Maryville #94 in top 100

mapperman

Guest caligula

Why would you even comment if you have never seen them. Shut up you are just another hater. Why don't you just stick your local team and be happy. All guys need to just get off Maryville's back. You don't even know who the top 10 team is. Do you even know the state rakings, do you know anything? And screw the UT coaches, those idiots always pick against Maryville. They live in the city but don't know a pennies worth about the team...this would be understandable if all there kids didn't go to Maryville but know one cares. I am anti-vol...Maryville is the best in TN and thats that. No team except BA can standup to them.

Posted by schs3:

ok i haven't seen maryville play in person but ummm have you seen the current top 25 play? Recently? If not then don't say they deserve to be up there. I think that it's impossible for someone to actually rank High School football teams. #1 there's too many of them to look at, #2 if you don't watch all of them i don't think you can actually rank them where they should be anyways. But just my point of view no more no less.

Posted by mrsoddydaisy:

I have seen alot of teams in the last 40 yrs. Maryville should be in the top 25. Anyone who thinks otherwise is less than intelligent.

:(:):(:(:(:(:(

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for your info 64tn and sc3, I have seen over the last 5 years about 10 of those teams. I have also seen Maryville. I am not even a Maryville fan, But they are as good as the 15-25 teams. No, they cant hang with the best of the best, but they are top 25 caliber. Don't diss until you know the facts. Do you really think there are 93 teams better? There is not. Anyway, we will never know, will we? Oh yeah, anyone that leaves beautiful Tennessee for the west cant be the sharpest knife in the drawer.

[Edited by mrsoddydaisy on 9-27-02 2:04P]

Well I know the "speculated" number TWO team in state of Tennessee in 4A played against Maryville and got beat by 42 points. That tells me something, either one is underrated or one of overrated. I asked several football players if Mo-West was really good or were overrated. They all said that they were one of the best teams they'd seen and that their lines were awesome, etc. So this kinda eliminates the later, I'm going with Maryville being a bit underrated. Tonight all I'm worrying about is Willie B.

Posted by mrsoddydaisy:

As for your info 64tn and sc3, I have seen over the last 5 years about 10 of those teams. I have also seen Maryville. I am not even a Maryville fan, But they are as good as the 15-25 teams. No, they cant hang with the best of the best, but they are top 25 caliber. Don't diss until you know the facts. Do you really think there are 93 teams better? There is not. Anyway, we will never know, will we? Oh yeah, anyone that leaves beautiful Tennessee for the west cant be the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Sod-Da'(m), I have seen IN PERSON THIS FALL from the above list: #'s 1,2,5,7,27,38, (#'s 19,20 on tape) AND Maryville (scrimmage DB or at least the 1st half--all I could tolerate).

If barefooted-, beer-in-hand-guys looking for their spouses at the La Quinta in Knoxville is your "interpretation" of beauty or a reason to stay in E.TN then I don't begrudge you that.

I played in Johnson City and Kingsport;..suited up vs. Chat.Cent., OakR, combined Morrist', Betsy, Bradley Cnty, Greenville, TN Hi, Knox South, and some good out-of-state competition.

And your "credentials" are.....? Go SPARTANS (128); "cover" vs. St. Francis. (FYI--Mira Costa vs. Banning @10pm EST Fox Sports Net)...may flash to Poly vs. very good Narbonne team. :(:):(

[Edited by 64TNChamp on 9-27-02 9:03P]

64tnchamp, i think u need to just leave this website, of course thats my opinion, its retarded that you get onto a tennessee website and diss everything about tennessee football, i doubt u truly know whose 48 points better than who and if it was that bad, sheldon should be able to hang with some college football teams. that type of claim is just rediculous, i dont care if u claim that u have seen them. u obviously claim to have a whole lot of football experience, but i think that u have taken it to your head, u think that beyond yur philosophy there is no other. but yur wrong. people like u should just go live in concord ,ca and work yur trust company over there and be happy.

and tva did happen and has done a lot of good, heck the electricity that runs yur comp is probably somehow effected by tva,so just shutup. or go live somewhere else if u dont like it.

Guest caligula

F-word. Champ you are a chump. Why would you say that. You r a loser I don't like you anymore and after Poly beats DLS I am gonna send you an e-card. You jerk this is a beautiful place. I don't see drunk barefoot rednecks in my neighborhood. You're a jerketty jerk jerk! JERK.JERK.JERK. Champ go highway 11-E look for the car that is going to fastest and jump infront of it.

well not that this apply's here but i'm pretty sure i know of a 4 and 5 ranked team in the state of VA that can beat Maryville. Mind you I don't know how those teams are doing this year but I did see the top 10 in the state last yr. for VA and the top 5 would give Maryville a run for the money the top 2 would leave them on the ground whining.

Posted by 64TNChamp:

I just caught the second half of Rosxell vs. Dacula, both unranked in GA, both could beat Maryville. Objectivity is an "acquired" skill. :D

Have any of you people actually seen Maryville play? I mean ACTUALLY play and not a SCRIMMAGE ON FILM!! I have seen numerous teams in our state, and not many can competete with Maryville. Sure there are bigger schools in Va. and Ga. but I don't think a TON of 4A schools can beat Maryville, maybe a handful and the rest can play and contend, but not many win, especially not by a lot!

Posted by 64TNChamp:

I just caught the second half of Rosxell vs. Dacula, both unranked in GA, both could beat Maryville. Objectivity is an "acquired" skill. :D

No, objectivity is a "learned" skill. Not going to the bathroom in your pants is an "acquired" skill. I think you better check your shorts.

You know, if you were half as good as you think at picking winners based on your superior analytical skills you'd be living on the Ritz somewhere instead of boring us with your self absorbed football pap.

[Edited by RedReb on 9-28-02 12:02A]

I'm away a couple of days and 64TnChamp has all the answers. And if you don't believe him, you don't even have to ask him, he'll tell you anyway. I've seen Hoover Ala. and Chad Jackson and they have a very good team, as well as ranked very high. So now I guess I'm an expert. It's subjective. Like I have a rearend and 64 does, as well as everyone else. I didn't think a team that could not beat Kentucky would beat FSU on Thursday nite either. Trojan4life let me get this right, MHS won't be as lucky next time? After getting 502 yds. on you and pulling the dogs in the 3rd quarter, I would call it a little more than luck wouldn't you? Go Rebs.

[Edited by STARSNBARS on 9-28-02 12:19A]

Posted by 64TNChamp:
Posted by mrsoddydaisy:

Sod-Da'(m), I have seen IN PERSON THIS FALL from the above list: #'s 1,2,5,7,27,38, (#'s 19,20 on tape) AND Maryville (scrimmage DB or at least the 1st half--all I could tolerate).

If barefooted-, beer-in-hand-guys looking for their spouses at the La Quinta in Knoxville is your "interpretation" of beauty or a reason to stay in E.TN then I don't begrudge you that.

I played in Johnson City and Kingsport;..suited up vs. Chat.Cent., OakR, combined Morrist', Betsy, Bradley Cnty, Greenville, TN Hi, Knox South, and some good out-of-state competition.

And your "credentials" are.....? Go SPARTANS (128); "cover" vs. St. Francis. (FYI--Mira Costa vs. Banning @10pm EST Fox Sports Net)...may flash to Poly vs. very good Narbonne team. :D:D:)

[Edited by 64TNChamp on 9-27-02 9:03P]

Ya know, I've been looking at your posts 64TNchamp and i really don't see the point in them. I'm completely objective here as i play for Franklin High and i honestly don't care about Maryville but all the stuff you say could very well go unsaid. In fact, I'm sure that most(if not all) of the people on this website would appreciate you just keeping quiet. If you want to go talk about football in other states, do it on their website. This site is about TN football which we're darn proud of and we don't need you coming and trying to say how bad we are. Just my thoughts. Again, i have no dog in this fight but I must say you're being a bit of a butt here.