LIBERTY/BOLIVAR RUN THRU MEMPHIS

btownbasketball

That might have been a stupid comment. Bolivar and Liberty both have dipped into Memphis every year and played and beat the Memphis teams...Congrats on the win. Actually Sheffield and Manassas were clearly the best AA teams out of Memphis this year but they went down earlier. I knew Trezevant didn't have much of a chance against Bolivar, but I thought BTW would fair better playing at home...Maybe we can get a Liberty/Bolivar Classic for the championship. Yankee this kinds of reminds me of the year when Bolivar and Southside played about 5 or 6 times. They had a classic game at the state tourney also

I remember that season well. Wasn't that the same year SS and Hawyood matched up in the 1st or 2nd round and the score was somethig like 114 to 110.....I'm sure I could be off but the score was crazy. SS was good back then.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First let me congratulate Liberty and Bolivar on their victories. Liberty came out and shot the ball very well. For some reason Memphis kids feel like they deserve to play in a game that is both fair and unbiased. BTW allowed the refs to frustrate them during the game with at least 4 very controversial offensive fouls so they stopped driving to the basket. The ref had three fans thrown out the game for making comments about what they felt was bias calls against BTW and the lack of call against Liberty. Martavious Newby was ejected when the same ref said he threw an elbow to the back of one of Liberty's players. Less than 1 min later, one of Liberty's players were whistled for an offensive foul for throwing an elbow, but was not ejected. Don't get me wrong, BTW did nothing to win the game by shooting less than 30% from the field. BTW is coming off a Runner-Up finish where they lost their top five players and still manage to make it to the sub state. People continue to act like they don't know, but TSSAA is about the money! Memphis teams don't bring the money to the BORO!! Last year Memphis sent five teams to the state with four of them playing for the championship. TSSAA stated it was the poorest grossing state turnout in history. This year will be worse because the boy’s state will not be held during spring break like last year.

Liberty and Bolivar have proven to be very strong programs with multiply state championships, their teams seem to be very well coached and you can tell their kids put in the gym time. So I will never take anything away from a team that works hard to do their best. I can only speak for the game I saw, BTWvs Liberty, and say I think the best team won the game regardless of what happened or didn't happen. I think in the end that should always happen. BTW was not able to handle the situation where Liberty took advantage and made all the right plays. BTW's best player did not show up in the game and you can tell the sophomore was frustrated. I hope Liberty wins it all!!

How do you guys claim that the TSSAA puts the Memphis schools through turmoil and it's about the money, lol. I'm sure it is about the money, but they don't make the Memphis schools go play against Oak Hill to make it to the state tournaments. Win your games and don't worry about what the TSSAA thinks about you being at the state tournaments. Aferall, isn't Memphis boys basketball supposedly one of the top high school basketball cities in the country this year?

How do you guys claim that the TSSAA puts the Memphis schools through turmoil and it's about the money, lol. I'm sure it is about the money, but they don't make the Memphis schools go play against Oak Hill to make it to the state tournaments. Win your games and don't worry about what the TSSAA thinks about you being at the state tournaments. Aferall, isn't Memphis boys basketball supposedly one of the top high school basketball cities in the country this year?

AAA yea

Nothing against you guys, but honestly why cry about losing a sub-state game and say TSSAA robbed someone? Does that mean that Union City got robbed by TSSAA because they lost? Trust me, TSSAA would MUCH RATHER Union City at state than Westwood, I promise you. Any decent team in Memphis will have just as many or more athletes as the team from rural West TN that they are competing against. I just don't agree with the fact that people from Memphis say they get robbed during sub-state if they lose because the TSSAA doesn't want them there because of money. I'm sure they'd much rather see a team like Union City there, but I highly doubt that TSSAA is going to rob a Memphis team because they don't want them there. That sounds absurd to me, honestly.

I don't believe there was a conspiracy about Memphis not bringing fans either. Heck I'm sure the ticket sales from Regional and District grosses ALOT of money for TSSAA anyways.

And it would have generated more if the powers that be would have had the games at bigger venues. Trust Me White Station and Melrose will bring huge crowds next week.

Let me first say that we all know that Memphis has dominate teams every year and a Memphis team brings home a gold ball every year. That being said sometimes you have to watch what you hope for. There was a poster on here about a month ago [ I'm not going to say his name he knows who he is ] that made the statement that the only reason Bolivar makes it to the Boro is because they don't have to go thru Memphis. Well the tssaa in there bid to end west TN. dominace decided to send BOLIVAR thru Memphis. The more things change the more they stay the same because Bolivar is still going to the BORO. Infact Liberty and Bolivar eraced Memphis from AA. So once again be careful of what you hope for, Trezevant and B.T. Washington ordered pussycats and pilgrims but they got Tigers and Creusaders. :thumb:

:thumb::blush:....heard BTW was whining about fouls :blush: I can barely keep a straight face typing this....WTG Liberty and Bolivar!!!!!

DC was whining too....it takes a whiner to know one....let it go adsmom...you're in AAA

:blush: :blush:....heard BTW was whining about fouls :thumb: I can barely keep a straight face typing this....WTG Liberty and Bolivar!!!!!

DC was whining too....it takes a whiner to know one....let it go adsmom...you're in AAA

Did BTW let it go when we beat them 2 years in a row?????? :thumb::blush:

:blush: :blush:....heard BTW was whining about fouls :thumb: I can barely keep a straight face typing this....WTG Liberty and Bolivar!!!!!

Did BTW let it go when we beat them 2 years in a row?????? :thumb::blush:

Yes, ofcourse...but who is the last team to beat you before you moved up to AAA.