Obion Co. Central Rebels...Spring Practice

The OCCHS Rebels open Spring Football Practice tomorrow, Friday May 7th.....The Rebels are coached by Shawn Jackson who enters his third season with the team with a record of 6-15...Jackson led his team to a huge turnaround last season from an 0-10 season to a 6-5 season and a playoff berth...The Rebels will look to replace 16 seniors including District 13AA Offensive Player of the Year Patrick Haskins who will take his 2,700 all-purpose yards and 146 total points to Clarksville, Tn as he signed a National Letter of Intent to play for the Governors of Austin Peay University...

The Rebels will take part in a scrimmage at Huntingdon on Friday May 14th.....

Here is a link to the Rebels football website....

www.occhsrebels.com

• 2 weeks later...

Obion Central and Lake County will scrimmage on Saturday Night at Troy...7:15 pm

Here is OC's 2010 football schedule...

Friday..........8/13/10.....Covington Jamboree..............Covington HS

Saturday......8/21/10.....Fulton County, KY Pilots.........Obion Central.....7:00 PM

Friday..........8/27/10.....Sikeston, MO. Bulldogs...........Obion Central.....7:00 PM

(Sikeston had a record of 13-1 last season and was 4A State Semi-Finalist)

Friday..........9/3/10.......Crockett County Cavaliers......Obion Central.....7:00 PM

Saturday......9/11/10.....Cape Central, MO. Tigers........@ SEMO

Friday..........9/17/10.....Union City Golden Tornadoes....Union City.........7:30 PM

Friday..........9/24/10.....OPEN DATE

Friday.........10/1/10......Covington Chargers................Covington..........7:30 PM

Friday.........10/8/10......Dyersburg Trojans..................Dyersburg..........7:30 PM

Friday.........10/15/10....Martin Westview Chargers........Obion Central.....7:00 PM

Friday.........10/22/10....Gibson County Pioneers...........Gibson County.....7:30 PM

Thursday.....10/28/10....Ripley Tigers.........................Obion Central.......7:00 PM

Obion Central and Lake County will scrimmage on Saturday Night at Troy...7:15 pm

Here is OC's 2010 football schedule...

Friday..........8/13/10.....Covington Jamboree..............Covington HS

Saturday......8/21/10.....Fulton County, KY Pilots.........Obion Central.....7:00 PM

Friday..........8/27/10.....Sikeston, MO. Bulldogs...........Obion Central.....7:00 PM

(Sikeston had a record of 13-1 last season and was 4A State Semi-Finalist)

Friday..........9/3/10.......Crockett County Cavaliers......Obion Central.....7:00 PM

Saturday......9/11/10.....Cape Central, MO. Tigers........@ SEMO

Friday..........9/17/10.....Union City Golden Tornadoes....Union City.........7:30 PM

Friday..........9/24/10.....OPEN DATE

Friday.........10/1/10......Covington Chargers................Covington..........7:30 PM

Friday.........10/8/10......Dyersburg Trojans..................Dyersburg..........7:30 PM

Friday.........10/15/10....Martin Westview Chargers........Obion Central.....7:00 PM

Friday.........10/22/10....Gibson County Pioneers...........Gibson County.....7:30 PM

Thursday.....10/28/10....Ripley Tigers.........................Obion Central.......7:00 PM

Good luck on the 2010 season! Looks like the Rebels will have their hands thats a pretty tough schedule! :roflol:

Trey Phipps is tuff in the passing game with little defensive pressure at the line of scrimage.

The Rebels might be challenged more with keeping the penalties down to a lower level that will ensure them with more wins this season.

Not many flags were thrown during the Lake County scrimage, but there was a lot of holding,

clipping, blocks in the back, and overall cheap shots during the scrimmage.

Without the new defensive coordinator on site yet, the Rebels D unit has room to grow.

Will the Rebels baseball program will now start to decline as the leadership will be all football coaches?

Will OC become the Trenton Peabody that plays it's district baseball opponents on Monday & Tuesday, then it is football time for the remainder of the week. (season?) Or maybe the program will be for seniors

only (that is the seniors that played football) and the younger kids at football year round?

Whatever Coach Jackson wants he will get or there will be two more new football coaches taking the baseball program in the future?????

The school is "pro" football now with the rest of the men's athletic venue's without due reguard of winning.

Wow coach nobody, you're a fool. Baseball sure was tearing it up before coach Jackson got to OC. I guarantee baseball has a better record next year with football coaches running it than it did this past year. I guarantee it. They'll be coached for sure instead of what's been going on...Riley??? Are you kidding? And this is still the south. If football is king at your school the rest of your sports will prosper because of the revenue sharing. This is why Pat Summitt and and Bruce Pearl are huge Football fans at UT. They know the more football wins, the more they have in their budgets. It's the same way at OC.

Actually, the new baseball coach has a very good baseball background (he holds numerous school records for hitting and pitching at his high school) and had offers to play D1, but chose to play college football instead. He also played a summer for Tim Dulin in Memphis,where he was a pitcher/outfielder. It seems like it would be a good situation for OCC because the coach knows what it's like to juggle several sports. I believe the new asst. coach also has a baseball background that is similar. You actually may see more of the football athletes return to baseball. I expect the baseball program to be taken very serious..I'd give it a chance and reserve judgment until I see the results.

Trey Phipps is tuff in the passing game with little defensive pressure at the line of scrimage.

The Rebels might be challenged more with keeping the penalties down to a lower level that will ensure them with more wins this season.

Not many flags were thrown during the Lake County scrimage, but there was a lot of holding,

clipping, blocks in the back, and overall cheap shots during the scrimmage.

Without the new defensive coordinator on site yet, the Rebels D unit has room to grow.

Will the Rebels baseball program will now start to decline as the leadership will be all football coaches?

Will OC become the Trenton Peabody that plays it's district baseball opponents on Monday & Tuesday, then it is football time for the remainder of the week. (season?) Or maybe the program will be for seniors

only (that is the seniors that played football) and the younger kids at football year round?

Whatever Coach Jackson wants he will get or there will be two more new football coaches taking the baseball program in the future?????

The school is "pro" football now with the rest of the men's athletic venue's without due reguard of winning.

It's called a "clue", and you obviously don't have one. Did you see Trenton's baseball team last year? I thought they looked pretty good myself, so what's wrong with what they're doing if it makes the BASEBALL & FOOTBALL teams better.

• 4 weeks later...