Riverdale position????

BigENS

The starting five when?

I'd say 2 years maybe 3. They are all freshman or 8th graders now. Siegel Middle also has the Stoeker kid that might be a beast if he'll work hard. Siegel is gonna be tough to beat for awhile! What does Oakland and Blackman have coming back or coming up do you know?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wright will have his hands full next year for sure. People said that was going to be the case this year but he still had Jamal. No "26 points a night" kids over there anymore. BHS is hard to tell cause all of the athletes are walking the halls. turnham ran them all off. The question will be can Wortman pull the athletes away from Shadowens and teh football field. The kids you named earlier should be starting at Siegel 2011-2012 season.

Siegel should be the team to beat for the next 4 or 5 years with the talent they're gonna have. Two sets of brothers will be starting for Dotson in 2 years if they develop like they should. Here are some names that we'll be hearing about: Ryan Jones, Charles Clark, Robert Brandon, Tae Martin, and Damien Clark. Like I said that should be the starting 5 but...

So where are these phenomenal players this year? I don't remember hearing about them playing at Siegel Middle...unless theyre not currently zoned to play at Siegel High.

Siegel should be the team to beat for the next 4 or 5 years with the talent they're gonna have. Two sets of brothers will be starting for Dotson in 2 years if they develop like they should. Here are some names that we'll be hearing about: Ryan Jones, Charles Clark, Robert Brandon, Tae Martin, and Damien Clark. Like I said that should be the starting 5 but...

So where are these phenomenal players this year? I don't remember hearing about them playing at Siegel Middle...unless theyre not currently zoned to play at Siegel High.

they all played at Central

Robert Brandon, Tae Martin, Damien Clark all played freshmen ball at Siegel this year. They went to Central Middle. There is another player Simpson who is about 6'5 that I thought was the best player on that freshmen team. It will be interesting to see what Dotson does with the players he gets from Central next year. All of my little brother's friends tell me all they do at practice at Central with Hooper is play gotcha and have open gym. That might work in middle school when you are loaded with talent but it wont work in high school in this district!! Dotson will have to coach those guys up.

Robert Brandon, Tae Martin, Damien Clark all played freshmen ball at Siegel this year. They went to Central Middle. There is another player Simpson who is about 6'5 that I thought was the best player on that freshmen team. It will be interesting to see what Dotson does with the players he gets from Central next year. All of my little brother's friends tell me all they do at practice at Central with Hooper is play gotcha and have open gym. That might work in middle school when you are loaded with talent but it wont work in high school in this district!! Dotson will have to coach those guys up.

Maybe not such a bad idea...they probably all come to high school still loving basketball. One of the problems with Siegel High Basketball is Siegel Middle basketball, boys and girls. I wonder how many stop playing or lose their passion for the sport after that experience.

How is that not a bad idea? Thats the problem with so many players now. They are never taught the right way to play basketball until they get to high school. So basicly you waste a year or 2 of the players career fixing all of the bad habits they picked up in middle school. Ask any high school coach how frustrating freshmen are because they have never been taught anything. That is why I think Wright will love Decker being at Oakland Middle.

How is that not a bad idea? Thats the problem with so many players now. They are never taught the right way to play basketball until they get to high school. So basicly you waste a year or 2 of the players career fixing all of the bad habits they picked up in middle school. Ask any high school coach how frustrating freshmen are because they have never been taught anything. That is why I think Wright will love Decker being at Oakland Middle.

I don't disagree with you. The fundamentals of the sport should be taught at the middle school level. I was referring more to the manner in which they are coached at the middle school that discourages some players. They love basketball and they love AAU but the middle school experience is lacking. Oakland is lucky, they will get a quality coach at the middle school level.

I don't disagree with you. The fundamentals of the sport should be taught at the middle school level. I was referring more to the manner in which they are coached at the middle school that discourages some players. They love basketball and they love AAU but the middle school experience is lacking. Oakland is lucky, they will get a quality coach at the middle school level.

so i get the sense the decker is a really good coach.....

Nah, my son played for both Couey and Hooper and I can assure you "gotcha" was not part of his practice! LOL! Hooper ran practice 6 days a week and had all of his players have a behavior sheet signed everyday! Even my son who made straight A's had to have that! I don't think you win the county tourny and finish runner-up in the state without having a good coach. He's the real deal. He keeps his guys very discplined and works hard. I might be a little biased but Hooper is a good coach make no mistake! Decker will be loaded next year and should have a very good season. He's the real deal too though! Both were good hires and I look forward to seeing our middle school league develop into strong feeders into ALL of the high schools!

Interesting. My little brother has friends who are still at Central and they say they don't do anything in practice. Keep in mind that what it takes to win in middle school and what it takes to win in high school is completely different. I just think having a coach in middle school that has had tremendous success in high school is beneficial for both the players and their future coaches. Hopefully Decker won't just teach what it takes to win in middle school but will also teach what it takes to win at the high school level. That's why I feel this is such a huge hire for the Oakland program. Nothing against any other middle school coaches, but I know where I would have my son going if I had a choice!