Coaching Positions

Gopackers

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riverdaleman do you something we don't? I think Woodson will get it and he would be a great hire as well.

who all do we think has applied. I dont understand why Mcdowell wouldnt be the front runner

Mcdowell is a great guy he even enjoys teaching my kid lol BUT i do not know his experience or his ability i do believe that he is a strong candidate meaning i think he has a shot but he is young and i do not know his background or history if Nolan hires him though I have the confidence that he feels he is more than qualified and he will have my full support...not that he would need it or anything lol...its gonna be me in 2 years hoping my kids make the team lol

not knocking your response, but I find it funny that people bring up lack of experience a lot as a knock against a candidate for a job. But if we really think about it everybody with experience was inexperienced at some point. I have seen a lot of experienced coaches get a job and completely suck. I truly believe if you can coach then you can coach. I honestly believe there are some assistants out here who are better than someof these head coaches but they dont get a shot because of inexperience. If you are an assistant for so long at some point someone is going to have to give you a shot. Once again Im not knocking your response this has just been a pet peeve of mine for a while. Especially in Rutherford county considering the fact that most of the coaches here (middle school and high school) werent even born the last time a rutherford county school won a state title.

With that being said Mcdowell has been an assistant for quite a while I think its his turn now.

Sorry for the rant. backt to the discussion lol

not knocking your response, but I find it funny that people bring up lack of experience a lot as a knock against a candidate for a job. But if we really think about it everybody with experience was inexperienced at some point. I have seen a lot of experienced coaches get a job and completely suck. I truly believe if you can coach then you can coach. I honestly believe there are some assistants out here who are better than someof these head coaches but they dont get a shot because of inexperience. If you are an assistant for so long at some point someone is going to have to give you a shot. Once again Im not knocking your response this has just been a pet peeve of mine for a while. Especially in Rutherford county considering the fact that most of the coaches here (middle school and high school) werent even born the last time a rutherford county school won a state title.

With that being said Mcdowell has been an assistant for quite a while I think its his turn now.

if you had read my post a little more careful all i said was i do not know his experience. I know he was hired as a soccer coach is that more his background or is basketball his background my only point was i did not know. I also followed that up with if Nolan hires him then i will be more than satisfied. I think in basketball the most successful coACHES are the ones that can relate to their players and let them play so if Mcdowell is gets the job i will have full confidence in him.

with Woodson i know a little bit about his background and i know he is a good coach

if you had read my post a little more careful all i said was i do not know his experience. I know he was hired as a soccer coach is that more his background or is basketball his background my only point was i did not know. I also followed that up with if Nolan hires him then i will be more than satisfied. I think in basketball the most successful coACHES are the ones that can relate to their players and let them play so if Mcdowell is gets the job i will have full confidence in him.

with Woodson i know a little bit about his background and i know he is a good coach

right lol but if you would have read my response a little closer you would have seen where I said I wasnt knocking YOUR response. I was just speaking in general. As far as Coach Mcdowell's experience I think he has close to 7 years experience as an assistant if im not mistaken. I believe he actually has way more knowledge about basketball than he does soccer

What were the immature comments? A lot of Memphis players are thugs in my opinion. I dont like Memphis area schools because it is the MBA. They constatntly make trades and recruit players. Do you find it ironic that Memphis area teams are on a 2 year domination cycle. White Station dominates 2 years, then Ridgeway 2, then Melrose 2. That just doesnt happen my friend. If Murfreesboro schools just rotated an all-star team every 2 years we would dominate too.

Oh and just FYI, if Murfreesboro did have this "all-star team" they'd do exactly what siegel did this year. Be the only tea, in the boro to make it to state, then lose to a memphis team, and if they didnt the first time, im sure theyd lose to the OTHER memphis team that made it.

What were the immature comments? A lot of Memphis players are thugs in my opinion. I dont like Memphis area schools because it is the MBA. They constatntly make trades and recruit players. Do you find it ironic that Memphis area teams are on a 2 year domination cycle. White Station dominates 2 years, then Ridgeway 2, then Melrose 2. That just doesnt happen my friend. If Murfreesboro schools just rotated an all-star team every 2 years we would dominate too.

Oh and just FYI, if Murfreesboro did have this "all-star team" they'd do exactly what siegel did this year. Be the only tea, in the boro to make it to state, then lose to a memphis team, and if they didnt the first time, im sure theyd lose to the OTHER memphis team that made it.

So your telling me that a 100% Kerry Hammonds, 100% LeVon Tate, Cedric Williams, Jamal Hughes, Terrance Dixon couldnt hang with a starting five from Memphis? DUMB :flower:

So your telling me that a 100% Kerry Hammonds, 100% LeVon Tate, Cedric Williams, Jamal Hughes, Terrance Dixon couldnt hang with a starting five from Memphis? DUMB :flower:

First off, clap clap on completely avoiding commenting on how you are immature and question the character of men you dont even know.

And second no they couldnt because there are about two starting 5 teams memphis could make of top 150-250 guys(rutherford has 0?) that could probably destroyed that lil starting five you just made up.

And since the season is over, take away hammods, hughes, and tate. Wow, it wouldnt even be close.

Your argument holds no water Southeast, because if nobody could compete with Memphis teams then they would win the state every year and thats just not the case. Ok so Melrose had a good/great team this year, thats great, hats off to them, but so did a lot of other teams that weren't even in the state tournament. Was Siegel the best team out of our region? Probably not, but we'll never know how Oakland or Columbia would've matched up against Melrose. And before you say "they wouldn't, they would've gotten domintated" just know that I'm not arguing with you, but I think it's arrogant and immature of you to think the Memphis area is the only region that's ever won a state tournament or that Middle TN will never have a team to compete. Some good teams have come from all over the state in recent years not just Memphis! lol

Seasons over, now lets get back to talking about these coaching positions in Rutherford County and if you wanna continue your argument go make your own board! lol