Coaches just dont understand....either !!!!!!

GottaHaveHeart

The problem in this case is the ones he is playing are the same ones he needs to discipline, for backtalking, vulgar and foul language during practice and games,unsportsmanlike conduct toward the opposing players,refrees,and fans.Thanks for your concern,but after two years of putting up with this my child could see the writing on the wall,it tore me and my huband up very bad,seeing how much our child enjoyed playing basketball and effort that had beenput in over the years.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a whole different story then. That is the one situation where the best players should not be the ones playing if these girls are in fact good. Players who have this type of attitude should be on the bench regardless of their ability. I would rather lose with respectful kids, than win with a bunch of thugs. Have you considered changing schools?

Posted by GottaHaveHeart:

Been a while since I read up on recent posts. I must say, interesting. I went back and read complete thread from start to finish and it amazed me that I counted only 4 people, 2 coaches and 2 parents, who really expressed any concern about the kids feelings and respect for the kids. It's a split decision.

Everyone is so caught up in winning, and don't get me wrong, I doubt if there are very many out there that wants to win and is as competitive as I am. But just seems we are a little too caught up in winning, with little remorse about who we hurt to get the ultimate prize, BORO and the #1 trophy.

Yea, Coaches are paid and expected to win, and some kids get caught on the outside looking in when it comes to playing, but I just think, in my humble opinion, that all the goals, winning and trophy, can be achieved, with alot less sacrifice of kids feelings. Kids wanna play, and there is an opportunity to get everyone SOME playing time. Thats all most kids want, who don't start, just some PT. Not every game, but some PT in some game. That will ease some tension between Coaches, parents and players. If EVERYONE is close to being on the same page and program excited, working together, everything runs smoother and all the other things, winning and possible trophy, will take care of itself.

ut46....Not sure, as a parent, I agree with the "Senior" sacrifice you are talking about, even though I know it happens. Kinda sounds like use me for 3 years, then TYVM....see ya....Kinda makes it hard on a average Senior, who may not be in your top 6 - 7, but has given it their all for 3 years.

Mchsballer....Im surprised you agreed with ut46, cause reading your earlier posts and ut46 first paragraph, you would sit 3 years then you would be gone.

Season IS getting closer !!!!!!!!! :D:D:o

I would sit 4 years and leave,Im just glad to be a part of that team.even if i got about 30 min playin time for a 4 year total,im just happy to be there.I love the game,my teammates and my coach,and wouldnt give it up for nothin,im not that good,but i think im a motivator and cheer my butt off over there,thats my role on the bench.I know my role on that team,and im gonna stick to it.I just love the game,and if playin time comes with it,GREAT! :D

It's not jr pro anymore it's high school basketball every kid has a chanse to start if they hard and have a good attitude if there still not playing there not good enough sorry to say it it's not the coaches job for you to get pt it's your job to work hard and change your attitude it's not about you it's about the team and if you don't have the skills to play then the coach isn't ging to enbarass you if your not getting the pt you want quit or don't come out next year

Posted by jmooney1:

I am 13 yrs old. One year I did not get to play as much as I desired. So, in the summer I went outside and worked on my game. The next year I was a starter. With all due respect if you want your children to play take them somewhere and work with them ;) .

well said!unfortunatly some parents dont have the time or the skill to work with them.Talk to the coach after practice and see if theyll work with you,if not,teammates are always available.If that doesmt work,do the best you can on your own.You have to work on your weaknesses and improve on your strenghts,and first you have to know what they are.Most coaches and teammates would be more than happy to help you with your game,but if you have a parent that can help,great!

On another note-if a player,who is more skilled than you is playing over you,and they have an aweful attitude and theyre dirty mouthed and unsportsmanlike,that is the coaches problem and its a huge mistake.If a coach wants to win that badly,then the one with the better attitude needs to discuss the problem with the coach,and if they decide not to listen,then they should quit.Its a shame that kids with so much heart,passion and desire for the game have to quit because of some unqualified and uneduacated coaches out there who have nothing positive or uplifting to say to their players.Fortuanatly,that is not a problem for our program.

I'm speechless.....which is very rare for me, as many will attest to......I guess "TEAM" or "TEAM_MATES" has no meaning to you. All I can say is.......(speechless!!)

I love all my teammates, they are like my family...but when it comes down to the actual game, I have no problem staying in for the whole game...no matter if we are winning or losing. I work day after day to ensure that I am ready for the game...just because my team mate dont get to start doesnt mean i should have to sit out for a few minutes so they can say "I got to play"- when they didnt earn it like I have. SO you can be all "speechless".......But I stick to what I said before. Basketball is my life and I'm not gonna let some one else play when they dont desevre it.

Posted by 20eagle:

Coach's know what they are doing, thats why they are called the Coach. Just because some players are on the team and dont get to play we shouldnt lower our standards and feel pity for them..if they wanted to play they would work harder. Yeah if you cant tell I am a starter, one of those 5 and I have work my a s s off to get here....why should i have to sit the bench and let someone else play just so they can say they played. Thats why we have JV games or Freshman games....if they dont play in those they eith er need to get over it and be happy they are on the team, work harder or if they think the coach "doesnt like them"....they can go to a different school or give it up completely. I feel nothing for those who ride the bench......they need to work harder or quit complaining.

Ok,I understand-to a certain point.Why dont you try putting yourself in a benchers shoes?Most people that ride the bench do work their tales off(myself included),just as much as the starters.maybe you should(being all high and mighty starter)try to help your teammates on their weaknesses if you love them like family,instead of thearing them down.they want to be out there just as bad as you,think about that.put yourself in their position.

Posted by 20eagle:

I'm speechless.....which is very rare for me, as many will attest to......I guess "TEAM" or "TEAM_MATES" has no meaning to you. All I can say is.......(speechless!!)

I love all my teammates, they are like my family...but when it comes down to the actual game, I have no problem staying in for the whole game...no matter if we are winning or losing. I work day after day to ensure that I am ready for the game...just because my team mate dont get to start doesnt mean i should have to sit out for a few minutes so they can say "I got to play"- when they didnt earn it like I have. SO you can be all "speechless".......But I stick to what I said before. Basketball is my life and I'm not gonna let some one else play when they dont desevre it.

By the way,you would be one of those classless players w/the bad attiude i was talking about in one of my previous post.its obvous everyone there earned some pt,or they wouldnt be there.I feel bad for your teammates. :(

Posted by 20eagle:

And just WHO decides whether they DO or DO NOT deserve PT!

Posted by peacemaker:
Posted by 20eagle:

And just WHO decides whether they DO or DO NOT deserve PT!

ABSOLUTELY!the kid talks about how much the coach knows,the coach obviously doesnt have enough sense to bench someone with such a big attitude problem.