Bearden vs. Knox west

popo23

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF West's top players can maintain their composure, I like West's chances in this game. Say, 2-1.

IF West's top players do not maintain their composure, I don't like West's chances, and I will go with

Bearden 3-1.

Yeah, that seems about right. I hope for the former myself for the West boys - they have had a great start to their season. Of the two great teams that West plays in the annual "battles for West Knoxville", both Bearden and Farragut each have their own styles of play, but the key difference in the two games is that West can get inside the Farragut players' heads and take them off of their game. Bearden on the other hand is unmoved by West. They will live or die by their game, come what may. They are not intimidated by West in the least. Still, of the two big games for West, I feel better about the West boys' chances of pulling off the upset against the Bulldogs at home this year.

Think the discussion of composure for the west players is dead on. They are ultra talented, but adversity seems to pull them apart and they are not as strong in those moments. I think the game being at Bearden helps them with the wider field on Tanners throws, although he still get them deep in the box, just not from midfield like on football fields. I know West was probably one of the most talented attacking teams we have seen this year, but Bearden counters with a very organized backline. Think this one will be a great match up and expect to 2 -1 win in favor of..............

Coachdadnomo, I haven't seen a Farragut/West matchup in awhile, but was surprised you mentioned that West gets into Farragut player's heads. I know from seeing farragut quite a bit over the years that they seem like one of the most composed teams that comes to mind. Do you have a specific match or instance to reference? I know Coach Culbreth has very disciplined teams and also enough talent to remove a player to calm him down without losing too much on the field. I'm not saying you are wrong in your assessment, I just had never seen it and was a bit surprised.

Wow wish I could see this one...Bearden"s back line against West's Front...Seth Williams and Jack McCoy played on the same club team so they know each other well...I think the key is Michael Williams getting to push up for West from his center back...He could trigger some goal opportunities if he shows up... West 1-0 off a header from Williams off a Tanner throw in...

This is always a highly anticipated matchup and this year is no different. This will be a great game, I have seen West already in preseason and they are gonna be tough to handle. I haven't seen Bearden but I know they're strong again. That being said I give West the 3-1 win. Bearden surrenders a late goal because of the late game push to tie. Otherwise a defensive physical game. And from what I've heard these two teams along with Maryville are all playing for second in the district this year. Excited to see how this comes out however.

Good match-up; I see Bearden winning 3-0 or 3-1. West is extremely talented, specifically Thompson and McCoy. The two, however, (I noticed in previous showdowns between the two schools, anybody else?) have a superiority complex over their other teammates, which is evident when they complain about a certain teammate on their own team being "terrible" and asking their coach to take this player off the field (I noticed this at last year's regular season matchup). This superiority complex can change the way a player plays with his "inferior" teammates (such as avoiding passing with the player), which can change the outcome of the game. Bearden on the other hand, I feel, is disciplined well enough to avoid these types of inner-team resentment, thus performing like a united team. Bearden is solid at defense, while West relies way to heavily on throw ins. The Dogs also have a fierce midfield, lead by Harmony, and some hungry forwards, such as Burke. Again, West is a great team, I believe just not enough to overcome the Bulldogs. Good luck to both teams!

Akula21, I guess what I am observing when I watch Farragut play West is just a small, subtle difference, and at least on one occasion, (yes, I know there were also other extenuating circumstances, but), they were able to capitalize. It seems to me that Farragut is more afraid to loose to West than they are to not win, if you can follow my drift. (We've seen it all too often with a certain team clad in orange whenever they have to play a certain team from south of the Georgia-Florida border.) That little bit of nervousness betrays Farragut's confidence, and the West boys are a scrappy lot. If one way isn't working for them, they just try to figure out some other way, and Farragut doesn't quite know how to deal with the situation.

Not throwing down or anything, but that is just how this one fan in the stands observes things to be. Farragut usually can prevail. But if a team can rattle another team even a little bit, that gives an opportunity for lightning to strike. If people don't believe that, I would humbly submit France-Brasil as a prime example. Sure hoping to see that happen with the West boys and Farragut myself!

Now, on to Bearden tomorrow night! That should be a barn-burner, win, loose, or draw.

CoachDadnomo,

thanks for clearing that up, again, i wasn't trying to attack you in anyway, just wanted to know how you made that observation. I know exactly what you are talking about, and don't think it needs to be brought back up. I would be shocked if this Admiral team could fall prey to anyone getting in their head. But I guess you never know. Think we will find a great match tomorrow night and if you are in attendance please say Hi. I'll have my Alcoa gear on, so pretty easy to find. You might even get a chance to meet the Legend himself, BigG :bored: Good luck to both teams tomorrow night. Hope its a great one!!!!!