Time to hear McMinn Central vs. Greenville

logcabinman

I was looking over the schedule and at first I was not sure how good this McMinn Central team was. After looking at their season I think they are better than most think. It is obvious that Polk is a good team with their win against Upperman, a team that has give MC one of its two losses, also joining MC at the boro'. Maryville lost only four game with a loss in the sectionals to what I understand is a power house Morristown West team. MC only other loss by four, and what I understand did not play real well in that 2nd game of the season. I feel good about their chances of going all the way to Saturday. Good Luck.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say at this stage, all the teams have a pretty good chance at going all the way. I don't know much about MC, but it looks as though Greeneville has played a much tougher schedule. I hesitate to make a prediction on this one as Greeneville has been kinda tough to pigeonhole this season. They are a very balanced team with good post presence and stifling defense. They've done a good job in transition and have been fairly good from the stripe this year, which was the key to their substate win. I thought when Christopher suffered the broken hand in the regional semi's, that was it... but they managed to adjust and with the help of clutch, one-handed free-throw shooting from the injured Ms Christopher in double OT, beat a determined CAK in dramatic fashion. If they can control the tempo and stay out of foul trouble, I like their chances in this one...

Greeneville is a slow it down half court type team. Probably not unlike what McMinn Central has seen with Polk County. Greeneville's post play is the strength of the team but the guards are ok as well. The only problem now is that their starting PG has a broken left hand. She played some in the sub-state game with it but she's certainly not at 100%. I'm afraid that this might be the deciding factor in the game if Greeneville has a lot of turnovers.

Size is definitely Greeneville's strength. Their starting wings are both about 5'10'' and their inside players stand 5'10" and 6'0". They like to throw it inside to the post who can then either score inside or kick it out for a 3.

It seems that Greenville plays into MC strength. To play with MC you have to have good gaurd play or they will eat you alive. Unfortunate for G'ville on the PG, how can/did she play with a broken wrist?

I don't know specifics on stats for greeneville's substate game. But, in answering the questions about the gurds broke hand, she and the team responds well. One of the larger wings (5'10) will play guard and she does fine. I didn't see the substate game but they were down 6-8 at some pt late in the 2nd qtr. When Christopher came in they ended the half on a 9-2 run and went in up 3. They had a shot to make it larger. The second half the managed well and did what was needed to win. Don't count them out either way, they will be ready. It definitely hurts them but don't overlook the guard position because she'd injured.

I don't know specifics on stats for greeneville's substate game. But, in answering the questions about the gurds broke hand, she and the team responds well. One of the larger wings (5'10) will play guard and she does fine. I didn't see the substate game but they were down 6-8 at some pt late in the 2nd qtr. When Christopher came in they ended the half on a 9-2 run and went in up 3. They had a shot to make it larger. The second half the managed well and did what was needed to win. Don't count them out either way, they will be ready. It definitely hurts them but don't overlook the guard position because she'd injured.

No overlook- if your team is here they are a good team. My point is that teams with vunerable gaurd play will make it tough when playing MC.