Chattanooga Teams

BucBaseball

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the East Hamilton Hurricanes are gonna give the teams in AA a run for their money. They are now 8-2 in 6AA, having only lost 2 games so far, both to Central and have been getting better and better. Just won 2 against Hixson back to back with no problems. Next challenge will be Red Bank on 4/26-27/10 and I think the will give RB a good game. Garland seems to have finally got the Canes playing well together and they look solid. Guess they may have a lock on the third place seed at this time and could do better before playoff times

Class AA teams from Districts 5, 6, 7, all area districts, and 8 will fight for two state berths. It won't be easy but I can certainly see one if not two area teams making it.

You'd have to have District 8 teams sweep District 7 in the region then those teams beat District 5/6 in the sectional, home and away, to keep an area team out in AA.

Looks like the East Hamilton Hurricanes are gonna give the teams in AA a run for their money. They are now 8-2 in 6AA, having only lost 2 games so far, both to Central and have been getting better and better. Just won 2 against Hixson back to back with no problems. Next challenge will be Red Bank on 4/26-27/10 and I think the will give RB a good game. Garland seems to have finally got the Canes playing well together and they look solid. Guess they may have a lock on the third place seed at this time and could do better before playoff times

The Canes have one of the most dangerous batting line-ups in Region 3 AA. I would say that 8 of their 9 are as good as there is around these parts. I would hate to face this line up as a pitcher. I think this group of talented young men will do well come tournament time. They may not get beyond the Region but they have a lot to brag about for a first year program with no seniors. Garland will really have a strong team in a couple of years because of all the experience he has given to this years freshman class... including two freshman starters on varsity. These guys just keep getting better.

Class AA teams from Districts 5, 6, 7, all area districts, and 8 will fight for two state berths. It won't be easy but I can certainly see one if not two area teams making it.

You'd have to have District 8 teams sweep District 7 in the region then those teams beat District 5/6 in the sectional, home and away, to keep an area team out in AA.

I stand by my prediction.

And EHgreen, you need to get outside of Chattanooga. Our AA teams pale in comparion to AA teams in other parts of the state.

Baseball in Chattanooga is down this year.

And EHgreen, you need to get outside of Chattanooga. Our AA teams pale in comparion to AA teams in other parts of the state.

Glock, what do you think is the reason for this? Pitching, coaching? Have you seen any really good pitchers in A, AA, AAA in chattanooga....in your opinion?

rookie,

Yes, I do believe it is pitching and defense. Look at the line scores in the TFP at how many errors there are per game. It's shocking.

I have seen a few very good pitchers. Baugh from Ooltewah, McWilliams from Soddy Daisy, Brand from Bradley Central and the Rose kid from Grace are all quality pitchers.

The coaching, for the most part is fine. Hitchcock (Ooltewah), Hensley (Soddy Daisy), Bumper (Red Bank), Dinger (Lookout Valley), Garland (East Hamilton) are all very, very good coaches. But you can only coach what you have.

What teams from Chattanooga making a run for the state tournament? In A i see Boyd Buchanan or Lookout Valley and Ooltewah or Soddy Daisy to make a run in AAA

Boyd has a big advantage since they moved down from AA and especially during a time that they have so many strong senior players. I would imagine that those seniors could not be as satisfied with a divisional win this year. I guess a win is a win, though! With so much LUCK on their side they may end up in the state tournament.

So you think District 8-AA teams will sweep Districts 5-7: Red Bank, Polk, McMinn Central, Sequatchie, Grundy, whoever makes it from those groups?