Polk Co vs South Greene

jcub50

Coach Dwight Renner is doing pretty well. He has had some health problems over the last few years, but I saw him at several games this year including the sub-state game at SG. The three former SG Ladies basketball coaches were honored, which included Claude Wallen, Renner, and Ricker. Dwight was "grinning like a possum".

I'm pretty sure he was going to ETSU when I was there. Funny story, back when Meigs girls were dominating in the early 90's, there was a Renner girl playing for Meigs......who, ironically was the daughter of Dwight's cousin. The Meigs girls played against South Greene at a Christmas tournament in Greeneville. Dwight told her before the game she needed to be playing for South Greene, not Meigs.....that it was a state rule!!! :thumb:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the refing was very different game to game. one game they would let them play and the next game they would be calling it tight. just comes with different refs. polk sure didnt seem like the slow it down team everybody made them out to be, they didnt have no problem getting out and running today, just didnt have enough to stick with south greene

The German girl for Polk could really play. I was very impressed with her. Brandi Crum for South Greene really played well today as well. I also thought that Maelyn Cutshaw was very impressive as a freshman for SG. She seemed very composed and didn't let the big stage get to her. Good luck SG in the next round against Gibson County!