Morristown West @ Greeneville- SPRING GAME

devilhead

Why dont you call Coach Quarles at Maryville and see how many times they scrimmage in the spring the only time was when Jeff Co. and Maryville scrimmaged at carson-newman in 2008 in feburary so why does a scrimmage matter in spring? It doesn't, a lot of teams that go out early do not scrimmage and a lot of teams that go out late doesn't scrimmage.

First off Hulk, this is a Greenville and West board, so it is not appropriate for us Jeff folks to highjack it :lol: ! But since you ask, please do not compare Jeff to Maryville. It is apples to oranges. Maryville used to go out for spring in Jan. so scrimmages options are very limited. However, Maryville has changed their plans and are now practicing late to scrimmage. Before, Maryville could probably get a better match-up scrimmaging themselves rather than someone else. Surely you are not dillusional enough to think Jeff is in this position. Are you? It is my opinion (again not a coach but a former player) that scrimmaging someone else gives you a better read on weather or not you have the right players in the right positions for the coming year.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why dont you call Coach Quarles at Maryville and see how many times they scrimmage in the spring the only time was when Jeff Co. and Maryville scrimmaged at carson-newman in 2008 in feburary so why does a scrimmage matter in spring? It doesn't, a lot of teams that go out early do not scrimmage and a lot of teams that go out late doesn't scrimmage.

I would imagine finding someone who actually wanted to scrimmage Maryville in the spring is a tall order...its bad enough having to play them in the fall :lol:

I take it the scrimmage went well.....

Barb, it was all Greeneville. 3 td's and if I remember correctly 3 2pt conversions. I didn't have my calculator with me, but it looked like West did manage to tally about 19 total yards offense.

I guess MoWest forgot that spring scrimmages are all about gettin' your swagger on and puttin' on a show!!!