Class AAA State Tourney Team Capsules

feartheveer

I want to know a little more about the other 7 teams that Bearden has the chance of playing next week in the Boro.

Bearden

Has terrific guard play. A little on the small side, but tremendously quick. All of them can handle the rock very well and have an abundance of energy. They usually rotate between 8-9 players and keep the pressure up all game.

What they lack is a true inside presence. Their tallest player is listed at 6'5. He has some good post moves, but is on the slim side.

Coaching is excellent and this team will be prepared for whatever team they are up against. Coach Blevins obviously knew what he was doing last year when he would sub 5 in and 5 out (at times, I did question the timing of his substitution patterns though).

Regardless of what happens next week in Murfreesboro, I have never been more impressed with a Bulldog team that this year. This will go down as one of the greatest teams ever in the history of Bearden Basketball. I never would have guessed that losing 5 starters (3 of which are on D-1 rosters), that this team would make it back to state....scary thing is...they only lose one player from this years team!!!!

Good Luck to the Bulldogs next week. I wish I could be there, but I will be sippin CCL by the pool at the MGM Grand in Vegas with Mouth!!!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

White Station

Has the best player in the state in Joe Jackson who is a consensus top 20 recruit and McDonald's All American. He's joined by a top Junior prospect in Andre Hollins who is bigger and very athlethic. These two are the primary options for White Station offensively. When both are on point, the Spartans will be hard to beat.

White Station boasts some size with 6'7 Nino Johnson, 6'6 Jordan Miles, and 6'6 Marvin Williams. Unfortunately they do not produce alot of points with the exception of garbage buckets and sometimes they are a weakness on defense as well. They're inconsistent, but when they play well and control the boards and get blocks they are a solid front line.

The other supporting guards are good complements to Jackson and Hollins. Harry Green and Brandon Bullock are both Senior sharpshooters. Julian Burton gives White Station is solid floor general who controls the flow in the half-court and is a very good defender. 6'3 Rod Tucker comes into the game for defensive purposes as well.

White Station has an Ok Coach, but most of the time the team will depend heavily on Jackson to get them going and they are not the most intense or aggressive team, but they are explosive offensively.

Melrose

Chris Jones, Nate Rucker, and Adonis Thomas are the most dangerous trio in the state. Jones is an explosive high octane scoring point guard, who is a savvy defender. He's been on a hot streak in the playoffs. Nate Rucker has been playing especially well as the 6'6 post is getting the touches he deserves. He's an intimidating pressence similiar to Joey Dorsey. Adonis Thomas is a phenominal wing at 6'7 and he can do a bit of everything. His pressence may not be felt scoring wise, but he does everything else well, especially to defend which is why he is top 10 Junior Nationally.

6'4 Jermaine Hollimon,6'4 Bobby Parks,6'1 Devontae Hampton,6'3 Ced McAfee, and 6'3 Telvin Wilkerson are big strong guards. All of which who can shoot the three and are aggresive. Hollimon is one of the best shooters in the state, Bobby Parks has a smooth overall game which he got from his father, Hampton is a nice backup Combo guard who's game is nice to watch and he has a certain fire to his game, Ced McAfee is another good shooter and explosive athelete. Wilkerson is a stocky strong guard who can handle, shoot the 3, and play monster defense.

Overall Melrose is a loaded team who plans on getting after you defensively. Similiar to Missouri. I didn't even mention the other young guys who get some minutes. Melrose is the state favorite, they're loaded with D1 talent, and are playing the best right now in the state. I think they'll be the State Champs.

Melrose Vs. Whitestation in the finals. I don't know what else to say.

Between these two teams There are 5 players ranked in the top 100 in the nation....4 of them in the class of 2011. 3 teams in this district are ranked in the top 50 in the nation...Melrose has been as high as 15 and Whitestation has been as high as 19. Memphis Central was the other team, they were defeated by Southwind, which was ranked in the top 100 in the nation.

Whitestation: Joe Jackson Mcdonalds all american class of 2010 #1 player in the state #11 overall,Signed with Uof Memphis

Andre Hollins class of 2011 Top 70 in the nation

Melrose: LOADED: Adonis Thomas class of 2011 #1 in the state # 11 overall

Chris Jones class of 2011 Top 36 in the nation committed to UT

Cedric Mcafee class of 2011 Top 70 in the nation

and probably 4 mid-major and two more future majors

Both Columbia and Siegel have extremely large lineups. Siegel has to 6'9 guys and a 6'6 PG in Kerry Hammonds who is absolutely phenomenal when on. Columbia has a couple of guys 6'7, 6'8 and up. Columbia also has a great scoring PG in James English. I know the Memphis teams are favorites but Siegel and Columbia cannot be looked over.

I dont think Columbia guys are quite 6'6 and 6'9...lol they have a 6'5 6'4 and two 6'2 and they all are very long. James English and Domino Parks are they go to players who have to play good for them to have a chance. They do have a great supporting cast in Hamlett, Goff, Christmon, and #22. This can be a upset team if they are looked pasted. My pick to pull a very big upset if they play basketball and have their inside/out game working.

I dont think Columbia guys are quite 6'6 and 6'9...lol they have a 6'5 6'4 and two 6'2 and they all are very long. James English and Domino Parks are they go to players who have to play good for them to have a chance. They do have a great supporting cast in Hamlett, Goff, Christmon, and #22. This can be a upset team if they are looked pasted. My pick to pull a very big upset if they play basketball and have their inside/out game working.

Melrose is big and athletic.....Whitestation is very athletic. I know anything can happen, but I have seen Columbia and Siegel and their athleticism is not on the same level. Liberty AA in West TN, pretty much had their way with Siegel. Melrose has 12 starters and Mcafee is a major D1 talent and he comes off the bench sometimes. Whitestation has Joe Jackson he is a flat out stud, he lives up to the hype. They also have Andre Hollins he is a stud.....They have a good supporting cast.

If any team outside of Memphis wins in AAA my bet would be on Clarksville Northeast. They are not the best team left--but perhaps the most complete. IMHO.

Key players are:

SR. G Telvin James 5'11- a bit irradic, but can score with the best guards--except JJ

SO. F Alex Poythress 6'7- Already being looked at by UT, VU (I believe Commodores already offered), and Purdue among many other SEC schools. Not a great scorer yet--but an unbelievable rebounder.

NE has good team size, quickness and balanced scoring. But their ability to guard is what could get them a championship.

BUT my $ would be on Memphis.

Siegel has the talent, but lack identity and injuries have hurt them. Also don't have much faith in coach.

Don't over look Beech. (No matter how much you prepare for Beech and the 1-3-1, it doesnt compare to when you are on the floor with them.)

Beech and NE were both in Murfreesboro last year--so they are capable of pulling off a win...

If any team outside of Memphis wins in AAA my bet would be on Clarksville Northeast. They are not the best team left--but perhaps the most complete. IMHO.

Key players are:

SR. G Telvin James 5'11- a bit irradic, but can score with the best guards--except JJ

SO. F Alex Poythress 6'7- Already being looked at by UT, VU (I believe Commodores already offered), and Purdue among many other SEC schools. Not a great scorer yet--but an unbelievable rebounder.

NE has good team size, quickness and balanced scoring. But their ability to guard is what could get them a championship.

Siegel has the talent, but lack identity and injuries have hurt them. Also don't have much faith in coach.

Don't over look Beech. (No matter how much you prepare for Beech and the 1-3-1, it doesnt compare to when you are on the floor with them.)

Beech and NE were both in Murfreesboro last year--so they are capable of pulling off a win...

That Beech 1-3-1 is their downfall as well. Siegel doesn't impress me.

thanks for all the helpful insight. I tend to agree that it will be White Station vs Melrose in the Finals, but thats why they call it march madness. Anything can happen.

I will be intrested to see what the brackets are like when they are released tommorow. Should be fun anticipating the matchups and great banter amongst the teams fans on the message boards next week.

Melrose wins this Title hands down i watched them get down by 12-13 points in the region semi to a very good and hot shooting Southwind team and what did they do.... Blew by em QUICKLY. Then turned around and beat the best player in the state team(white station which is a good team who i watched pull out a tough win over a great ridgeway team) by 23. Melrose is Legit and know doubt in my mind the best team in any classification in TN. which equals AAA champs this year and most likely next as well! But if they DO slip on a banana peel(which i dont see happening but wldnt shock) i think itll be lil joe jackson's in the title game!

Key players are:

I am not a big fan of Siegel's coach, but i will give him some credit. He did go 24-8 this season and had to coach through 2 major injuries with Hammonds and Tate. I think he has done ok this season. He is 1 of 8 still working in AAA. I bet everybody in the district wishes they were in his shoes. So good luck Siegel and Coach Dodson. :roflol: