class 1-A seeding

wchscoach

beavo5,know why those "better teams" are sitting home? Because 5 kids took a basketball and E-L-I-M-I-N-A-T-E-D them from the tourney!Know why it's not single eleminitation all the way through(4 from district, 2 from region advance)? Every precaution has been taken to allow stronger teams to advance, the regular seasons top teams are given home court advantage in the first round of the dist.,the top two dist. teams also have home floor in reg. against lower seeded teams.Even better you are allowed to lose in dist. play and advance,lose in reg. championship, and still advance to sectionals,again with the winners having home floor! What else would you have T.S.S.A.A. do. It was decided on the floor,each team controlled their own fate,and only those who deserved to be at M'boro made it there,if not "the best". If it makes you feel better,my team's sitting at home too,plenty good enough to have made it through,had a bad game on the wrong night, no excuses! :thumb:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It don't make any difference how you draw up the brackets some idiot is going to gripe and complain about it. Last year it was Humbolt griping about who they had to play first round...would they be griping if they had won that game - heck no. Every body is going to complain except for 3 schools this coming Sunday morning...and those are the ones that won Saturday! Bearden in AAA, Fulton in AA and I dont have a clue in A. Nuff said

I don't have a problem with Humboldt's draw this year...I think Clarksville has the best team in the tourney this year outside of Humboldt (remains to be seen if they are better)...I, along with all the other Humboldt fans, had a huge problem with our draw last year for the simple fact that Humboldt and Manassas were BY FAR the two best teams in the state in single A...HBT fans were complaining about this the Saturday before the game ever took place, not after...Last year, Manassas beats Humboldt on a three point shot at the buzzer in a game Humboldt gave to Manassas due to horrible free throw shooting...Now, look at what Manassas did the rest of the tournament...Two blowouts...There's no question the two best teams got matched up in the first round...A seeding system based off of the state AP Polls would work best in my opinion...Also don't allow teams from the same region to play each other in first round...Yes, there would be some complaining about seeds but that's much better than random draws potentially placing the two best teams (regardless of class) in a first round matchup..

It don't make any difference how you draw up the brackets some idiot is going to gripe and complain about it. Last year it was Humbolt griping about who they had to play first round...would they be griping if they had won that game - heck no. Every body is going to complain except for 3 schools this coming Sunday morning...and those are the ones that won Saturday! Bearden in AAA, Fulton in AA and I dont have a clue in A. Nuff said

Wait... I hate to get off topic, but you think bearden is going to win 3a? Lol

I don't have a problem with Humboldt's draw this year...I think Clarksville has the best team in the tourney this year outside of Humboldt (remains to be seen if they are better)...I, along with all the other Humboldt fans, had a huge problem with our draw last year for the simple fact that Humboldt and Manassas were BY FAR the two best teams in the state in single A...HBT fans were complaining about this the Saturday before the game ever took place, not after...Last year, Manassas beats Humboldt on a three point shot at the buzzer in a game Humboldt gave to Manassas due to horrible free throw shooting...Now, look at what Manassas did the rest of the tournament...Two blowouts...There's no question the two best teams got matched up in the first round...A seeding system based off of the state AP Polls would work best in my opinion...Also don't allow teams from the same region to play each other in first round...Yes, there would be some complaining about seeds but that's much better than random draws potentially placing the two best teams (regardless of class) in a first round matchup..

Yepp yepp!!! It was crazy that Humboldt and Manassas had to play each other in the first round last year. Had Humboldt nailed the free throws, they would've won by like... what? 12 to 13 points? But, that's the way the tournament goes. May the best team win!

I agree that in a perfect world,Humboldt would have gone home with the silver ball last year.Do I think the most deserving team wins it all every year,ABSOUTELY,(I didn't say best, most deserving). Can you say second most deserving gets silver,no way.the tournament is set up to award the gold ball,not the silver one.If,however the T.S.S.A.A. had gone to seeding this year how would the brackets look?There are not two teams to clearly oppose in the brackets.Humboldt thinks Westwood was a bad draw, would you rather have gotten Fulton? Really? I f you want a glimpse of the turmoil seeding would cause, I'll start a thread and ask everyone to draw up their own brackets and post them and comment on everyone elses'.

I agree that in a perfect world,Humboldt would have gone home with the silver ball last year.Do I think the most deserving team wins it all every year,ABSOUTELY,(I didn't say best, most deserving). Can you say second most deserving gets silver,no way.the tournament is set up to award the gold ball,not the silver one.If,however the T.S.S.A.A. had gone to seeding this year how would the brackets look?There are not two teams to clearly oppose in the brackets.Humboldt thinks Westwood was a bad draw, would you rather have gotten Fulton? Really? I f you want a glimpse of the turmoil seeding would cause, I'll start a thread and ask everyone to draw up their own brackets and post them and comment on everyone elses'.

How did Manassas deserve to win the Gold Ball over Humboldt? I mean, both teams were EXTREMELY good last year and probably - hence, I say, "probably" - could've competed in the Class AAA division (well, for regular season... Lol, it would take a miracle for Manassas and Humboldt, with the school sizes they are, to climb up the bracket in the State for Class AAA). If there was ever an instance where two teams should've shared the top spot, last year was that instance. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. Anyways, now Humboldt and Manassas are in different classes. It should be fairly easy for Humboldt to finally get in the Finals now.

How did Manassas deserve to win the Gold Ball over Humboldt? I mean, both teams were EXTREMELY good last year and probably - hence, I say, "probably" - could've competed in the Class AAA division (well, for regular season... Lol, it would take a miracle for Manassas and Humboldt, with the school sizes they are, to climb up the bracket in the State for Class AAA). If there was ever an instance where two teams should've shared the top spot, last year was that instance. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. Anyways, now Humboldt and Manassas are in different classes. It should be fairly easy for Humboldt to finally get in the Finals now.

Simple......Manassas won the game. Notice the part where I said( MOST DESERVING, NOT BEST).I'd have taken Humboldt over Manassas any day of the week,and told Humboldts' fans the same thing after Scotts Hills' loss to them in sectionals( yes I was there, and I was there when Manassas beat Scotts Hill in a much closer game for the reg.championship).I was not meaning that they should have been seeded higher,just stating what I thought was obvious to everyone......hmmmm. :mrgreen:

The AP poll is not a good way to decide because not all regions are represented. Besides many of those voters do not know details about the teams they are voting on. Example: In 2005 Grace Academy Football started the season 4-o as a 1st year football program and were ranked in the top 5 in the state. They lost bad to Whitwell and fell to 4-1 and were still ranked in the top 10. AP is not the best way to decide.

Simple......Manassas won the game. Notice the part where I said( MOST DESERVING, NOT BEST).I'd have taken Humboldt over Manassas any day of the week,and told Humboldts' fans the same thing after Scotts Hills' loss to them in sectionals( yes I was there, and I was there when Manassas beat Scotts Hill in a much closer game for the reg.championship).I was not meaning that they should have been seeded higher,just stating what I thought was obvious to everyone......hmmmm. :thumb:

Wow, man. I wasn't trying to get smart with you or anything. I was just asking a simple question and I didn't find anything wrong with that. And yes, I did notice the part where you said, "Most deserving" because I likewise said that Manassas and Humboldt were BOTH very deserving... what I was trying to say was that if there was ever a year where two teams deserved to share the top spot, last year was that year. But anyways, that's just my humble opinion. Humph!!!...

i think if Clarksville Academy has a halfway decent point guard (havent seen them play so cant say they do) but they will handle Wayne co pretty easy because they get their wins in the closing minutes with their press. and if Tyler Rice gets into foul trouble like he tends to do then WC has absolutely no chance what so ever of even dreaming to win.. also they just have no1 who can guard CA post game. Dixon or Keating just dont have the skill to do it.

hey perry county handled wayne county didnt they

yes in the post they did, Cunningham had 19 points 13 rebounds and 7 blocks. he didnt even recieve all district. im just saying that Wayne co post play just dont exist. Heck 5'10 Tucker was scoring in the post on Wayne co... not saying wayne co dont deserve to be in the boro but if they want to win in the boro it will take a big performance in the post, which hasnt happened from wayne co all year