Gibson Co. v. South Greene, Semi-finals

GCPioneer

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you will see more balanced scoring on Friday! CPA's size was a factor in yesterday's game and I agree that nerves may have played a part in GC's poor shooting. I think it's also an adjustment for the girls with the free standing goals.

Khadijah really impressed me ALOT with her hustle. She may not be the best offensive player on the court, but her defensive pressure and hustle she puts in makes up for it!

I think now that Haynes and Khadijah have gotten that first game out of the way, they'll shoot the ball better.

I think you will see more balanced scoring on Friday! CPA's size was a factor in yesterday's game and I agree that nerves may have played a part in GC's poor shooting. I think it's also an adjustment for the girls with the free standing goals.

Khadijah really impressed me ALOT with her hustle. She may not be the best offensive player on the court, but her defensive pressure and hustle she puts in makes up for it!

I think now that Haynes and Khadijah have gotten that first game out of the way, they'll shoot the ball better.

I agree about Khadijah - she played great defense yesterday. I hope you're right about shooting the ball better. Go GC!!!!!

When our team played in first State Tournament in Murphy Center, our best shooter (then a sophomore) said it was like someone put a goal out in the middle of a corn field and gave her a ball. The team went one and out that year and the next, but by her senior year, she was MVP of tournament and team won tournament, so look for second and third game for GC to be much better shooting games.

South Greene pulls the upset!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Anything can happen"

SG-66

Gibson-65[/quote

LOL, you just don't want to play Gibson Co. for a state championship if we both make it, huh? lol

Taking nothing away from South Greene, I expect them to put out a great game against us. Gibson Co. fans should expect nothing less considering it is the state semi's. Upsets are possible, but South Greene does not match up well with us at all to be honest.

Good luck tomorrow GC! How is the girl that got hurt late in the game Wed? Heard that she was not moving to good today at the team hotel, walking alittle slow. Really GC has the talent to overcome some minor things. Good luck. All West final!!maybe????

LOL, that's funny! Tell South Greene that she's hurt and not playing tomorrow. She did get clobbered during the game, but was walking fine today at the Murphy Center, lol. It was Heather Butler that got hurt, but trust me she won't miss tomorrow!