White Station vs Dyer County

Icy

There is no way that link, which I wathced the other day, can show much about either DC or Northside. It's a highlight tape and there is barely any point in the tape that more than 30 sec of the game is constant.

It doesn't show much D from either team. You hardly see any kinda of offensive sets. You don't get an idea about subs or who the coaches play when and where. The tapes the coaches will have are the actual game tapes from recent games. You might as well go into a game blind trying to scout with that video. It is a well put together vid of the highlights though.

agree with this ...have watched tape

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White Station has more than Joe Jackson but he clearly is the best player for White Station. Jackson will probably drop 40 or more against DC and the full court pressure will not be an issue for Jackson. For the people that haven't seen him....you will walk away stunned at how good this kid is.....he will remind you of John Wall without the size...he is that good. One of the big keys for this game in my mind will be what kind of defensive adjustments will DC make once Jackson shows that he can easily handle and beat the full court pressure. Will DC back off? DC has a shot but it will be very very tough to pull this one out....I said on another thread a couple of days ago that if DC or Jackson North Side could either get WS at home there chances would be much better than having to play Melrose. Don't put any stock in the fact that Jackson only scored 12 points tonight against Melrose. Melrose has enough high major big time athletes across the board that they can do things other teams can't do on defense against a player of Jackson's caliber. Melrose simply overwhelms other teams with it's size and talent.....even teams from Memphis every now and then....Melrose is that good. I will be pulling for DC but it's going to be tough. One thing I do like is the DC coach and I think they will have the advantage there. I don't think the hostile environment will effect WS because they have seen that many times in Memphis. DC has some very good players and are very talented with what I believe to be at least 4 D1 talents in Janes, Yarbrough, Hudson, and Hubbs. The deal is Yarbrough and Hudson are sophs and Hubbs is a freshman...that may be the difference right there....simply not enough upper classman to lead them against a team like White Station. I will say this....if DC does in fact beat WS I would not be shocked at all if they cracked the top 100 rankings heading into the state tournament.

Fore those that don't know about White Station

Joe Jackson 5'11 Sr consensus top 15 player in the country signed with Memphis

Andre Hollins 6'2 Jr consensus top 100 player in the country

Nino Johnson 6'6 Jr D1 High Major

Marvin Williams 6'6 D1 low major

Good post yankee i to would like DC to win but alot of posters think that WS has only a one man show! You are very intelligent when it comes to this game and i always respect your opinion! Most of your AAA schools out of Memphis are always loaded! I hope that DC can just kept it close. Good luck in Substate action! :thumb:

I think DC should try and keep the game close until the 4th quarter, and then if they're in striking distance thats where they turn it up, defensively. The best way to defend Joe Jackson is to be PHYSICAL. You may get some guys alot of fouls. I don't think the Dyer Co. refs will try and protect Jackson like he is sometimes down in Memphis. In pressing situations, you should take a guy off the ball and have him shadow Joe Jackson for the inbound. When he drives to the lane, there has to be some quick bodies and long arms to help out. In transition...you better hope somebody sets up for a charge, because I haven't seen anyone block a Joe Jackson dunk without him getting fouled. The more physical you are with Jackson the better.

I think DC should try and keep the game close until the 4th quarter, and then if they're in striking distance thats where they turn it up, defensively. The best way to defend Joe Jackson is to be PHYSICAL. You may get some guys alot of fouls. I don't think the Dyer Co. refs will try and protect Jackson like he is sometimes down in Memphis. In pressing situations, you should take a guy off the ball and have him shadow Joe Jackson for the inbound. When he drives to the lane, there has to be some quick bodies and long arms to help out. In transition...you better hope somebody sets up for a charge, because I haven't seen anyone block a Joe Jackson dunk without him getting fouled. The more physical you are with Jackson the better.
Am pretty sure I know who will be put on Jackson and he is physical and quick....DC is good at setting up charges. Get sick of seeing refs "protect" a player...sure doesn't help them at the next leve

There is no way that link, which I wathced the other day, can show much about either DC or Northside. It's a highlight tape and there is barely any point in the tape that more than 30 sec of the game is constant.

It doesn't show much D from either team. You hardly see any kinda of offensive sets. You don't get an idea about subs or who the coaches play when and where. The tapes the coaches will have are the actual game tapes from recent games. You might as well go into a game blind trying to scout with that video. It is a well put together vid of the highlights though.

agree with this ...have watched tape

I was told this morning that Dyer Co watched tape of White Station yesterday and people from Lake Co.,Union city.Memphis ..etc had called wanting to know about how many fans the gym would hold and about tickets..Looking forward to the game and the atmosphere.!

If I get there around 5 to 5:15 do yall think it will be sold out. I would hate to drive that far and get turned away.

Like adsmom said..I believe you'll be ok but I believe they'll sell a lot of tickets tomorrow..As long as you get there around 5:30..But still..I'd hate for you to take that chance coming so far..If you'd like I can have my son pick up a couple extra tickets and maybe email me and I'll meet up with you tommow and have the tickets in hand ..Even if you decided not to come..should be able to sell them before the game..My email is mrbigsters@aol.com if you're interested.!

Firestone,

Mark my words Nino Johnson will be a high major recruit. Wait and see. I know some don't believe that but he will be. Just don't get on here singing his praises next season when I turn out to be right. Trust me when I say he has been getting some attention already.

I'm sure he gets plenty of attention and offers. But from what I've seen this season and last, he is not a Big 6 player. Has size and strength, and will get D1 offers just from that. Most coaches do consider potential. He has no one-on-one post moves, travels or turns it over almost every time he's in that position, and only seems to be a consistent factor as a "garbage man". Physically, he has the POTENTIAL and maybe WILL be, but as of YET, he IS not a HIGH major recruit. And mark my words, unless his game changes drastically, I won't be singing his praises next season. I'm not the one to do that. Just like the young man Jalen Steele, he signed with Auburn and I still don't sing his praises. Kid couldn't dribble, though I haven't seen whether or not he can now. LOL