District 4AAA

QSouth89

How have the 4AAA teams faired at camp? Catholic played at Karns and Stone Memorial's team camps.

What is wrong with Farragut? When are they going to name a head coach? It seems strange to let all summer go by with the players having no idea who their head coach is. What is the administration doing or thinking?

It may have to do with the administration waiting to see what teaching positions might change or be eliminated. If Coach Dodgen is remaining on staff, they don't have his teaching spot to be filled. Coach Cool seems a logical choice since he is already on staff.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was under the impression that Coach Cool was the choice. He's taken them to team camp and they've played well.

It's not unusual for the "interim" coach to run spring and summer practices along with taking teams to camps. I would be surprised if it were someone other than Coach Cool however stranger things have happened.

Admittedly early, but my fearless preseason forecast for D4AAA hoops this coming year is as follows:

1. Bearden

2. Catholic

3. West

4. Farragut

5. Maryville

6. William Blount

7. Lenoir City

8. Heritage

1. Bearden

2. Catholic

3. West

4. Maryville

5. Farragut

6. Lenoir City

7. William Blount

8. Heritage

I feel very strong about 1-3...

4-7 could play out a lot of different ways

• 1 month later...

Anyone know what's going on at West? I've heard that Mitchell and Brooks transfered to Bearden and that Dre Matheiu has transfered to Carter from Central. Does anyone have a clue if these rumors are true.

West had a grest year last season. Why would players be transfering to Bearden or anywhere for that matter. P.T. could be a problem for new comers to Bearden and Blevins is a very strict coach. Only one way to do things at Bearden. Dre to Carter give me a break. Carter has everyone back. Dre is a great player and will no doubt walk in ad start for Carter. But talk about chemistry problems. Somebody who is accoustom to getting big minutes will have to sit and won't be happy. Also heard Lawson was moving to Fulton. What is the latest. School started today I guess by the end of the day everyone will know where these guys landed.

West had a grest year last season. Why would players be transfering to Bearden or anywhere for that matter. P.T. could be a problem for new comers to Bearden and Blevins is a very strict coach. Only one way to do things at Bearden. Dre to Carter give me a break. Carter has everyone back. Dre is a great player and will no doubt walk in ad start for Carter. But talk about chemistry problems. Somebody who is accoustom to getting big minutes will have to sit and won't be happy. Also heard Lawson was moving to Fulton. What is the latest. School started today I guess by the end of the day everyone will know where these guys landed.

any transfers true after school started?