District 7 AAA

BHSVB

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you had the choice between a regulation soccer pitch with the correct field size and proper grass or a football field that is in despirate need of resting, which would you choose?

I don't think any of the players minded. That's who counts. The game goes on whether we're there or not.

I still just don't understand how LaVergne is the District tournament "host" team, is the highest seeded team playing in our region games, and has to go to Murfreesboro to play their games, as Home team... what happened to "Home Field Advantage" for the hosts and higher seeds?

If this is for region finals, it goes with the district number they are in.

For example. We are Region 2 district 4 at CAK. The district number (4) is an even number (obviously). Since it is 2010 (10 being the even number) then we would host the region finals if we won out. Last year, Alcoa was in district 3. Since it was 2009 last year, the odd district hosts regions in an odd year, so we traveled to Alcoa.

I want to first congratulate LaVergne on a very hard fought, well played match last night against Columbia. Both teams gave it their all! I only wish I could have equally glowing comments for the three officials of this game. Not to take anything away from LaVergne but its a crying shame that the TSSAA can not find ref's that know and understand the rules of soccer for a semi- final matchup in the regional. If these games were subject to review as in an NFL, MLB, etc I feel these three guys would be serving out a nice suspension from the game for awhile. This game truly was not decided by the players on the field but the ref's! Both teams played way too hard for that to be the ultimate outcome.

why are the newapapers giving the winning goal to alex pope when it was a own goal

riverdale has a good team but they get bottled up on one side of the field for too much short passing 30 times in a row

if they would switch the point of attack riverdale would had alot more chances

why are the newapapers giving the winning goal to alex pope when it was a own goal

riverdale has a good team but they get bottled up on one side of the field for too much short passing 30 times in a row

if they would switch the point of attack riverdale would had alot more chances

The goal was credited to Alex Pope because from the cross, he flicked it and then it was deflected but he was the one with the shot. Whether you don't want to consider it his goal or not doesn't really matter, I'm just giving the reason. Riverdale would also have a lot more chances if the side judge wouldn't call offsides on 3 goals and offsides on 4 other occasions just because he got nervous in a big game.

The goal was credited to Alex Pope because from the cross, he flicked it and then it was deflected but he was the one with the shot. Whether you don't want to consider it his goal or not doesn't really matter, I'm just giving the reason.

if you say so

i was behind the goal and it looked like he was trying to head it out and he just headed it into the net

but if the riverdale people/media wants to prop this kid up thats fine but to me it was a own goal

I will share my observations, as i saw this play develop...

1. It was a RHS corner kick by #12 (from GK's right corner).

2. FCHS left near-post unguarded.

3. Kick was low and hard, with top spin.

4. RHS #10 was charging and attempted to redirect ball with header.

5. FCHS defender (believe #7) was trailing RHS #10.

6. #7 lifted his knee and foot and I believe was surprised ball missed #10.

7. Ball deflected off #7 leg into net by near-post.

8. GK had no chance to stop.

9. The ball could have been barely touched by #10. Or maybe he thought he hit it.

Those were my simple observations from nearby. However, none of that matters. What I consider important is the following...

1. Riverdale is a very young, talented, unselfish group of boys that played hard and played well last night. Believe me, those kids could care less who gets "credit" for a goal. Their biggest (if not only) concern is wins and losses. That is from the top down. The coach is only focused on "team".

2. Franklin County deserves tons of credit for: 1) a beautiful soccer complex, 2) an enormous and vocal crowd that was the best I have seen in several years (for high school), and 3) the unbelievable effort put forth by their team. Those kids hustled on every play the entire game! It was unfortunate how the final goal was scored. However, it was not surprising seeing the significant number of close calls, near-miss opportunities, and the two goals that were called back. The FCHS defense and goalkeeper should be commended.

I will share my observations, as i saw this play develop...

1. It was a RHS corner kick by #12 (from GK's right corner).

2. FCHS left near-post unguarded.

3. Kick was low and hard, with top spin.

4. RHS #10 was charging and attempted to redirect ball with header.

5. FCHS defender (believe #7) was trailing RHS #10.

6. #7 lifted his knee and foot and I believe was surprised ball missed #10.

7. Ball deflected off #7 leg into net by near-post.

8. GK had no chance to stop.

9. The ball could have been barely touched by #10. Or maybe he thought he hit it.

Those were my simple observations from nearby. However, none of that matters. What I consider important is the following...

1. Riverdale is a very young, talented, unselfish group of boys that played hard and played well last night. Believe me, those kids could care less who gets "credit" for a goal. Their biggest (if not only) concern is wins and losses. That is from the top down. The coach is only focused on "team".

2. Franklin County deserves tons of credit for: 1) a beautiful soccer complex, 2) an enormous and vocal crowd that was the best I have seen in several years (for high school), and 3) the unbelievable effort put forth by their team. Those kids hustled on every play the entire game! It was unfortunate how the final goal was scored. However, it was not surprising seeing the significant number of close calls, near-miss opportunities, and the two goals that were called back. The FCHS defense and goalkeeper should be commended.

I agree completely. I was just providing an explanation to the guy who seems upset for really no reason at all. And nobody is trying to prop Alex up because nobody really cares. Alex couldn't care less if he has credit or not. As a team, Riverdale is very strong. Yes they are good, but I'm talking about Team as in cohesiveness and and wanting to play hard for each other just as this post says. It was a fantastic game and I expect just as much from the game tomorrow night between LaVergne and Riverdale. Regions will definitely end with a bang!

;)

Thank you.

This was a fun game to watch and be involved.

The support from the student body, parents and community for this game was amazing.

:);)

You ( :thumb: )are weighing in on this?

Please note that one of his (MJUHB's) 8AAA teams (Columbia) went to state last year (beating Siegel and Riverdale along the way), that's one more than our 7AAA teams did. Both Columbia and Franklin County gave very respectable efforts on Tuesday night.

You last asked me if my opinion of Blackman changed after the Clarksville game. Has your opinion of Blackman changed following their next (and last) four games? Again, it goes back to strength of schedule. Teams that play tougher schedules are better prepared come playoff time (Siegel, Lavergne, Riverdale).