Coaching Positions

Gopackers

I'm with you icecold but you have to admit that the talent has been much more spread out. Not that Central didn't have exceptional talent as well but a lot of those kids that play at Riverdale have come from other programs instead of Central and yet they still can't win. Blackman had the same problem and you see what happened to their coach! lol

true. Im not from Rutherford county so I like the idea of multiple middle schools and high schools. that way you really find out who can play and who can coach. Not taking anything away from ron couey but when Central was the only middle school, how much coaching did he have to do. LOL at the Blackman comment. I hope Kyle Turnham lands on his feet he really does know a lot about the x's and o's of basketball

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

true. Im not from Rutherford county so I like the idea of multiple middle schools and high schools. that way you really find out who can play and who can coach. Not taking anything away from ron couey but when Central was the only middle school, how much coaching did he have to do. LOL at the Blackman comment. I hope Kyle Turnham lands on his feet he really does know a lot about the x's and o's of basketball

True. Turnham does know a lot about the X's and O's of basketball however thats only about 30% of coaching. If you cant relate to the kids and get them to buy into what you are doing, it doesnt matter how much you know.

As for the mighty Couey duo and coaching, didn't they get bounced in the first round of the district?

Looks like Chris Hooper from Central got the Whitworth-Buchanan job or at least its been offered to him. Inside sources say! I've heard Oakland Middle has hired their's too but nobody knows who it is! Maybe they'll name all of 'em at the same time. Blackman High included.

not surprised by Hooper. He'll do a good job at WB. the RCMSAA is about to really heat up with the two division hope it carries over to 7AAA Murfreesboro has got to get a title soon

Yeah, I hope he can do good over there. He's a good friend of mine and has paid his dues but he said that Oakland Middle is gonna be STACKED next year, because all of his j.v. team that went undefeated, is zoned there and who ever gets that job will look good for 1 year! lol Not sure about that, we'll see.

I haven't heard a word about the Oakland Middle job. I only know of 1 person that I've talked to that expressed some interest and if he gets it then they might be in trouble! And yes his last name starts with a "c" You know it could be a good job or really bad job to have considering it will be Oakland High's only feeder school! If the coach sucks then the high school program will suffer!