Freshman with significant playing time

nocryinginbaseball

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sequoyah High School has two freshmen that have had good years!

Jake Johnson, 1B and LHP

65 Plate appearances - BA .365, Slugging % .557, 2HR, 4-2B

Pitching - 5 appearances - 1-1 record,16IP, 17K, 8BB, ERA 7.63

Forrest McKane, LF,C,RHP

66 Plate appearances - BA .322, slugging % .423, 1HR, 3-2B

Pitching - 7 appearances - 0-0 record, 14IP, 18K,9BB,ERA 3.21

Only speaking for kids i have heard of around West Tn, Trenton-- Dylan Slayton have heard he may be there #1 or #2 starter southpaw and has great speed also from Trenton Peyton Nee has pitched in several games.. Milan--Caleb Powell, have heard contributed at the plate and on the mound someone told me has started every game..Also from Milan Dylan Hawkins has played well as a freshman...USJ--Reed Matheny, catcher has started several games behind the dish Ryan Garner has pitched in several games on an already loaded staff as a Freshman

Only speaking for kids i have heard of around West Tn, Trenton-- Dylan Slayton have heard he may be there #1 or #2 starter southpaw and has great speed also from Trenton Peyton Nee has pitched in several games.. Milan--Caleb Powell, have heard contributed at the plate and on the mound someone told me has started every game..Also from Milan Dylan Hawkins has played well as a freshman...USJ--Reed Matheny, catcher has started several games behind the dish Ryan Garner has pitched in several games on an already loaded staff as a Freshman

Caleb Powell has played in every game and has now earned the spot of batting clean up for the dogs. He is 6-0 on the hill and being the #3 starter and the district game closer. He is batting somewhere around the .350 mark with 3 HR's. Dylan Hawkins has stepped in and pitched in a few games for Milan and see's time on 3B some.

The Sequatchie Valley has 4-5 freshman getting alot of pt. Austin Layne from Marion County is the everyday starter at 3B for the Warriors. I believe he is the #3 or 4 pitcher on their staff. Jake Stone is playing 2B for the South Pittsburg Pirates and I have seen his name all year long in the Chattanooga Times. Grundy County has 2 freshman starting and splitting time between LF and catching. One is hitting .333 and 1 is hitting over .450.

Sevier Co has Freshman Dillon Cate playing a key role for the Smoky Bears. He has turned into the starting 3rd baseman, and is filling in SS, RF when others are pitching. He has solidified himself in the 5th spot in the order & is hitting right at .400 with 70+ PAs. He has also turned into one of the top pitchers for the Smoky Bears starting the last 2 home district games. He is definitely one to watch in the future!

Saw in the Chattanooga Times Free Press this week where freshman, Logan Jackson, East Hamilton Hurricanes is batting .465 after 71 at bats and has 24 stolen bases. Plays regularly at Center Field, a real fast kid. Also another fresheman Charles Chavis has been doing a good job at 2nd base. Garland has done a good job mixing the younger talent with the older players. I believe they may be 3rd in their district play, not bad for a 1st year program...with no seniors.

Henry County has a freshman who has started every game this season who has been their primary lead off hitter. His name is Thomas Bomar and he is the real deal. At least up until recently(not sure if still is) he was leading the team in batting avg.

My son played travel ball with Thomas. He is very good player. Glad to hear he is doing well!!

Oak Ridge has been playing three Freshman regularly, and have managed a 20 win season with only three (albeit very good) Seniors.

Jordan Lane is full time at 2B, and has a 5-0 pitching record with 1 save, and has been improving at the plate all through the season with a BA up around .300 now, including a HR.

Connor Roberts has a 2-1 record (loss against Farragut) with 2 saves and two NDs in seven appearances, and gave Halls all they wanted, leaving the game with the lead in the 5th. Between Roberts and Lane, that's 7 wins and 3 saves, significant contributions from two Freshman for 10 of their 20 wins.

Matt McDaniels has been full time DH, hitting 2 HR and batting for average most of the season.

Will Craig at Science Hill is dominating. He was hitting .436 with 9 homeruns and 38rbi's as of tuesday in one of the toughest districts in the state. He is 6-2 on the mound as well with a 2.34 era and a fastball clocked at 86 in the 6th inning in their game against Elizabethton.