• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by noonesfool:

KevB, what is your take on Southerland, Baugh, Hamilton,

Byrd

I've never seen any of them play so this is my 'best guess.'

Hadn't had anyone report on Hamilton, so I'll have to wait until the Hill beats...I mean plays East. :(

Byrd is a nice dual threat. He got 245 on the ground against Cherokee so he didn't have to throw. I'd say he can air it out if Lunsford wants him to.

Drew...well like I said, I've never actually seen Drew so I just go off what I hear from coaches, fans and his biggest fan, Barry Campbell. ;)

He's got a really good arm and is well built (6-4, 200) for the position. However, we all saw what Maryville did to West, so we'll have to wait for the next big one.

The 'shoot-out' with Baugh at Burleigh (sp?) Stadium.

I haven't seen Cody this season. Last year, I went to the Cherokee/G'ville game at G'ville on the Friday after 9/11. He wasn't sharp, but you could see he had a cannon for an arm. Actually, not a whole lot of people for Greeneville were sharp. Cherokee won the game and went on to play West for the IMAC...and got hammered.

My beat keeps me covering Rutledge and Claiborne County, so I probably won't see Cody or Drew unless it's in the playoffs in the quarters.

Our QB, A.J. Bennett, has had a good season. Coming off a sophmore season that he threw for over 1,300 yards, Bennett has seen his team struggle this season. He takes responsibility, but that's what a good QB does. He still has thrown for over 800 yards this season through 5 games. He is 6'4" 215lbs. with a strong arm. I think he is second in East TN. in passing. The team must play better for him to get mentioned by others. They will!

Posted by UCPatriot:

Our QB, A.J. Bennett, has had a good season. Coming off a sophmore season that he threw for over 1,300 yards, Bennett has seen his team struggle this season. He takes responsibility, but that's what a good QB does. He still has thrown for over 800 yards this season through 5 games. He is 6'4" 215lbs. with a strong arm. I think he is second in East TN. in passing. The team must play better for him to get mentioned by others. They will!

A.J. is a fine QB. You boys need to run the ball more consistently for him to have more opportunities to spread the field and make plays. North must be just fantastic on defense to hold y'all to 1 yard net rushing. A.J. needs more production from his backs.

Will Healy has to be considered as one of the best quarter backs in east TN. Last year will threw for 2700 yrds in 12 games. This past week Will broke the alltime city passing record in Chattanooga with 5,592 yrds, and has 5 regular season games left. He started as a soph. and junior and led his soph. team to a quarter final apperance and this year the Bucs are 5-0. Im not sure of Wills numbers this year but he has only thrown 1 interception with at least 25 attempts a game. Go Boyd-Buchanan!