Region 7A and 8A Substate Games!!!

cublover91

Congrats to Scotts Hill and Middleton. District 15A was definitely the best basketball district in single A in W. TN this year. There's no doubt about it now. I hope both of yall do well in the state. Bring home the Gold and Silver ball for W. TN.

I don't think 15A got to see the best from 14A....I would have liked to have seen Lake County and Greenfield match-up with Middleton and Scotts Hill....Just because those two didn't make it to this point in the season doesn't mean they weren't the best teams....They just weren't the best teams that particular night they lost....

Part of being the better team is winning when it counts, I will admit that Greenfield and Lake County were probably extremely good teams but the idea that the best teams didnt make it to substate is not true......are you going to say that "the best team didnt win the state championship....the opponent just had a bad night!".......no you wouldnt say that so there is no point in saying it for the region semi games!

I understand all that cublover91 but it's just like what you see every year in the conference tournaments in the NCAA's...Not all the regular season champions go to the big dance because they will stumble in the conference tournament....Same with district and region tournaments....I'm not saying Middleton and Scotts Hill aren't deserving of going to the state...I didn't say that at all did I??...They might have won playing Greenfield and Lake County...I just don't think they saw the best from 14A....

If you believe every state champion each year is the actual best team then you are pretty naive...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Scotts Hill and Middleton. District 15A was definitely the best basketball district in single A in W. TN this year. There's no doubt about it now. I hope both of yall do well in the state. Bring home the Gold and Silver ball for W. TN.

I don't think 15A got to see the best from 14A....I would have liked to have seen Lake County and Greenfield match-up with Middleton and Scotts Hill....Just because those two didn't make it to this point in the season doesn't mean they weren't the best teams....They just weren't the best teams that particular night they lost....

Purple,

Sometimes we tend to disagree on alot of different topics but I think you are exactly right about 14A. In my opinion Lake County was the best team in west Tennessee and maybe the state but they just happened to have a bad night and Humboldt had a great night. Lake County very easily could win two back to back state titles the next two years in my opinion. I do appreciate you mentioning Greenfield as one of the better teams, we had a fun year but came up a little short of our goals.

To Scotts Hill and Middleton: I want to wish you both good luck and I hope to see both of you in the championship game, represent west Tennessee well. You have to get to state before you can win the state and yall are so close. Good luck.

I will say that I definitely agree with you guys, I spoke too strongly about the fact that the best team won, I really meant and wanted to emphasize more on the fact that its just winning when it counts that make you a great team! thanks for the district 15 support! Go Lady Lions!!!