Fastest in the state

Best

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

S. Gonzalez at Mayan HS. I've heard her yell "ondelay, ondelay, ariba, ariba!" on her way to first. Good thing she's ahead of her cousin, Slowpoke Rodriguez, in the batting order.

YOU HEARD THAT ??? :oops: Dang dude! you are a speciman yourself, I just saw chalk and dust flyin and didn't hear a thing, I was told she broke the sound barrier. I just thought my kid was fast :roflol: what ever !!!

I think it makes a difference "HOW" you time the runners. The fastest runners in D-I are right at 2.6, but I think the stop watch is started when ball contact is made which is different than a "ready set go" approach.

Exactly...

My goodness, today she's 2.61999, tomorrow she's 2.59999. Was there a headwind or a tailwind? Whatever. To me, what's more important is 'was she safe on the bag'...oh, and, of course, did she land safely after going so fast? :thumb:

As my 12 year-old says, 'speed don't matter if you hit it far enough.'

I think it makes a difference "HOW" you time the runners. The fastest runners in D-I are right at 2.6, but I think the stop watch is started when ball contact is made which is different than a "ready set go" approach.

Exactly...

My goodness, today she's 2.61999, tomorrow she's 2.59999. Was there a headwind or a tailwind? Whatever. To me, what's more important is 'was she safe on the bag'...oh, and, of course, did she land safely after going so fast? :thumb:

As my 12 year-old says, 'speed don't matter if you hit it far enough.'

My brother, you know one of those girls times is pretty accurate and she has been known to hit it pretty far at times.

What I don't know is that ALL them girls are as fast as 'her,' if this is who I think it is. And, yes, I DO know she can hit it hard AND far...most times.

I believe you are correct on all fronts good sir. Cant wait to see you guys in Hendersonville.