Region 4A Final 4

BigDaddy50

Clay Co vs RBS Game #1

Gordonsville vs FCS Game #2

THOUGHTS?

Clay Co and Gordonsville no doubt the favorites to face each other Thuirsday night in the championship game but I will say that our team FCS will be ready. We are playing much better as is Gordonsville. I have alot of respect for Trey Sanders. One of their key players in the Didt tourney (and in my mind the MVP) was #2 Matt Bane. He kept them in the game with his 3's while Josh Sapp was stuggling somewhat. Of course Sapp caught fire in the finals and finished strong. Also playing tough and selected as MVP was Cody Woodmore. Strong on the boards and in the paint but was in fould trouble alot. Our boys have played as a team since the RBS loss in the tourney. Whipped Watertown and beat a GOOD Pickett Co bunch on their floor for the 2nd time this year (3-0 against them this yr).

Teeter and Sorrels have hit the boards better in the last 2 games and our shot selection has been better. Should be a graet match up in both games.

RBS #22 Wes Grace has been on fire and the help of Watson and Stiles they should be ready for the Bulldogs.

Clay Co vs RBS Game #1

Gordonsville vs FCS Game #2

THOUGHTS?

Clay Co and Gordonsville no doubt the favorites to face each other Thuirsday night in the championship game but I will say that our team FCS will be ready. We are playing much better as is Gordonsville. I have alot of respect for Trey Sanders. One of their key players in the Didt tourney (and in my mind the MVP) was #2 Matt Bane. He kept them in the game with his 3's while Josh Sapp was stuggling somewhat. Of course Sapp caught fire in the finals and finished strong. Also playing tough and selected as MVP was Cody Woodmore. Strong on the boards and in the paint but was in fould trouble alot. Our boys have played as a team since the RBS loss in the tourney. Whipped Watertown and beat a GOOD Pickett Co bunch on their floor for the 2nd time this year (3-0 against them this yr).

Teeter and Sorrels have hit the boards better in the last 2 games and our shot selection has been better. Should be a graet match up in both games.

RBS #22 Wes Grace has been on fire and the help of Watson and Stiles they should be ready for the Bulldogs.

Should be 2 good games tomorrow night. FCS has turned it up another notch...I think the Tigers will be ready. These 2 teams have played some great games this year, and I'm sure this one will be no different. Good luck to both teams...mostly the Tigers. Tighten up the shoes, it's gonna be fun!

FCS all over the Gmen tonight 76-58. I wasn't there but got plenty of text with updates. Up by 6 at the half and from there it was all GREEN. We must have played as a team tonight. Great job FCS.

Up next Clay Co and RBS

RBS just beat Clay Co 42-40...WOW and all region (8A) final and it has been moved to Watertown Thursday night at 7pm

Congrats to RBS and my boys FCS!!!!!!

FCS all over the Gmen tonight 76-58. I wasn't there but got plenty of text with updates. Up by 6 at the half and from there it was all GREEN. We must have played as a team tonight. Great job FCS.

Up next Clay Co and RBS

RBS just beat Clay Co 42-40...WOW and all region (8A) final and it has been moved to Watertown Thursday night at 7pm

Congrats to RBS and my boys FCS!!!!!!

has this ever happened before I mean 8a dominating 7a in region.

FCS REGION 4A CHAMPIONS.

Great game against RBS last night. WE lead from start to finish. RBS did make a final run in the last 3 minutes but we hit enough free throws to secure the win. Parker Teeter (MVP) was a beast last night as well as big man Hardee Sorrels (All Region). They hit the boards on both sides of the ball and lead our team in scoring as well as rebounds. Maasen (All Region) did a great job on Wes Grace (All Region) early on until he got in foul trouble in 3rd qtr. He picked up his 4th around the 5:50 mark and didn't return until 4 minutes to go in the game. His replacement Issac Wilson came in and we didn't miss a beat. Issac took over the defensive pressure on Grace and did a GREAT job. Cameron Hill (All Region) and Dalton Patterson played well outside. Hill had two big 3's in the second half that answered some of the 3's by Grace and Mullinix. Styles (All Region) had a good game also. He actually kept RBS in the game.

This team has turned it up a notch since getting beat by RBS in the District tourney. We have played as a TEAM since that game and it has been showing in the stats and boxscores.

Congrats to FCS. Its their first REGION CHAMPIONSHIP in school history (boys). Next up for the Commanders will be Chattanooga's Grace Baptist (lost to Chatt Arts and Science last night). It will be at FCS Monday night March 8th at 7pm. Should be a packed crowd. RBS will travel to Chatt A&S Monday night. FCS beat Chatt A&E earlier this year on their home court. They are physical.

Friendship did win at CSAS earlier in the year, but as is the case for most teams CSAS is MUCH improved. CSAS played very poorly that game and from all indications FCS played one of their best games. Good luck against Grace. They are very good and a a senior heavy team with some great scorers.