Westview vs Lewis Co Quarterfinal Game

sportslover88

Westview comes into the game with a 26-8 record with 6 of their losses coming to Gibson Co and Obion Co. They They finished in the final 4 last year losing to Livingston Academy by 2. They have the one of the purest shooters in the state in Amber Rechis. She finished with 34 in the substate game against Fairley and has over 2500 career points. They have two solid post players in Sara Olds and Grace Ann Swaim. They also have a solid point guard in Jacey Sims.

Lewis Co comes into the game with a 27-6 record with a strength ranking of 14th and a schedule ranking of 56th. They beat Macon County 58-50 in substate to make it to state. They were led in scoring by Haylee Trull who had 15 points. Then, Kenley Crowell with 14 and Jacie Hinson with 12 points.

What are your predictions on this game? Does Lewis Co have someone to stop Rechis?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Westview comes into the game with a 26-8 record with 6 of their losses coming to Gibson Co and Obion Co. They They finished in the final 4 last year losing to Livingston Academy by 2. They have the one of the purest shooters in the state in Amber Rechis. She finished with 34 in the substate game against Fairley and has over 2500 career points. They have two solid post players in Sara Olds and Grace Ann Swaim. They also have a solid point guard in Jacey Sims.

Lewis Co comes into the game with a 27-6 record with a strength ranking of 14th and a schedule ranking of 56th. They beat Macon County 58-50 in substate to make it to state. They were led in scoring by Haylee Trull who had 15 points. Then, Kenley Crowell with 14 and Jacie Hinson with 12 points.

What are your predictions on this game? Does Lewis Co have someone to stop Rechis?

From what I was told by someone that has seen Lewis Co. play this year is that Lewis has no one that will be able to defend Rechis and that Olds and Swaim will control things. Westview should win this game fairly easily. Good Luck to you guys!!! Hope to play against you guys 1 more time on Saturdaay!!!!

Can you tell me a little about Westview? Are they the county school? I know a little bit about the area since my in-laws are Dyer County, but I am not sure where Westview is located.

Thanks.

Westview is in Martin...They were in the state tournament last season....I think the time they won a state title a few years back they were actually nationally ranked by USAToday....

Westview is the biggest of the schools in Weakley County....The other schools being Dresden, Greenfield and Gleason....

Amber Rechis is a DI signee (Florida Gulf Coast University)....She has the prettiest step-back jump shot you'll ever see...She takes over games...She has scored over 2500 points in her career...She had 32 in a win in Memphis against a team that had won 18 in a row and 30 overall....Westview has lost to Gibson County quite a few times in a row but they were 3-2 against Obion Central this season, including a 50-49 last second win in the region semis that they only led for 7 seconds the entire contest...They return all their main players from last season's state semi-final team...

Sounds like no one on here thinks CPA and Lewis County can compete with GC and Westview. Good Luck Lady Panthers!! Games are won on the court and not on message boards. Play with the heart, hustle and determination that got you to Murfreesboro and you will be fine. Go Lewis County!!

I WILL SAY THIS,IF WESTVIEW PLAY LIKE THEY DID SATURDAY NIGHT AGAINST MEMPHIS FAIRLEY WESTVIEW WILL WIN THE GAME,THEY MADE 9 3PT. AND 15 OUT OF 17 FREE THROWS,AND YES I,M A BELEIVER THE RECHICT KID IS ONE OF THE BEST SHOOTER IN TN. SORRY IF I MISS SPELL HER NAME BUT YOU BETTER PLAY HER WHEN SHE GETS OFF THE BUS. GRANTED I HAVE NOT SEEN LEWIS BUT WESTVIEW IS THE TRUTH.GC HAS TO BE ONE OF THE BEST EVER TO HAVE BEATEN WESTVIEW BY 20PTS. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS,AND CONGRATS ON MAKING IT TO THE BORO.

westview is very good team and much better than their record. they are playing their best ball of the season right now. gc is just a really tough matchup for the lady chargers. it is really hard to beat a very good team multiple times and i believe gc has beaten westview 8 consecutive times in the last two years. its crazy to think about but that just shows how good and consistent gc really is. gc played their worst game by far in the last two seasons when they got beat by obion county this year and still only were beat by 13 by a top 5 team in the state. this group of girls coming graduating from district 13aa is one of the best ever :lol:

Lewis has good defense, good ball handling, good ball movement. It'll be a good game, and maybe they'll surprise ya'll. They aren't here for no reason, and they didn't beat the #5 team in AA from being lucky. They'll be there Thursday, with 5 players on the court, just as many as Westview.