13AA Softball

redbirdfan

Sportslover, I think your name should be Westview DAD or MOM. You need to get realistic. I didn't say the girls weren't any good, I just said they aren't as good as some of these other teams. You can't be serious after what Crockett did earlier in the year against Westview to think that it won't be any different now. Your game with Crockett will be a 1 or 2 run game and I'm willing to bet Crockett will have the lead after 7. :?:

You heard it here first. You guys let me know if you need any other predictions.

Haha! I do not have any kids that could even play college ball much less high school. They are way over age for that. I am just a lifelong Westview softball follower who knows a lot about softball. The first time the two teams played Shaylon Robb gave up one hit (that was a homerun and walked the girl before her which is where the 2 runs came from) and had 13 strikeouts! The second time they played Shanna Chappell pitched and Westview had about 5 or 6 errors to allow ya'll to score. Today's game will definitely different. You will see :?:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sportslover, I think your name should be Westview DAD or MOM. You need to get realistic. I didn't say the girls weren't any good, I just said they aren't as good as some of these other teams. You can't be serious after what Crockett did earlier in the year against Westview to think that it won't be any different now. Your game with Crockett will be a 1 or 2 run game and I'm willing to bet Crockett will have the lead after 7. :thumb:

You heard it here first. You guys let me know if you need any other predictions.

Westview wins 3-1. Westview led the whole game, but I am willing to bet you have some excuse for why Crockett Co didn't win today? Westview was hitting the heck out of the ball and I'm willing to bet a couple of those hits would have went out of the park if it wasn't such a cold, windy day. Westview is at least #2 in the district if not #1. Crockett and others will fight out for 3-6 spots with others at the bottom.

Westview has been slow out of the box this year. The infield has changed with the absence of Sam Geisler (Union) and the freshman are learning the ropes in their new positions. Hitting has been slow to come around and when it does watch out because they have the batters to get it done. The pitching is solid in Senior Shanna Chappell and Junior Shaylon Robb. They will get it done when their time on the mound is up. Defense is nothing but lights out at 2nd with Jenna Hazelwood in that spot. The girls are playing different locations every game or 2 getting time on the field. Yea they lost one up there in South Fulton, gonna happen when we play with them and against them for years. Give the team credit they have had their ups and downs early but the feet are getting closer together and they are putting wins on the board. I never say who is going to be first or second just put them out there and let them play and we will see who comes out in front.

GO WESTVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!

We at Covington just play ball and let our game speak for itself. What you did last year means nothing its what you bring to the field each night. We have had a few bad games and lost to one of the states best pitchers. Pride Pride Charger pride

You are right. Every team has a bad game now and then. But you need to schedule some games with some tougher competition in order to be able to compete at state. Your tournament schedule was very weak. Wins against weak teams don't mean much.

We at Covington just play ball and let our game speak for itself. What you did last year means nothing its what you bring to the field each night. We have had a few bad games and lost to one of the states best pitchers. Pride Pride Charger pride

You are right. Every team has a bad game now and then. But you need to schedule some games with some tougher competition in order to be able to compete at state. Your tournament schedule was very weak. Wins against weak teams don't mean much.

Can not help that the district is rebuilding and the teams that use to be good are not.

Westview looked really good Saturday in the Maddie Memorial Tournament. They didn't do so good in pool play but came ready to play when the tournament started. They lost to Dyer Co Friday night in pool play and then beat Bolton. Then Saturday morning they lost to East Lawrence, Alabama. They finished 3rd in their pool. Then they beat Union City, South Fulton, Milan, and Dyer Co to win the whole tournament. Westview probably has two of the best pitchers in the district by far. Got Obion Co today, Dyersburg tomorrow, Milan on Thursday, and then Dyer Co on Friday. District tournaments are just around the corner!!

If you were at that game then you would know that the game between Westview and Obion Co last night was a very exciting one. Westview was killing the ball all game but it was just right to people. The game went 10 innings. If Westview played Obion Co ten times then they would win 8 if not 9 of the times. Everyone has that game where they can't find a gap and keep hitting it right to people. For example, Westview's little number 3 hitter drilled one to dead center that was caught on the fence. It would have gone over if the girl hadn't of been playing so deep. I still say Covington and Westview are the top teams in the district and are the favorites to return to state this year. Until some proves otherwise these are the favorites.