear what everyone else saw. As a 1st year head coach, I'm Still gettin the lay of the land in Chattanooga HS baseball.

We saw some pretty good talent on Saturday. Zach Stevens at Soddy is one of the better bats in the city as far as I'm concerned. He's much improved from last year which is a scary thought considering he hit what? 17 bombs last year? If he doesn't try to do too much, he's one to watch. Watched their lefty throw against Seq. Co and he was filthy for this early in the year. I think its McWilliams.....he looked great while I was there.

Cole Brand from Bradley played well against us. He's the one that makes them go it seems. If he plays well, they seem to follow. He's got a big arm. Had a clutch AB against us to go ahead in the 5th. Their 1b is a big kid who can swing it a little bit as well. Shortstop made a couple slick plays in the middle.

Lookout Valley was about like I expected: very well coached, fundamentally sound. Nobody jumps out of their lineup as a superstar, but a couple big bats, one at 1st and one in RF. Catcher was pretty good.

We saw McMinn Co. to end the night and their ace was on the bump. BIG kid, who is apparently a JR. I'd say he sat mid 80's for 2 innings and attacked the zone. He's a horse. He'll be one to watch this year and a bigtime player next year as a senior. They're a big team with a good number of ballplayers. Shortstop was a little guy, but he swung it well and jumped all over the piped fastball he saw from us. We got to their bullpen later in the game.

Saw the tail end of Red Bank/Baylor. Baylor has a couple burners who really could run. Didnt seem to hit like they did last year, but had a couple good bats. Red Bank had a couple big kids that could swing it a little, their pitcher was pretty aggressive around the plate. 2 Pretty decent teams I'd say.

As for the Irish, we played ok. Tinkered with the lineup a little to get some guys so ABs, but overall I'd say we're gonna be ok. Definitely young, with only 3 upperclassmen. But lots of talent in our Sophomore class and a couple Fr. who can really play. Played 2 good games, 2 poor games. I'd say against schools our size and in district, we'll definitely compete well.

I'd love to hear what everyone else saw. As a 1st year head coach, I'm Still gettin the lay of the land in Chattanooga HS baseball.

Thanks for the updates and good luck to you and your team.

Now that the play day is over, how about some predictions for the local AA teams.

Here is mine:

1. Red Bank (favor RB over EH only because of being an established team)

2. East Hamilton

3. Central

4. Hixson

5. East Ridge

6. Howard

7. Tyner

8. Brainerd

Good luck to all and Go Canes!

Now that the play day is over, how about some predictions for the local AA teams.

Here is mine:

1. Red Bank (favor RB over EH only because of being an established team)

2. East Hamilton

3. Central

4. Hixson

5. East Ridge

6. Howard

7. Tyner

8. Brainerd

Good luck to all and Go Canes!

:roflol: OK now, be serious!