Region 4AAA Tournament at Shelbyville

SLOWNEZ

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a lot of District 7-AAA schools were upset that the tournament did not get moved back to Murfreesboro after all District 8-AAA teams had been eliminated. There was no need for that.

The tournament rotates between District 8-AAA and District 7-AAA each year. If all District 8 teams had made the final and it was held in Murfreesboro you would not be hearing them scream for a neutral site.

It is fact that the tournament rotates to provide cities with money from visitors, concessions, etc. A region host has to secure officials, tournament workers, security, etc. You can't just change it at the drop of a hat just so a team can be 20 min closer to home. Good grief. you drove that to lavergne.

Perhaps the next time District 8 hosts the region we could ship District 7 all the way to Lawrenceburg. Shelbyville is the most centralized location when District 8 hosts so be lucky. I just don't get all the complaining since it has been this way for years.

Now let's also say what if the semis had been all District 7 and had gotten moved to their home sites. How could anyone determine All-Tournament teams with teams scattered out. There is a reason there is one host site for the Region and that it rotates between District 7 and District 8.

Or what if the TSSAA held the state tournament in Murfreesboro one year. On the opening game, all east tennessee teams win. On the second day of games, it was decided to move them to Cookeville's Tennessee Tech to get them closer to the teams that won. Is that right for MTSU who worked to get the tournament ready and secure workers, etc.? Is that right on fans who make plans or the city who will loose money to the visitors? You can't just up and move a tournament site just because it gets it closer to the teams participating.

WOW WHAT A GAME AGAIN BY MY LADY WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!this game was never really in doubt...i think blackman got as close as 3 points early in the game but that was about it all of our players played really good!!!!we have now achieved our 3rd goal now its time to go to the next game and reach state championship Clevland is a team that beat us early this year so they will come in knowing they can beat us. I wasnt at that game so i do not know any of the details of the game or anything like that i just know we lost.

I wanna give a shout out to Olivia Jones for making the all region team she got a little"snub"in the district tournament but it was nice to see us have 4 on the team with 2 freshman (ty and Olivia) 1 so(barbie) and 1 SE (J) Ashley Henry also have a great tournament but they cant give to all of our girls lol. I also want to give a big shout out to my girl CANDACE she does not do a whole lot to get in the box score but man does she do a great job on the court both defensivly and offensively she does a great job working on the inside even with girls a head taller and a lot bigger than her and she is NOT afraid to mix it up

I LOVE YALL LADY WARRIORS GREAT GAME TONIGHT I WILL SEE YOU SATURDAY SO WE CAN ADVANCE TO STATE

GO LADY WARRIORS