Job Opening or "soon to be" job openings

sball23

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any word on Richland? Heard they were trying to run their coach out.

That is unreal, if true. That would make it possibly 4 schools in the district replacing coaches that are either leaving or being run off, from what I have heard. Cully, MtP, Hampshire, and now Richland?

Anyone in those areas have any more information?

If BulldogGrowl is correct, that once again is a major turnover in this district. When will these administrators quit running through coaches like water. Are these coaches that bad or are parents runnign the teams?Culleoka has zero talent or cohesiveness. Mt. Pleasant just starting showing a spark. Hampshire actually cared. Richland is the only team I think was disappointing especially after the way they lost to CA not being able to break the press. Why is there no stability in the coaching profession?

2hands, The "family" must have known something because the new coach has taken them to region every year. However, I don't doubt what you're saying one bit. Because this same thing happened when their son became a freshman. They are scared that their kids won't get recognized with some coaches. However, if they're good they'll play I would hope.

I heard some people talking like a former coach either at Lawrence County or a school in Lawrence County coming to Richland and/or Cully. To me it seems like the guy from Richland never had a chance, just an observation. And people at Cully have seemed down on that guy all year long, and I saw signs of life off and on there, not sure the girls wanted to play every night for him. Not sure about Mt. P, but people over there that I have talked to this weekend seem to think there are alot of changes coming, not only to basketball, but to the school as a whole. I agree with what has been said, they did look improved this year, and the coach had a very tough start from a personal standpoint. And I am still hearing that Hampshire's coach is gone, possibly to greener pastures, a place that can win coinsistently. I stated earlier in the year, especially after playing Hampshire, that I was impressed with their coach's intensity, and the way he had the girl's team playing harder and up-tempo than any team I had ever seen in Hampshire, and I hope for their program he stays, I just don't expect it. None of the four will compete with the top 3 any time soon, but it is a shame that there is such turnover in the district each year.

Yes Richland is looking for a coach now. I am sure the same family that brought in the boys coach will now go out and get the girls coach they want, since their daughter will be playing next year. Problem is the talent pool isnt very deep. Good Luck.

It's called the Wallace effect. Everyone wants their kids to attain the attention level and two the Edwards boy wasn't that good either but, then again, just make sure you date/marry into the family.