Board Action

hoopcoach1

We managed to get 2 and a half games in between the rain and frigid wind.

We have a long ways to go but there is hope. We lost to Midway and to Rockwood in a shortened game but we did manage to beat Coalfield. It is hard to get a good read on things as players were playing several positions and the coaches were tinkering with setup.

I have to brag a little on my girl though. She played well in the field at catcher and first and made good contact with the ball in 5 of 6 at bats. She had a stand up double of the phenom from Coalfield which could have flown the fence if not for a stiff breeze pushing it back. She was a little nervous it being her first high school games but she dug in and fought through it. I am proud of her and all our girls.

She also got to pitch a couple of innings and didn't get scored on. She is NOT a pitcher but will help out wherever she is needed!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monday and Tuesday's weather looks good, at least right now. Sequatchie has Red Bank Monday, Meigs Tuesday. These should be 3 of the best Class AA teams around Chattanooga and would probably be the picks for the 3 area districts.

I am sure Central will have something to say about that but the rest of 6AA is looking a little weak.

Central would be my pick in that District. Willard will be tough to handle if she gets any offense at all. :thumb:

Yeah I was wondering about that. Could have made a difference. I still wouldn't be surprised to see them finish 3rd or 4th.

You all may well be right about Central, I'd forgotten about them dropping for a second until reading the article yesterday.

Very tough to do this early but I'll take a crack at it before the season begins Monday. Subject to change, maybe immediately :thumb:

1-Soddy-Daisy

2-GPS

3-Walker Valley

4-Ooltewah

5-Grace Academy

6-Sequatchie County

7-Baylor

8-Meigs County

9 (tie) Chattanooga Central/Red Bank

10-Marion County

Darkhorses: Grundy County, Rhea County