McMinn Central - Martin Westview in Friday's AA semifinals.

blitzinbuc

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McMinn Central did not play their best today....defense won them the game but if they play their "A" game, they can pull off a win against Westview. Saw WV play before the game. They look to be a good..fast paced team. This is gonna be a 1 point game. Can't wait to see it!!!! :lol:

McMinn Central-55

Westview-54

i think this could go either way.. just depend on if lee shows up like she did today..

but whoever wins i think it will be atleast by 10.. :lol:

Westview you should be very proud... Its hard to beat 3 BAD Ref's. :roflol: an a good MC team!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep working you will be back in the boro next year...

The officiating was bad for both teams and has been awful for most of the tournament. The bottom line is that Westview just got beat by the better team today. Westview controlled the tempo for the first 20 minutes and completely lost control in the last 12. They lost their composure a little bit which didn't help things either. McMinn did a great job on Rechis in the 2nd half and McMinn's domination of the glass proved to be the difference. Great win by McMinn.

Westview you should be very proud... Its hard to beat 3 BAD Ref's. :roflol: an a good MC team!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep working you will be back in the boro next year...

The officiating was bad for both teams and has been awful for most of the tournament. The bottom line is that Westview just got beat by the better team today. Westview controlled the tempo for the first 20 minutes and completely lost control in the last 12. They lost their composure a little bit which didn't help things either. McMinn did a great job on Rechis in the 2nd half and McMinn's domination of the glass proved to be the difference. Great win by McMinn.

I thought the officiating was okay not but not terrible. After MC's last few games, I was just glad to see that they let them play. I hate calling every hand check. What was the rebounding numbers? I was actually disappointed in MC's rebounding. They missed many they should have been in position for. I know alot of MC's rebounds were from their own missed lay-ups. Just glad they woke up in the 4th and won. MC didn't turn on the "borderline nasty" D until the 4th. I thought they were sandbagging it for the championship.

Can't believe no one is talking about the biggest play of this game. There is no doubt that Amber Reiches is a great player. There is also no doubt that the technical she got turned the game around. They had the ball and a 5 point lead, MC hit the free throws and scored and Westview was done.

No doubt she is a great player, but her mouth apparently got her and her team in trouble

I don't think it was her mouth that got her in trouble. The Technical was called for an elbow which apparently landed on one of the McMinn players. At that point it was 31-28 Westview and after that McMinn outscored the Lady Chargers 20-3 the remainder of the game. So yes, I thought it was a big segment of the game and probably changed the entire momentum after that.

congrats though to Westview on another solid season- Coming back from 15 down in the regional semifianls to put themselves into a position to get back to the BORO and almost got another opportunity to play Gibson County for a fifth time. Best of luck to the Westview seniors who were a part of some great teams . :mrgreen: