Predictions for the the District of Death (D.O.D)

dins8

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do believe Coach Turner at Bearden has just as many if not MORE state titles than the Farragut programs.

Umm....... Bearden has 3 ('01, '02, '06) State Titles in Soccer. Farragut has 5 with the first coming in 1987. The other 4 coming in '03, '04, '07, and '09... So just as many or more... no. I do believe, as do many others, both teams have been the most dominant this decade. I mean with 7 out of 9 state titles this decade. That's just crazy. And what 2 of those 7 years they both played for the championship? in '03 and '07 I believe.

I think G has an interesting point about sometimes having to know what you are doing MORE SO with a talented team, and the coaching staff at Farragut has obviously proved they are more than qualified.

Anyone ever seen Farragut warm up? They are a group of boys that turn into a syncronized machine. No doubt, the coaching staff is the backbone behind such organization.

Anyone who thinks that Coach Culbreth just rolls a ball out and says go play really doesn't know much about Farragut. Take their 2007 state title for example: Farragut came off the blocks as talented, explosive, but also egotistical. I never would have thought they would have made such a run after a tie to an inferior McMinn County side. However, by the end of the season, they had transformed into an organized, selfless juggernaut. Yes, Farragut has always had an abundance of talent, but it certainly takes a talented coach to organize that talent and keep a train from derailing. No way does Farragut blow up in the playoffs!