1st Annual Kentucky/Tennessee Future Stars Football Classic

CoachT

Rockytop...are you really using your passive aggressive approach about recruiting and saying LOL after every sentence about recruiting and you have no idea what I do for kids in my community nor should you know...I dont do those things to boast about them and say I did this for these kids and I did that for those kids...I do it because that is who I am and not what I am!

I know you are not that stupid to think I am talking about recruiting between states...I am talking about the local coaches talking to local players...your favorite(LOL)...grow up!

By the way I would like to know how many of Centrals players were out of zone this year and who they are? Since you know everything...and why dont you tell me? I do know 1 of the teams that had some players from all over...do you know who those guys are...and the kid you speak of that made that from Gresham I do know who he is and I do know where he is going to school...no brainer...the same place his Father went to school...you dont want to get into that!

By the way with you knowing so much about what happens at TSSAA...tell me why BC had no idea of the event and maybe he would a little bit about what goes on at TSSAA...and let me know when you find something out cause I know who you are and I know what you do...you better watch you butt!!!

I never said anything about knowing what goes on at TSSAA - BC was the one the high profile progam coach contacted... I know that for a fact; your saying he wasn't contacted I know he was. I haven't spoke one assumption during this whole talk, I've only spoke facts.

As far as the kid from Gresham, I don't have a clue who he is or his father is, so I don't know where he is going to high school, nor do I care - I don't mean that in a negative way, I wish him success no matter where he goes. I can say that Terry Fair ex Vol was high on his performance at the Combine. That's about all I can tell you about the kid - I don't even know where he played ball at last season and if he even played. I assume he played for Central since he attended Gresham...

I think you took my post out of content, my whole point was stop attacking what we are trying to do and help us out if anything; everything don't have to be negative. Just like the guy said in above post about the Combine being so fast paced that coaches probably didn't have time to talk to kids.

I surely don't boast about what all I do for kids or I could go on for hours and hours and days and days; its not about me its about doing great things for the kids; I don't need a pat on the back and a "att-a-boy" I do it to help them out.. If you do alot for kids in your community then thats great then your community needs more like you. My main point was all the negative toward what we are trying to do was un-called for.

Knowing who I am and what I do is great, I have no clue who u are nor do I care too, 1/2 the city knows who I am and what I do. I have nothing to hide; I sleep VERY well at night knowing I've made differences in young kids lives and hopefully can continue to do so... I treat folks right so there is no need to look over my shoulder.

If your a coach then best of luck this season; hope u win every game, seriously..... FYI, The LOL was just a lazy way of showing I'm joking has nothing to do with being "grown-up" Nearly 90% of the technological world use that phrase now-a-days whether it be thru text or email.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I know the kid at Gresham and you do as well and no he did not play for Central...are you joking?

Well good luck in all you do and hope the game stays clean and those guys do well and win and hope when someone doesnt always agree with the way some things were done and some of the programs and coaches were contacted and others were not!!!

I will talk to you later and hope that now kid is swayed to go to a different high school :roflol: cause this will get looked into and there will be something said about all the recruiting that is going on in Knoxville little league sports and that does lead to those kids choosing that high school and if you feel or think otherwise you are nuts...that is a fact since you are based solely on facts and no assumptios...and I think you are assuming by saying that none of those coaches talked to any of those kids since you mentioned Terry Fair noticed a kid and said something about him...get your facts straight cause if their not straight someone is going to investigate and find out what the facts are!!!

Well I know the kid at Gresham and you do as well and no he did not play for Central...are you joking?

Well good luck in all you do and hope the game stays clean and those guys do well and win and hope when someone doesnt always agree with the way some things were done and some of the programs and coaches were contacted and others were not!!!

I will talk to you later and hope that now kid is swayed to go to a different high school :roflol: cause this will get looked into and there will be something said about all the recruiting that is going on in Knoxville little league sports and that does lead to those kids choosing that high school and if you feel or think otherwise you are nuts...that is a fact since you are based solely on facts and no assumptios...and I think you are assuming by saying that none of those coaches talked to any of those kids since you mentioned Terry Fair noticed a kid and said something about him...get your facts straight cause if their not straight someone is going to investigate and find out what the facts are!!!

Thanks for the good luck, same to you. As long as I'm involved the game will be clean and done 1st class!!! We have several "surprises" for the selected players - it will be most memorable football week ever for most of them. Next year when the game is in Tennessee come on out and support your state.

We must NOT be talking about the same kid b/c I don't know this particular kid from Gresham who made it, he's in 8th Grade is about all I know. Nor do I know where he is going to HS nor do I know who he played for last season. All I know is he impressed the heck out of Terry Fair in defensive back drills and 1-on-1's.

Terry Fair was an "Evaluator" for the Combine of course he said something about the kid, the Evaluators were the ones who picked the team; they had alot to say about the kids but they didn't share there thoughts about the kids w/ the kids; that was closed door talk. Immediately after the drills were done the "Evaluators" went to a room and started hashing thru all the notes of the players and began selecting the "Roster". The only one w/ all the contact info for the kids is K.P.S. from Louisville, KY. Lastly, if you know a high school coach that is people friendly, great w/ kids, knows some football and wants to come help us out next year have him contact us we'll be glad to let him help us. There's over 320 high school football programs in our state we can't contact them all to come work unfortunately...

There will be something said about all the recruiting that is going on in Knoxville little league sports and that does lead to those kids choosing that high school and if you feel or think otherwise you are nuts... QUOTE

Yes there is lots of recruiting in youth football in EVERY city not just Knoxville, call some coaches in Atlanta and ask them how bad recruiting is in there city for youth football; better yet call some coaches in Miami and ask them what all goes on - we hold NOTHING to what goes on there.. Here the #1 recruiter in youth sports is BAD coaching and "daddy ball" - our youth programs are eat up with it (not saying every team is by no means) we have some good guys coaching in Knox Co Youth League but for every good one I'll show you 5 thats not - thats sad to say but its how it is. What forces players to bounce around from team to team is the coaching and daddy ball you can't dispute that.. The "well coached" teams rarely lose players. U and I both know that kids want to play for winning teams and programs, whtether its Little League, High School or College. Whether its right or wrong, its just the way it is - kids want to win. The "winning" programs are always attacked by saying they recruited all those kids, what recruits the kids is good coaching and winning (although I'm the first to say its not about winning) its about making kids better and developing them and getting them ready for the next level; thats what its about!!

Scots50...we will see where it gets filed and see what happens with TSSAA...they have the info and they were not aware of the event nor notified...that is unjust practice on the event coordinator and we will see what happens when all is said and done...nothing may happen except a few reprimands and and article or 2 in the KNS paper about what is going on in MIDDLE SCHOOL football which leads to high school football...I know of 2 MIDDLE SCHOOL teams that did not play in the sanctioned middle school football league last year in Knoxville...wonder why? I know the answer because the sanctions were that you could only play with kids from your zone...if they did that they would not have a team...go figure...so you tell me how nothing went on at that combine or is going on behind the scenes...I am sure they have contact information for all the Kids...you tell me?

Why don't you just show up and see for yourself next time? Until then, take a valium and find another issue that does not take away from the kids.

I wont be there and as long as there are some of the coaches that were this year and still involved I will not be there!!!

I am happy for those kids and will be happy for them but I will not accept or be a part of this event with the people that were working it and put it together!!! There is a money motive and other things in it for these promoters...so u keep up the good work!!!

There will be something said about all the recruiting that is going on in Knoxville little league sports and that does lead to those kids choosing that high school and if you feel or think otherwise you are nuts... QUOTE

Yes there is lots of recruiting in youth football in EVERY city not just Knoxville, call some coaches in Atlanta and ask them how bad recruiting is in there city for youth football; better yet call some coaches in Miami and ask them what all goes on - we hold NOTHING to what goes on there.. Here the #1 recruiter in youth sports is BAD coaching and "daddy ball" - our youth programs are eat up with it (not saying every team is by no means) we have some good guys coaching in Knox Co Youth League but for every good one I'll show you 5 thats not - thats sad to say but its how it is. What forces players to bounce around from team to team is the coaching and daddy ball you can't dispute that.. The "well coached" teams rarely lose players. U and I both know that kids want to play for winning teams and programs, whtether its Little League, High School or College. Whether its right or wrong, its just the way it is - kids want to win. The "winning" programs are always attacked by saying they recruited all those kids, what recruits the kids is good coaching and winning (although I'm the first to say its not about winning) its about making kids better and developing them and getting them ready for the next level; thats what its about!!

Why do you dodge what is really going here...I dont care what is happening in Atlanta or Miami or Chicago or Charlotte .....I care about what is happening here and the continued violation of the rules and nothing done by the powers to be...so if I need to continue to speak my mind on this subject I will and will also continue to disagree with what is going on...what happens is not winning it is the promise of things that never happen and then the kids remember that but bye that time it is too late for that kid!!! I am in strong disagreement with this camp and dont care who doesnt like it...there is something in it for the promoters and that is all I am saying whether it be money or players or just the fact the promoters are getting noticed for things they are doing...I dont know...but you have yet to take ownership of what is happening right here in Knoxville and that just goes to show there is more to this than you want to admit!

Why do you dodge what is really going here...I dont care what is happening in Atlanta or Miami or Chicago or Charlotte .....I care about what is happening here and the continued violation of the rules and nothing done by the powers to be...so if I need to continue to speak my mind on this subject I will and will also continue to disagree with what is going on...what happens is not winning it is the promise of things that never happen and then the kids remember that but bye that time it is too late for that kid!!! I am in strong disagreement with this camp and dont care who doesnt like it...there is something in it for the promoters and that is all I am saying whether it be money or players or just the fact the promoters are getting noticed for things they are doing...I dont know...but you have yet to take ownership of what is happening right here in Knoxville and that just goes to show there is more to this than you want to admit!

What is going on here in Knoxville?? I haven't dodged anything... As mentioned previously I have nothing to hide, I do the right things on a daily basis that's why the good lord above blesses everything I do; this camp was put together in one month with very little promoting and kids drove from Memphis on that short notice. What "violation" of the rules are you talking about?? Please enlighten us on your expertise. I'd love to know who broke what rule. I agree people who "promise" things to kids just to get them to play with them, thats very wrong - I'll agree with you on that 110%. That stuff should never happen!! U should only promise that you will work 'em hard, develope them at their position and have them ready for the next level. That should be the only promise ever made to a kid.

This camp is not about recruiting; If that were the case then we'd only let one school work the camp, maybe next year we'll let the worse programs in our area come run the drills - thats a joke I'd never do that, I want the best for everything I'm involved with and therefore we'll always get the best programs coaches with good character to come work the camp. Considering we got several of the better programs coaches to work the camp I think that rules out recruiting - having more than one program invovled kind of polices the recruiting your so worried about anyways.. The organizers of this are from Louisville, KY - maybe in KY there is a hidden agenda on this I can't answer that but I know in Tennessee it was for one reason, the kids and for them to see where there at!!! I guess you don't like good things for the kids or maybe its that "it wasn't your idea" I don't know. But if you don't like it or agree with it that's fine everyone is entitled to their own opinion; I respect you saying that. We're not asking for your approval, this event will succeed for a long time coming - when there is GOOD people involved things go good, when shady folks are involved, well its just that shady. This was nothing short of great for the boys!! Not sure what you have against the 5-6 guys that put this together locally but I know all have at least three things in common - they are successful in coaching, good people with good character and do alot for kids in our area - yeah of course coaches who have success always have those who "wish" they could get their program to where there's is. ALL of the SUCCESSFUL programs in this area support this camp so we'll be good..

If it were about money I'm sure K.P.S. would have charged more than $25 - not sure but using my dumb brain that'd be my assumption... Just an FYI, most All-Star Games lose money so that would probably rule that out as reason KPS did this. If you knew someone who organizes one you would know that. Even if it were about money then whats it matter long as kids have a blast!! Sometimes good things cost, but $25 is as affordable as it gets. Did you know the Tenn / KY Border Bowl (high school game) cost over $250 per athlete - I guess the guys who organize that are bad guys too. K.P.S. handles the financial side of this we just help them put together something for the kids. Man, what such bad guys we are. We're helping make football better not only across Knoxville but the entire state at the amatuer level, not just in one neighborhood. Hopefully you will do the same.....

Actually I wasn't gonna bring this up but I guess I will since you keep talking about recruiting at our camp, in Knoxville little league and wherever else. If I were to remember correctly the use to be Mighty Cats were Knoxville's worst known for recruiting for the longest; players living with coaches, kids living out of zone playing there. To be honest I never cared!!! I could care less what other programs do.. If you guys can start winning again you know the kids will follow. That happens EVERYWHERE not just Knoxville. Kids wanna win, kids wanna play for winners, kids wanna play for good coaches... Its just the way it is, so as the kids will say, don't hate the player, hate the game.

I wont be there and as long as there are some of the coaches that were this year and still involved I will not be there!!!

I am happy for those kids and will be happy for them but I will not accept or be a part of this event with the people that were working it and put it together!!! There is a money motive and other things in it for these promoters...so u keep up the good work!!!

It is quite clear that you have a personal beef with one or more of the coaches that organized this event. You need to get off these threads and face the coach or coaches for which you harbor ill will. Attacking them from your key board is useless and most importantly, destructive for the kids.

It is quite clear that you have a personal beef with one or more of the coaches that organized this event. You need to get off these threads and face the coach or coaches for which you harbor ill will. Attacking them from your key board is useless and most importantly, destructive for the kids.

There are no personal beefs at all....let me just break it down...this is great for the kids....but its not there fault that we have coaches in the area doing whatever they can to recruit players....what happened when players when to the school they were zoned for and had fun....coaches changed that for selfish reasons and noone on here can deny that....so with all that said everyone knows who these people are (not just me), so here is a kind warning, it's about to hit the fan....and you rockytop are about to prob get alot questions....i have actually probably done the wrong thing and prepared you...so you can thank me later...nonetheless hope all the kids do well....but tssaa is looking into this.....so it is already getting looked at!!!!good luck to all the coaches who were involved.....