2010 NFL Draft

rollredroll

With six draftees this year, 2010 was Tennessee's best showing in the draft since 2003, when it had nine draftees. Hats off to these six picks, which include three former DII players:

Dan Williams (1, 26) - Memphis East

Golden Tate (2, 60) - Pope John Paul II

Jacques McClendon (4, 129) - Baylor

Greg Hardy (6, 175) - Briarcrest

Thomas Welch (7, 208) - Brentwood

Levi Brown (7, 209) - Mt. Juliet

And yes, we all likely know the high school from which McClendon graduated (it wasn't Baylor), but I'm not sure that school can claim him as a draft pick since he never played there.

Thoams Welch is an interesting story as well - high school QB and converted TE to OL in college.

Blueson is indeed a senior and anxiously counting the days to the last day of school and graduation! He has accepted a walk on offer to play football at Tennessee Tech this fall. He will only long snap. He received a variety of walk on offers as well as a partial scholarship offer to N. Greenville University but fell in love with Tn Tech and their special teams coach. He is hoping to be the back up long snapper as a freshman.

I have received reassurance that I can remain as a McCallie football mom emeritus and take care of the coaches for as long as I want. I guess I will have to expand my wardrobe to include purple and yellow!

Yes, Bluemom and Bluedad are very proud parental units! Be careful, Bluedad is coming off sabbatical and plans to return to the high school football fields in the Chattanooga area and continue his officiating career!