Polk Co vs South Greene

jcub50

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like this could be a very good 1st Round game. Whoever wins will more than likely get Gibson Co. Thoughts? Predictions?

All I know about Polk County is what I have read on coach T. Is it correct that they like to slow the game down? South Greene plays a very fast, physical game. They also have an extreme defensive press. I would like to hear a little more about Polk and thoughts from anyone who has seen both teams play.

Looks like this could be a very good 1st Round game. Whoever wins will more than likely get Gibson Co. Thoughts? Predictions?

All I know about Polk County is what I have read on coach T. Is it correct that they like to slow the game down? South Greene plays a very fast, physical game. They also have an extreme defensive press. I would like to hear a little more about Polk and thoughts from anyone who has seen both teams play.

Yes, it is possible you could go to sleep watching them play. They are good shooters that are very disciplined and coached. McMinn Central is a fast paced team that had success the first three games. It is hard to prepare for this bunch. If they slow you down, they could jump up and get you.

Yes, it is possible you could go to sleep watching them play. They are good shooters that are very disciplined and coached. McMinn Central is a fast paced team that had success the first three games. It is hard to prepare for this bunch. If they slow you down, they could jump up and get you.

Thanks for the info. They will have a hard time slowing SG down, should be interesting.

I respect the opinion that it may be hard to slow SG, but trust me I made the same assupmtion with the results not that successful. Just ask a run and gun McMinn Central and Upperman what can happen there. If you depend on running game it could be a long day. If you are okay in half court game, you may be alright.

I respect the opinion that it may be hard to slow SG, but trust me I made the same assupmtion with the results not that successful. Just ask a run and gun McMinn Central and Upperman what can happen there. If you depend on running game it could be a long day. If you are okay in half court game, you may be alright.

Should be fun, I hope SG can play their game. I don't want to be yawning through the entire thing. :thumb:

Should be fun, I hope SG can play their game. I don't want to be yawning through the entire thing. :thumb:

I have even heard some Polk people say some of their last few games have been boring. You gotta do what works for ya though.

Should be fun, I hope SG can play their game. I don't want to be yawning through the entire thing. :bored:

I have even heard some Polk people say some of their last few games have been boring. You gotta do what works for ya though.

4 corners sucks, but you are right, you have to do what works for you. Im guessing you see it one more time. Sounds like SG brings the same type of game as Upperman.

Good Luck to Polk Co.

I think that South Greene would do ok in a slow down game. That's what Greeneville has done to them in 4 games this year and South Greene has won 3 of those, only losing the 1st meeting of the season at Greeneville. Obviously though, South Greene would prefer to get out and run and get the game in the 60's or 70's. I'm hoping that South Greene's experience in the state tourney from last year will put them over the top in this game and set up a probable rematch with Gibson County!

I think that South Greene would do ok in a slow down game. That's what Greeneville has done to them in 4 games this year and South Greene has won 3 of those, only losing the 1st meeting of the season at Greeneville. Obviously though, South Greene would prefer to get out and run and get the game in the 60's or 70's. I'm hoping that South Greene's experience in the state tourney from last year will put them over the top in this game and set up a probable rematch with Gibson County!

Thats kinda what I was thinking. South Greene has learned to adapt pretty well to slow down ball and it has resulted in 30-40 steals in the past few games. With that said, I know nothing of the Polk team, so the game is left to be seen. I would love to see a rematch of GC and South Greene. I think South Greene has spent this past year preparing for them. I'm still a little disappointed in their shooting, they have won many of their last games with their defense. They are better shooters than we have been seeing. Ansley Ricker is a beast when she is hitting her shots. I just hope that have it when they need it. Play hard Lady Rebels. I can't be there, but you can bet I'll hear every word. EYE OF THE TIGER!!!

Good Luck to South Greene! Hope to meet you in the semi's once again! If Gibson does happen to play Polk in the semi's, that slow game WILL NOT work. Just ask Westview when they tried to do it against us in the District championship. I hope to see South Greene in the semi's. Good Luck!!!!

I think this one may come down to how tightly this one is officiated. SG will need to score in transition. If they have to rely on the half-court game they may be in trouble as shooting has been inconsistant. That being said, they have done a good job controlling the tempo of nearly every game and play tough physical ball...GO GREENE