TSSAA Violations??

baseballnut33

I have always been told and had read on the TSSAA's website that you couldn't schedule any more than 30 games in a season. Just wondering, is there any penalty for this violation? And some teams go way beyond the 30 game limit. I know that there are many teams that do it and I was just wondering? My son's team has never had the luxury to get to that point because they always have several rainouts.

I have always been told and had read on the TSSAA's website that you couldn't schedule any more than 30 games in a season. Just wondering, is there any penalty for this violation? And some teams go way beyond the 30 game limit. I know that there are many teams that do it and I was just wondering? My son's team has never had the luxury to get to that point because they always have several rainouts.

some teams play several tournaments and get games there..they may play 4-6 games ina tournament but it only counts as 2 games per tournament

Close - tournaments count as 3 games and you can play in up to four tournaments a year.

So, are you saying that a team can actually have 34 games played by the time they get done with their season? Is there a penalty with tssaa for going over the allowed games?

A lot of programs schedule 18 non-tournament games and then play in 3 tournaments. In some of those tournaments you can play 5 or even 6 games. Those tournaments count as 3 games each regardless of how many games they actually play in them. So yes, a team could end up playing 34 games if they played four games in each of four tournaments. Yes, there is a substantial penalty for exceeding the limit on the number of games. But 34 games with the above scenario would not be breaking the 30-game rule.

So, what should you normally see as a total number of games without being in violation?

It depends on how many tournaments a team plays in. There is no set number. A team could schedule 27 games and one tournament and play four games in that for 31 and a team could play 18 games and 4 tournaments and play six games in each of them and play 42 games. Farragut won 48 games in 2003 and 46 in 2004.