1st Annual Kentucky/Tennessee Future Stars Football Classic

CoachT

Hey Rockytop...you didnt answer one of his questions...what is in it for the promoters? What are you getting out of this and the other coaches that were there helping and who is going to be coaching the team? Is that too many questions or does that cost extra?

Whats in it for the promoters is alot of hard work but all worth it considering the kids will have a memorable experience. This isn't something that can be put together in 30 minutes. It takes hours and hours and hours of planning. We had to research every middle school head football coach across the state and find his contact info; that took weeks. Had to line up coaches to work the drills, had to secure facilities to have Combine, had to secure facilities for the team to have somewhere to stay and practice and many many more details go into this. Head Coach for 8th Grade is Jay Malone of Maryville Middle School. Head Coach for 7th Grade is Todd Kelly former Vol - there assistants are Middle School coaches from throughout the state. If I were computer savvy which I'm not (too old) I would post the rosters on here. Kids from all over the state will represent both Tennessee teams.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am all about the kids and that is great that they get to do something like this...but things can get twisted when high school coaches start being arouund 8th grade kids that are really good football players!!!

I understand but the coaches that were involved were "asked" to be involved not the other way around. They were "asked" b/c they will do a good job giving the kids a good workout and show them how to play their position. The game will be in Tennessee next year hopefully you and alot others will come out and support your Tennessee Future Stars.

Shake it off Rocky Top. I for one thank you guys for giving the "little" guys an opportunity to shine. I have been taking my high school player to combines for quite some time and my 7th grader has attended every one. I am quite sure it seemed that we are are always focused on the high school player. This combine gave him an opportunity to compete and stack up against others his age. He was so pumped!

Considering how busy and fast moving the camp was, I doubt any coach had more time to say anything but "good job". Further, I appreciate you guys covering the majority of the expenses. I am amazed you will be able to do what you have indicated with the $7,500 in question.

Bottomline is these guys can file all they want. The complaint will go in the overflowing frivolous complaint folder at T$$AA. I find this self rightous approach quite amusing considering the investigations some of our local schools have experienced over the last few years. A high school coach talking to an 8th grader pales in comparison.

Press on and see you next year with my 8th grader.

I will add one more question. How many businesses sponsered the event? Most businesses will buy the T-shirts, toss money in to be able to sell equipment to participants, or even pay for the charter bus. I guess that really puts me over the top for asking questions, so I will quit on that one.

Shake it off Rocky Top. I for one thank you guys for giving the "little" guys an opportunity to shine. I have been taking my high school player to combines for quite some time and my 7th grader has attended every one. I am quite sure it seemed that we are are always focused on the high school player. This combine gave him an opportunity to compete and stack up against others his age. He was so pumped!

Considering how busy and fast moving the camp was, I doubt any coach had more time to say anything but "good job". Further, I appreciate you guys covering the majority of the expenses. I am amazed you will be able to do what you have indicated with the $7,500 in question.

Bottomline is these guys can file all they want. The complaint will go in the overflowing frivolous complaint folder at T$$AA. I find this self rightous approach quite amusing considering the investigations some of our local schools have experienced over the last few years. A high school coach talking to an 8th grader pales in comparison.

Press on and see you next year with my 8th grader.

Self Righteous...ask Grace Baptist of Knoxville. Yes, I am salty about it. Ask my basketball coach, and more importantly talk to our former players from the 08-09 season (Sub-state game). 2 violations. Personally, they need to put all the privates in one division and the publics in another. Let Grace play in a district with CAK, Webb, Knox Catholic. We would have loved to have some of the athletes Boyd-Buchannan had. They were a great ball team! Yes, they were beaten by public school for the championship, I admit that.

Scots50...we will see where it gets filed and see what happens with TSSAA...they have the info and they were not aware of the event nor notified...that is unjust practice on the event coordinator and we will see what happens when all is said and done...nothing may happen except a few reprimands and and article or 2 in the KNS paper about what is going on in MIDDLE SCHOOL football which leads to high school football...I know of 2 MIDDLE SCHOOL teams that did not play in the sanctioned middle school football league last year in Knoxville...wonder why? I know the answer because the sanctions were that you could only play with kids from your zone...if they did that they would not have a team...go figure...so you tell me how nothing went on at that combine or is going on behind the scenes...I am sure they have contact information for all the Kids...you tell me?

I must have hit a nerve asking pretty simple questions. I find it hard to believe that 300+kids, plus parents, and coaches didn't ask anything.

You didn't hit a nerve when I replied I thought it was "Catcall" who asked the question about money - he had seemed to question everything we were doing, maybe "Catcall" will get off his cat-tail and do something good for kids and the community one day and we can critique what he does. Feel free to ask anything we have nothing to hide. And to answer your other question we didn't have one dollar in sponsorship dollars. We even had to pay for the T-Shirts. We wish we could get a sponsor on-board; if you know a business interested let 'em know, you will be kids a great service. Just wait til after the "Camp" week and the game is played in June there will be 88 young athletes that will have an experience they'll never forget. We have some incredible things lined up for them.

Scots50...we will see where it gets filed and see what happens with TSSAA...they have the info and they were not aware of the event nor notified...that is unjust practice on the event coordinator and we will see what happens when all is said and done...nothing may happen except a few reprimands and and article or 2 in the KNS paper about what is going on in MIDDLE SCHOOL football which leads to high school football...I know of 2 MIDDLE SCHOOL teams that did not play in the sanctioned middle school football league last year in Knoxville...wonder why? I know the answer because the sanctions were that you could only play with kids from your zone...if they did that they would not have a team...go figure...so you tell me how nothing went on at that combine or is going on behind the scenes...I am sure they have contact information for all the Kids...you tell me?

They weren't notified??? I'm glad you know everything, maybe I need to call u before I play powerball next time and you can tell me the winning #'s. I can tell you not only were they notified by K.P.S. but they were notified by a high profile programs coach just to make sure there is NO risk of eligibility. So let's try an speak facts, not assumptions. We did the right thing by notifying TSSAA but I didn't know there was a by-law that read you had to call them before having a "Camp" technically what we had was a one day mini-camp. When your high school has its summer youth camp I'm calling TSSAA and turning you in lol! I'm totally kidding I would never stoop to that level.

K.P.S. is out of Louisville, KY - if we see a high profile Tennessee athlete move to Louisville in the near future then we may need to worry but until that I think we need to let the recruiting deal die down.

"Catcall" next time instead of bashing us how about join us and help make football better in our state. Football at the youth & middle school level is more competitive now than ever before, that only makes it better in high school. We hosted to our knowledge the first ever Middle School Combine in our state, we have received tons of positive emails about the experience the kids have. It was the buzz all week in school according to the Middle School coaches across the state.

If there were more guys like "us" (who try an do good things for kids) and less guys like "u" (who want to bash anything positive) football would be 100X better in our state. So lets work together and not against one another. You will be the 1st person who knows about next years tryout so you can come police the "Recruiting" part of the event. I'm going to Kentucky's Tryout next weekend in Louisville, hopefully I can talk 2-3 kids into moving to Tennessee to play high school ball. Please note for the record I'm truly kidding about asking kids to move to Tennessee - I wouldn't want you to turn me in lol! Considering I don't coach in any TSSAA program I'd have no worries anyway. But I am going to their Tryout.

Talking about the Knox Co Middle School league where kids were to play "where" they are zoned, that was a HUGE joke hardly any team followed that rule (there were 2-3 teams that did but thats it and guess what your Central 8th Grade team was a team that did NOT, they had players in NONE Central zone; I know of at least two players for a fact live outside there zone but played for them but no one was blowing the whistle on you guys). Your calling someone out and your own program is not following the rule; thats very comical. There are some many "daddies" coaching in Knox Co that "playing where your zoned" will never fly. Besides some programs have several programs inside their own community that makes it tough to pull alot of your own zoned kids. Did you ever think that some programs may have chose to play in "Independant" League b/c it had the better competition. Powell was the only good team in the "High School" league, Central was "okay" and they were the second best team. The "Independent" league had more better teams with Catholic, Carter, Fulton, etc.

FYI, so you know there was a kid that made the team from Gresham Middle School, ask him if anyone "recruited" him. He's in your backyard...

Rockytop...are you really using your passive aggressive approach about recruiting and saying LOL after every sentence about recruiting and you have no idea what I do for kids in my community nor should you know...I dont do those things to boast about them and say I did this for these kids and I did that for those kids...I do it because that is who I am and not what I am!

I know you are not that stupid to think I am talking about recruiting between states...I am talking about the local coaches talking to local players...your favorite(LOL)...grow up!

By the way I would like to know how many of Centrals players were out of zone this year and who they are? Since you know everything...and why dont you tell me? I do know 1 of the teams that had some players from all over...do you know who those guys are...and the kid you speak of that made that from Gresham I do know who he is and I do know where he is going to school...no brainer...the same place his Father went to school...you dont want to get into that!

By the way with you knowing so much about what happens at TSSAA...tell me why BC had no idea of the event and maybe he would a little bit about what goes on at TSSAA...and let me know when you find something out cause I know who you are and I know what you do...you better watch you butt!!!