White Station vs Dyer County

Icy

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DC proved they belonged.

And they are young...Scary....

I know...they have some really talented players. The Hubbs kid may be the next big time major recruit not to mention Yarbrough and Hudson who will get there share of attention to. Wonder what scouts were at this game.

Yes my friend...DC PROVED they belong. IF we had hit our free throws we would have won. Yankees I told u in PM how I hoped this would go and it did....we kept it within 10 and as you remember I said last year that Hubbs would be one to watch. I am not going to gripe about Jackson fouling out........because regardless if we had hit the all important free throws we would have won. We altered Jackson's game and I never want to hear about how DC cannot compete against Memphis teams again...we proved tonight that we can. I knew youth could play a part in this and it did and there is no crime in that...that will come with time. I am beyond proud...:thumb:

Thanks JodyJoe.

A foul that should have been attributed to # 1 Joe Jackson was given to #11 on White Station who was checking in and not on the floor at the time of the called foul. A few minutes later with 3 minutes left, Joe picks up his 4th foul

I wasn't there so I don't know what really happened or not, but the guys on the radio were pretty fired up about it. Like adsmom said, who knows how it would have turned out if he was out, but I know it would have been a better outcome for DC if they sank the FTs.

you know it dont matter who wins or loses. lets applaud all the kids on both teams who put everything they have into a game. only thing they can control is themselves. so let the refs go back and worry about the kids not what got called or didnt get called. they had bad calls on both teams and next year it will be the same thing.

First half DC played a zone and Hollins KILLED it.

Second half DC did what they do and played man and played fast.

Free thows killed DC.

The foul on Jackson was a bad break but thats not what beat DC. Staying in the zone too long and not hitting free throws were the dagger.

Robert Hubbs will be the biggest recruit , outside of Memphis, in the whole state in the near future.

The foul was called on #11 who was on the bench,instead of #1 and a minute later Jackson fouled again which was his 5th.. He was the shooter at the end of the game shooting free throws when he should have been sitting on the bench. If you do not know how fouling him out might have changed the momentum of the game...then you dont understand basketball imho

DC proved they belonged.

I know...they have some really talented players. The Hubbs kid may be the next big time major recruit not to mention Yarbrough and Hudson who will get there share of attention to. Wonder what scouts were at this game.

Yes my friend...DC PROVED they belong. IF we had hit our free throws we would have won. Yankees I told u in PM how I hoped this would go and it did....we kept it within 10 and as you remember I said last year that Hubbs would be one to watch. I am not going to gripe about Jackson fouling out........because regardless if we had hit the all important free throws we would have won. We altered Jackson's game and I never want to hear about how DC cannot compete against Memphis teams again...we proved tonight that we can. I knew youth could play a part in this and it did and there is no crime in that...that will come with time. I am beyond proud...:thumb:

Yes that is true. We had some good conversations about this game. How did Janes look tonight.......Sounds like he had a good game. DC is a very good team just to young this season...i pointed out the same thing a few days ago. The DC coach is simply on another level than most high school coaches.....he has won big the last 4 years.....he lost Blake and all those seniors and they never missed a beat...last season it was CJ and the freshman along with a raw Janes...they lose CJ the team leader and this year they get the job done with Janes, sophmores, and and a super freshman talent.....Janes will be gone now and I expect they will be right back next season. I stated back early in the season that next season would be when they make there mark but low and behold they beat Bolton, Cordova, Jackson NS, and almost took down White Station with a team this young. I love this program and the job the coach does. WHAT PEOPLE NEED TO UNDERSTAND IS THIS TEAM DOESN'T OVERACHIEVE THEY ARE REALLY THAT GOOD AND HAVE BEEN FOR SOMETIME NOW.

DC proved they belonged.

Yes that is true. We had some good conversations about this game. How did Janes look tonight.......Sounds like he had a good game. DC is a very good team just to young this season...i pointed out the same thing a few days ago. The DC coach is simply on another level than most high school coaches.....he has won big the last 4 years.....he lost Blake and all those seniors and they never missed a beat...last season it was CJ and the freshman along with a raw Janes...they lose CJ the team leader and this year they get the job done with Janes, sophmores, and and a super freshman talent.....Janes will be gone now and I expect they will be right back next season. I stated back early in the season that next season would be when they make there mark but low and behold they beat Bolton, Cordova, Jackson NS, and almost took down White Station with a team this young. I love this program and the job the coach does. WHAT PEOPLE NEED TO UNDERSTAND IS THIS TEAM DOESN'T OVERACHIEVE THEY ARE REALLY THAT GOOD AND HAVE BEEN FOR SOMETIME NOW. yeah we did have good talks about this game!!! Janes looked GREAT tonight....he hurt them in the paint and held his own and then some. Think he finished with 19 or so....this was one of his best games of the year in my opinion. Hubbs came in and did great......you know what I think of him and last year and first of this year said he would be one of if NOT the BEST to ever come out of DC and I stand by that...:lol: check ur inbox by the way...:D

Just a few points I took away from the game tonight: Sad the refs blew such a major game changing call (for the 2nd year in a row). DC has incredible heart, passionate fans, and a top notch high school head coach. Jackson seemed a little overrated. #20 seemed far better to me personally. WS has amazing talent with no coach. The youth of DC showed tonight, but they also excelled. DC will be in contention for a few years to come. Congrats to both teams on a well played, hard fought game.