Lenoir City Coach

LCityplayer

Heard yesterday that Todd Wright was deciding between Seymour and Lenoir City.

Todd Wright would be a good hire for both schools, but why would he leave Oliver Springs for college and be successful at two college stops just to return back to High School? and not like dream high school positions. Interesting

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will tell you why Coach Wright would leave. Those small college don't pay well and there are several internal obstacles to deal with (e.i. budgets, lack of scholarships and increased tuition). Coach Wright will do well and either school will flourish with him.

Coach Wright is a great coach, thats why its surprising that he would give up on college and go back to HS after investing so many years. Maryville College has historically been a stepping stone for some coaches to move up and I thought thats what he was going to do.

With that said..so way does he come here to the LC..my money is on Seymour.

I've known Coach Wright for a number of years. He is an excellent coach and a top notch guy. I hope that if he is truly interested in going back to the high school ranks he gives Seymour serious consideration. The eagles have seen their fair share of success, and I think Coach Wright would be a tremendous success there.

I think Todd Wright would be a very good hire, he is an exciting coach, and would bring a different kind of expectation to LC. He would help them get to the BORO , I think

"get them to the BORO" thats hilarious. That's why coaches get run out of town, unrealistic expectations. This team has a couple good players and couldn't make it out of the first round of the district tournament at Home...and now because you get a new coach they are going to the State Tournament. Good Luck with that.

Coach Wright excellent Coach I really hope he goes to Lenoir City, but if he does you Momma and Daddys better get ready to mind your business and let him Coach or your Daughter will be sitting in the bleachers with you watching the game. Coach sure hope you take this job.

Talking with several parents and players, big thing is that right now they have no direction. My understanding is that there was never a "true" meeting with the current team members to let them know that the administration is working towards locating and acquiring a coach. End of school coming up and no one has mentioned any practices (10 days allowed till end of school year), no summer schedule (15 days in June to include any team camps), and no conditioning work or at the least a recommended work-out schedule to prepare by during the summer months. Whether it is Coach Wright, Coach "momma", Coach "daddy", or who-ever, the kids deserve some direction. Granted, they can work in the driveway, park, etc. but some true "coaching" would be nice. Coaching means getting "sally-sue" to understand "WHY" she is to be in this spot, look for this situation, know how to attack a weakness, or defend and improve on her weakness. The longer they wait, the less chance this team will have at any cohesion/chemistry at all. And yes, whoever the coach is, they need to let the parents know that THEY are the coach and those in the stands are the spectators.......

LC boosters must have came up some money. Even though small college coaches don't make a lot of money, it's around the same amount that high school coaches make. LC is not one of the better paying systems in the state. Seymour pays a lot more money. Besides, he doesn't have to teach at Maryville College (if he did I'm sure its a very light load). I would be shocked if Todd took this job. But then again stranger things have happened.

LC boosters must have came up some money. Even though small college coaches don't make a lot of money, it's around the same amount that high school coaches make. LC is not one of the better paying systems in the state. Seymour pays a lot more money. Besides, he doesn't have to teach at Maryville College (if he did I'm sure its a very light load). I would be shocked if Todd took this job. But then again stranger things have happened.

Consider yourself shocked!