Tellico Plains 2010

im very happpy to see tellico have success last year but, one of the huge reasons they did so much better was because dropping down to 1 or 2 a not for sure i know they had alot of tallent but if they were in the old district they would have beeen a 2 or 3 win team at best....... the district with central polk sweetwater meigs and sequoyah is by far a tougher district...... im glad to c tellico win some games but bottom line dropping down in classification helped last years record out tremendously ........... but i think telllico willl win 4 maybe 5 games this year

Many teams benefited form the realignment.......Tellico was just 1 of them.......however Tellico did beat 3 of the 5 teams you named as the "far tougher district"....in fact district 5 2a finished 2-5 vs. the "far weaker" district 3 1a......... :roflol:

well yeah bottom line though tellico would not have even made the playoffs if they were in 5 aa so that does make it a tougher district :roflol:

We'll never know if Tellico would have made the playoffs in 5 aa or not because they didn't play McMinn Central........looking over common opponents tho i would of liked their chances

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to get in the middle of hypotheticals, but keep in mind that the entire time Tellico was in Region 3-3A for football and District 5-AA for other sports, they were actually playing up in class due mainly to travel. Some schools in their old district/region were twice as big. So "dropping down" actually meant Tellico was finally playing in the right classification again.

I think TP vs. Harriman will be the game to watch this fall. After last years game and how heated Tellico and harriman get at EVERY game, I think it's safe to say that Tellico has their clear district rivalry. Harriman has to travelt o Tellico. I think it's gonna be a shootout. I can't wait!

This could easily be for the district championship! Both teams are bringing back a whole lot of talent and it should be exciting to watch this year!!

I don't want to get in the middle of hypotheticals, but keep in mind that the entire time Tellico was in Region 3-3A for football and District 5-AA for other sports, they were actually playing up in class due mainly to travel. Some schools in their old district/region were twice as big. So "dropping down" actually meant Tellico was finally playing in the right classification again.

Football was the only sport playing up a level. It was for travel as well as for other reasons.

The rest of the sports were playing at the level designated by the state.

Football was the only sport playing up a level. It was for travel as well as for other reasons.

The rest of the sports were playing at the level designated by the state.

well tellico has my support but get my point sequoyah a 0 and 10 football team took them into overtime the difference in tallent is a huge jump between the districts all im sayin

Sequoyah did take Tellico to overtime last year. But Tellico also beat Sweetwater and Meigs County by a combined score of 79-8 and played Polk County closer than McMinn Central played them. I get your point about how dropping down helped Tellico and I agree that it did make things a little easier in some cases. But last year's Tellico team had a lot of talent. I don't know and don't want to guess at how they would've fared against Central, but they could've been competitive against their old district (plus Sweetwater). Simplifying last year's success by saying it was due to dropping down isn't exactly accurate.

• 1 month later...

If you go to the tssaa website, you will see that Tellico only has 485 students. That isn't even half of Sequoyah, Central, Polk, Sweetwater......If this district is so much better laiden with tallent, then tellico would not have scored 28 points on Meigs in one quarter, 42 points on Sweetwater, and of course beat Sequoyah in overtime. The key word here is "BEAT". Tellico beat every team in that district except Polk and Central. The facts speak volumes. Anyway.....Tellico looks like it is gearing up for another great season. Pre-Season All State Running back Deon O'Dell is returning after a 1,500+ yard season. After watching them play 7 on 7 Thursday, They looked really good. #12 looks to be gone, but Tellico has a whole slew of receivers that looked impressive. I have never seen such a large group of receivers that could catch so well! I went to see Central, and Tellico showed up! Add receivers like that to a running game with #33 and #40, Tellico is definately gonna be a force. Rockwood and Harriman will definately be two games to watch when Tellico steps on the field with them Tellico Definately makes the playoffs for the second straight year. I think the program is finally getting life back.

Sure wish Tellico would add a wrestling team, would boost the sports as a whole and make for some in-shape athletes. I would say they could rise very fast, beat Seq and Central real soon. Would not have to worry about any other schools since Polk, Meigs and the others do not have wrestling anyway.

Sure wish Tellico would add a wrestling team, would boost the sports as a whole and make for some in-shape athletes. I would say they could rise very fast, beat Seq and Central real soon. Would not have to worry about any other schools since Polk, Meigs and the others do not have wrestling anyway.

how is tellico looking this season ????