12a District Tourn Predictions

TROJANFAN88

I think what Radio is saying is, Summertown is very beatable when Huddleston is not on the mound, but with him, they are major contenders. The lineup is deep, but I don't think deep enough to win this region.

If everything works out like it should or like I think it will then you could see some very good match ups Monday May 17 on the first round of the Region.

Pitching you should see Huddleston - Summertown, Ray - Wayne County, Laster -Cornersville, and Ring - Mt. Pleasant. Pitching is about equal across the board. It depends on who has their best that day.

I think Summertown and Wayne County can swing it much better than Cornersville or Mt. Pleasant but both teams have a few guys that are dangerous.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah would've, could've, should've... Summertown will spank Wayne Co. Tuesday, Huddleston is by far district MVP.. maybe you can get there through the losers bracket haha :lol:

WC and Summertown split during season play, maybe Huddleson wont pitch or has a bad game . He is good but he cant carry Summertown much futher than distict. Mark this down Summertown will not win the region only reason they can win the district is because Huddleson can pitch 3 of 4 games they might have to play. Put Huddleson on Cliftons team and they would make it to region.

I have to disagree. Summertown is the favorite in winning region and Huddleston is not a good enough pitcher to carry Clifton to region. It takes a whole team, not one player and Summertown is a solid team all around.

I'll go with Huddleston as District MVP. He has not lost a game all year long. S'town is the team to beat here and they will probably win the District & Region. WC is the only team in the district or region to beat them this year but aren't hitting as well as they did back then. I think WC will give them a good game because Rice will probably be on the mound and he only pitched 2 or 3 innings against S'town early on and S'town didn't score off him. WC did hit Huddleston late in the game and scored 4 runs including a solo HR by Pippenger.

I'll go with Huddleston as District MVP. He has not lost a game all year long. S'town is the team to beat here and they will probably win the District & Region. WC is the only team in the district or region to beat them this year but aren't hitting as well as they did back then. I think WC will give them a good game because Rice will probably be on the mound and he only pitched 2 or 3 innings against S'town early on and S'town didn't score off him. WC did hit Huddleston late in the game and scored 4 runs including a solo HR by Pippenger.

Pippenger might be the MVP. He is a good catcher & the best hitter in the district.

Next time Summertown plays without Huddleston on the mound they will not win. Yes they have won without him pitching but not anymore this season. :lol:

Funny you say that.... Summertown is 28-4 on the season. I'm sure Huddleston didn't pitch all 28 wins. What is your reason for thinking that they can't or won't win without Huddleston on the mound?

Pippenger might be the MVP. He is a good catcher & the best hitter in the district.

Best hitter? Nah, close, but I still give the edge to Simbeck. He is a power-hitter as well as a guy who gets on base alot.

Uhm Summertown will make it to region but you have to remember Willie Region play is better than district games...Huddleston will get MVP and if you can get him off the rubber then your chances are better of winning, i just dont think their staff is thick enough to get them through region and win it all, however they will get to the championship game...and Wayne Co has to improve some to make it too, they will have their hands full when it comes into that losers bracket...PC and Loretto both can easily beat Wayne Co...And i believe Radio said that they had one pitcher, everyone knows they can hit

Best hitter? Nah, close, but I still give the edge to Simbeck. He is a power-hitter as well as a guy who gets on base alot.

Um...Pippenger is a power-hitter as well as a guy who gets on base a lot too. I think they are both outstanding hitters, but I would give the edge to Pippenger. I believe that if Huddleston (or another Summertown kid) isn't named MVP, then Pippenger and Simbeck have the best shots.

I said Summertown has won without him pitching but they will lose the next game he doesnt. Willie your making it sound worse than it is. Here is bottom line Huddleston is an ace and a good one . Not very many of them running around like Huddleston rated untouchable but #2 and # 3 and so on arent untouchable. Check on runs scored without Huddleston on the mound . Check on close games see who pitched. I am not a hater call me a dreamer maybe and its just my opinoin. It wouldnt be the first time I was wrong ethier. That is when you can beat them. Hey " I am just saying".