Chattanooga Soccer

reaction

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notre Dame and McCallie are playing in the Bearden tournament. CCS hosting tournament with CPA and Boyd on the A/AA scene. Saturday evening final will hopefully match CCS with winner of CPA/Boyd. We should have a better sense of Chattanooga soccer by Saturday evening. Baylor is playing well as evident in great showing at Cleveland tournament. ND's only loss to #2 Bearden, 3-2. CCS' only loss is to Bearden as well, 1-0, and tie is with GA powerhouse Dalton, 1-1. Hixson has done very well against average, when compared to likes of Alcoa, CAK, ND, teams in Chattanooga. Should face more challenging competition soon that will highlight where they stack up.

Boyd 4, CPA-1. Great win for Boyd. Will play a very, very good Science Hill tomorrow at 11:00 at CCS.

Thanks for the result. Anyone see the game? Details would be nice. Lets take care of SH tomorrow now. :angry:

Boyd SH should be a good game. Wish I could watch it!

SH-Boyd was a very good match. SH controlled the ball, great short game, very skilled interior mids and #10 up top. Boyd counter is extremely dangerous. #2 and #7 up top are VERY good forwards. Fast, physical, and excellent finishers. SH backs got a little lax on their marking and #2 burned them with a 1v2 breakaway opposite post rip for 1-0 halftime lead. SH scored fairly early in 2nd half on direct kick rebound, found new energy, and really dominated play in the 2nd half, but nearly gave up 2nd goal with furious counter by #7. Boyd's back line is big, strong, very good in the air. Direct play, look for quick counter, move from back line to forwards very quickly. SH plays quick possession redirect, likes to move to edges and attack down the middle with numbers. Was a classic direct v possession redirect match.

Finals, CCS was able to exploit the marking issues in SH back line with very good controlled counter attacks and played with a lot of pressure on the ball which disrupted SH entry pass to fwd and redirect to attacking mid, took away edge service. SH showed fatigue of earlier tough match with Boyd in 2nd half. CCS depth was key. Lots of rotation, played reserves much of semifinal win over Shelbyville and still prevailed 4-0.

Sequatchie beat Chattanooga Central 2-1 Tuesday to go 4-4 for the year. A .500 or better season would be a good accomplishment. (I have no idea if Central is any good, so don't jump on me, lol).

Central use to have some pretty good teams back when I was in high school. I'm not sure if they are that great now or not, but with the short time that you have had a team, I would think that was a pretty good win for you guys. :thumb: