District 4-AAA Scores and Updates

FHSstr8cash

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Wednesday, Catholic beat Lenoir City 11 - 0 and Farragut beat Bearden 6 -2.

Was interesting to see Bearden's game plan unfold. Basically, walk Delmonico and make the other bats beat you. Almost worked as I dont recall an extra base hit by Farragut, and several strikeouts with runners in scoring postion. Bearden doesnt play good defense, with a couple critical erros again last night. With better defense, that game is probably 4-2.

Pfeifer struggled early, but settled in and looked great.

Just my random thoughts

Farragut won game 2 in Florida.. 11-1 over St. Frances Academy

Is Farragut getting screwed down there or what?? The website of the tournament has them in the losers bracket with no chance of playing in the championship game although they are 2-0. What's the deal??? Ihavenofriendz, got any idea?

edit. the only thing I can figure as to why Farragut played the loser of game 3, is because there was only 1 team in game 3 so they automatically got the win, and there was no one else to play the loser of the other game? but that doesn't explain why they are scheduled for the 15th place game. Farragut should be playing Pinecrest right now I believe. Assuming the bracket is right and they are on time. They got sort of screwed up yesterday with some games being rained out or something. I am kind of curious as to how good these teams down there actually are. I mean, in an article on baseball america they pointed out that Farragut had to play in this tournament that had 9 teams from Florida. Maybe they are assuming teams from Florida are automatically better than TN teams? I am sure we will see what baseball america says about the tournament. I believe I saw that they had a reporter down there covering the games.

I couldn't help but laugh at this...

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/high-school/team-rankings/2010/269735.html

If only they knew of coacht, they'd know Farragut's lost 2 games.. Farragut dropped down to 29th in last weeks ESPNrise.

edit again.... I'm just going to assume that Farragut agreed to play in the last place game because there is an odd number of teams. Just a way to get an extra game in while they are down there. I'm sure that's what happened with the loser's bracket game as well.

Farragut defeated West on Monday 12-2. Nick Williams pitched the Admirals to victory.

Tonight, the Ads traveled to scenic Heritage to play the Mountaineers. With the wind blowing out, the Ads came away with another victory. Pfeiffer pitched the 5-inning affair, winning 18-2, I believe. The Mountaineers got both runs via HRs vs. Pfeiffer. Ethan Bennett had the big blow for the Ads, with a grand slam. :lol: