EARLY Preseason Topic

JodyJoe

This was a MAJOR rebuilding year for Humboldt. After losing 7 great Seniors from last season, I'd say it was a great accomplishment for them to even get to the State Tournament, considering that they only had 2 returning starters. They will lose one vital starter after this year, meaning four of them will return for next season. Hopefully the experience the younger players gained from 2009-2010 will help them prepare better for at least the next 2 seasons. I think that Humboldt will once again make a trip to State.

My picks in Class A (in no particular order):

Clarksville Academy

CSAS

Humboldt

Union City - it would be nice to see them make a State trip again!

Lake County?... it not UC.

City University and/or Westwood

Temple

Grace

I don't know much about Classes AA and AAA :/.

Unless you know something I dont I would bet my paycheck that Tennessee Temple wont make it to murfreesboro next year. heck they didnt make it past the district this year

I'm just basing this off from what I heard from somebody else. It's second-hand information. I've heard some stuff about them, so I would at least suspect that they're decent... then again, maybe I'm wrong. I don't know all that much about the East-TN teams, considering that I live here in the West end part. How do the rest of my pre-season guesses look? Remember that teams could change a lot in one year!

Depending on how their seasons go, any one of these teams could be knocked out from the State Tourney because of all the various factors.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marshall Co. will win the AA state championship next year as long as Kedren stays injury free. That kid is amazing!

I wouldn't guarantee it. They bring him back along with breakout tourney star Jordan Anderson, who in my opinion was the best big man I saw at the AA tourney. However, I didn't see Wade from Maplewood. Kevin Petersen should only get better after all the experience he got this year as a freshman. It will be hard to replace the scoring which Perryman could provide, though. And last year it was all but a given that the Marshall Co. girls would be in Murfreesboro, so anything could happen. So a lot can happen on the road to Murfreesboro. Also, they were able to be the underdog there this year, next year that target seems like it will placed on their back.

With the job Coach Tigert has done rebuilding this program, he will have this team ready to go. I would be willing to argue that he is one of the best coaches in the area. Others will need to step up in order for the Tigers to win, but they bring back a good core in Johnson, Anderson, and Petersen. Other teams will be there, Liberty, Bolivar, or someone from West Tennessee will always be tough also.

Marshall Co. will win the AA state championship next year as long as Kedren stays injury free. That kid is amazing!

I wouldn't guarantee it. They bring him back along with breakout tourney star Jordan Anderson, who in my opinion was the best big man I saw at the AA tourney. However, I didn't see Wade from Maplewood. Kevin Petersen should only get better after all the experience he got this year as a freshman. It will be hard to replace the scoring which Perryman could provide, though. And last year it was all but a given that the Marshall Co. girls would be in Murfreesboro, so anything could happen. So a lot can happen on the road to Murfreesboro. Also, they were able to be the underdog there this year, next year that target seems like it will placed on their back.

With the job Coach Tigert has done rebuilding this program, he will have this team ready to go. I would be willing to argue that he is one of the best coaches in the area. Others will need to step up in order for the Tigers to win, but they bring back a good core in Johnson, Anderson, and Petersen. Other teams will be there, Liberty, Bolivar, or someone from West Tennessee will always be tough also.

The big kid from Maplewood is a beast. If he is back along with most of there core group I look for them to win AA next year. :thumb:

CSAS has everyone back but two seniors who averaged less than a minute of playing time per game this year. They should be one of the favorites to win it all next year. They just need to work on their outside game and continue to improve overall and they will be a tough team to play. Clarksville will be good again but I believe they are losing a couple of starters. Grace loses a lot. I think CSAS is the only team at the state who does not lose anything.

CSAS has everyone back but two seniors who averaged less than a minute of playing time per game this year. They should be one of the favorites to win it all next year. They just need to work on their outside game and continue to improve overall and they will be a tough team to play. Clarksville will be good again but I believe they are losing a couple of starters. Grace loses a lot. I think CSAS is the only team at the state who does not lose anything.

I look for CSAS to make a run hopefully a long with getting up a ton of shots hopefully they will get in the weight room as well. Maybe Coach Dragoo will put them on the cross country/weight lifting program he had us on when I was in high school

How is AAA looking outside of Memphis and Newbern? Any challengers.

What about some unheralded players? I think Jajuan Johnson of Southwind High will get plenty of playing time and shots next year with Nick Mason, Darrian Gray, and Montez Phifer gone.

If SOuthwind can utilize J3 more on the offensive end, they could be dangerous....

Livingston Academy improved as much as any team I've ever seen from the first of this year to the double overtime loss to Howard in the substate. After losing 5 seniors the year before including one of the best pg in Dunn and with the way that LA fininshed this year at 28-7, they look to be a force in AA next year. Mason Ramsey will be a beast as a soph at 6'5. He was one of the best freshmen I've ever seen play the game. He can play every position and can shoot it. His brother Logan Ramsey finished the year playing very well and is 6'8. He really came on in the region finals and the substate. He will be a junior I think. McCoin will be a great guard as a sophomore and Melton and Huitt can shoot from anywhere. I've also seen some great play from Reeder and Beaty. I look for great things from this team for several years.

I got to see Spring Hill play a lot this year between regular season games and tourneys, I think they should make a run at the Boro next year. They were a team full of sophomores and are always athletic. The series with Marshall Co. should result in a few more classics next year.