NW vs Farragut

soccerdude45

Nice. Welp, at this point I smell an undefeated season and another state title. This team is quite possibly the best ever in TN history. Yeah I said it.

Obviously anything can happen, but if anyone on Farragut's regular season schedule beats them, it would be a big upset. Let's call a spade a spade. Good luck to the Admirals for the remainder of their season. (As a fan of greatness in sports, I for one would like to see them accomplish an undefeated season).

This year's Farragut team best in TN history? They definitely are in the top tier, but I wouldn't say they are the best until they complete an undefeated (no ties either) season with a state championship.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"No one seems to like that only Farragut and Wando agreed on this."

(Wando was going to have to play the same team that they beat 4-1... again!)

It was a decision made from all 4 coaches to do it this way! (at the field at 9 pm on friday night) If it wouldnt have been done, then you could have 2 teams go undefeated in the tournament (possibly).

Now we get the 1 and 2 seed (who are both undefeated) getting to play for the title.

ihavenofriends, not sure what your inside contact with Farragut is but I would love to know where you get your "information".

Either way, Farragut has a great test against Wando. We can all talk about this after we see the results when the WHOLE tournament is over. :angry:

Now, this is not knowing all of the details of the situation

If all of the coaches agreed to it, then that's fair. DVD1, is Farragut playing Wando today because they wanted to play them in the semi's instead of meeting them in the finals? It makes sense if this is the case. As you said, if Wando beat the other team 4-1 and is undefeated, then how would they meet in the semis? I would imagine that because of Farragut needed get back early, they tried to arrange the top teams to play early.

Clarification on tournament championship determination:

If Wando loses to Farragut, but defeats the winner of the second semifinal in tonights closing match, Wando defers the championship to Farragut.

If Wando loses to Farragut, then loses to the winner of the BE/Fort Mill match, the winner and champion of the tournament is either Bishop England or Fort Mill.

All four coaches from the four semifinal participants were a part of the process. The decision to defer the championship to Farragut in the event that they defeated Wando and then won the championship match was between Wallie Culberth, head coach of Farragut, and Shilo Tisdale, head coach of Wando.

Now, this is not knowing all of the details of the situation

If all of the coaches agreed to it, then that's fair. DVD1, is Farragut playing Wando today because they wanted to play them in the semi's instead of meeting them in the finals? It makes sense if this is the case. As you said, if Wando beat the other team 4-1 and is undefeated, then how would they meet in the semis? I would imagine that because of Farragut needed get back early, they tried to arrange the top teams to play early.

The way I heard it was as follows: If Farragut beats Wando, Wando will still advance in place of Farrragut. IF Wando wins the final match, THEN Farragut will be crowned champion.