Gibson Co. DESTROYS Manassas....

GCPioneer

Gibson Co. dominated Manassas from start to finish tonight. GC started the game on a 12-0 run and never let up winning the game 98-44. GC had built a 54-17 lead at the half and kept that pace into the second half. GC was lead in scoring by Heather Butler with 39 points. Heather Griffin dropped in 25, Courtney Haynes added 15 and Aubrey Reedy scored 8. Manassas was not a bad team at all. Their guard that has signed with Missouri Valley St. was held to 1 point and that came on a free throw in the third quarter. The point guard for Manassas was very good and could play. Like smckinney said on another thread, Manassas was shell shocked from the get-go and never knew what they were in for. Great job ladies!!!! Keep this up!!!!!!!

Legend, admit it, our girls can play!

Congratulations to Gibson Co. That was a thrashing! Its hard to come into our place with 1,500 to 2,000 fans. It's intimidating and it showed tonight with Manassas. Butler played insane tonight! Griffin and Haynes also stepped up big time. Ready dominating on the boards. If Gibson Co. can continue 3 more games like tonight, we will be hard to beat by any team in any classification!

Good luck girls. Keep your eyes on the ultimate goal. It's a 3 game season right now! :?

pioneer time for old mightydog to eat some crow,you said that westview would come into memphis and beat fairley,well thats what happen,westview shot the ball very well tonight,i think they may have had 12 3s or more,after ousley foul out it was pretty much over,rechit had 32pts and i dont remembering her missing at all,gc must have a heck of a team to beat westview by 20 and manassas by 40. good luck to both teams in the boro.

pioneer time for old mightydog to eat some crow,you said that westview would come into memphis and beat fairley,well thats what happen,westview shot the ball very well tonight,i think they may have had 12 3s or more,after ousley foul out it was pretty much over,rechit had 32pts and i dont remembering her missing at all,gc must have a heck of a team to beat westview by 20 and manassas by 40. good luck to both teams in the boro.

Hey man, no need to eat crow. Manassas had a good team, but GC is just firing on ALL cylinders and looks to be doing nothing except picking up the pace.

I tried to warn you guys about Westview. They have one of the best shooters in the state in Amber Rechis, who has signed with Florida Gulf Coast St. Westview isn't big or athletic, but they are well coached and fundamental. I do hope that mo2vate does get on here and give props to Westview out of sportsmanship. I tried to tell him to not look at that GC/Westview game and go by it. I figured Westview would come out with a win down there. They've been there before and have an experienced team who was in the state semi's just a year ago and returning everyone. Congratulations to Fairley on a great season!

gc came out ready to play and they played start to finish. i think it was hard for manassas to play at gc as it is for any team but they are not used to thousands of fans at a game a the game speed that gc plays at. it seem like manassas never did anything diffrent to try to take gc away from their game. gc shoot the ball really well tonight and if they shoot that well from hear on out i do not see anybody beating them. manassas is a good young team and this was a great experience for them to build on for next year. good season for manassas. as for gc a road trip to the boro is next on a mission for the gold great job tonight girls gc fans get ur hotels reserved and get ur popcorn ready !!!! :?

I tried to let them know, it is no joke in Gibson County. I've been up there TWICE and didn't like it neither time. The difference in Region 8 and Region 7 is Region 8(Memphis) has athletes, where Region(7) has teams. Our girls depend on their God given ability and spend less time in the gym working on the little things. You can tell Region 7 girls spend time in the gym working on their shot, attend camps and working with people on individual weakness. That comes with support, not just coach support, but family support. Most young ladies in AA Memphis play multiple sports so they don't have off season to work on their weakness. Regional 7 entire enviornment is very supportitave of their teams and it shows. When you pulled up at Fairley tonight you couldn't help but notice the 4 buses in front of the school. Manassas didn't have a change to win, but Fairley did, they missed freethrows and lay-ups down the stretch they casused them the game.

Congrats to the winners and good season to the losers.