DC vs NS plus 3 umpires

NewellHartbaseball

as a high school coach sitting behind the backstop when this happened, i want to say, I CAN NOT BELIEVE WHAT I SAW, that was the worst i have ever seen, to take the hit and the memory of getting the hit to win the district championship away from the young man and dyer county is BAD.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Ozment is well respected around the state. Based on that and this video proof something significant must be done to the home plate umpire. I do not see TSSAA having the guts to reply the game. Does anyone have his name?

Put this with the Joe Jackson 6 fouls issue and the BTW foul issues. DC needs to be getting some lawyers involved and some suits need to be considered aganist the officials and TSSAA. Cannot continue to allow more obvious rule volations by officials in critical games.

Well I wasn't at the game but looks like from the video that is been shown that that batter was out in front of that ball witch may have caused him to step out. It is close from the video but from your angle and so far back from the plate with the camera it's hard to tell. The only person who knows is the umpire. And if he did stepped out the box then the call was correct.

1234, What are you smoking. After 8 innings there is no box. No warning were issued doing the game to either team. Bottom line the umpire made the call after he saw were the ball would land. He knew the game was on the line and obviously cheated to extend the game!

Well 8inning or not the rules are the rules. There doesn't have to be a warning to each team if there is not a box. You don't go to each side and say don't step to much forward because there is not box. It's just like the coaches box in Memphis alot of the schools don't have coaching boxes but all coaches know where there box is same as a batter a high school player knows the batters box

1234, What are you smoking. After 8 innings there is no box. No warning were issued doing the game to either team. Bottom line the umpire made the call after he saw were the ball would land. He knew the game was on the line and obviously cheated to extend the game!

Maybe this was a"Buffalo Wild Wing" moment. UN-BELIEVEALBE call, and I'm from Jackson.

It seems no umpires would ever want to extend a game? They are always wanting to go home early. It clearly shows the home plate umpire calling the batter out as soon as he hit that ball. It's not like DC didn't have another at bat. They should have made the most of it when they could, like NS did. I guess it just wasn't meant to be this year DC.

Now you know how we feel when we play you guys in basketball at your place!!! Rough call though.

Wow and with a Jackson player on the floor with 6 fouls and now this,, and video evidence for both. Your a brain....

Haha. Wow, just think if we had DC umpires in that championship. That would have been ugly.

It seems to me that dyer co is begging and crying about the game. It's seems that they just don't want to come to Bartlett and play a real team. We don't cry up here we play ball.

They've already played Bartlett! And it didn't matter WHO or WHERE they play, it's just a simple FACT that the umpire made a TERRIBLE CALL!

To the one who thinks he's outside the box, show us a box. Look at the 2nd video and tell me why the call wasn't made then! Is the principle of the matter. WRONG IS WRONG!

I saw the other tape but the second guy was even with the plate the gut that came out the box was off balance and seemed to step out the box. Are those the only two jitters y'all have or do you have more and just don't want to show them. Can you put more at bats for the fans and veiwer can see. Maybe we can tell more that way.

I saw the other tape but the second guy was even with the plate the gut that came out the box was off balance and seemed to step out the box. Are those the only two jitters y'all have or do you have more and just don't want to show them. Can you put more at bats for the fans and veiwer can see. Maybe we can tell more that way.

I disagree with you, THERE IS NO BOX! we could argue all day about it and I just don't have the energy. DC will move on. DC players are upset, yes, but their fans are down right FURIOUS!

Not sure about other video---NewellHartbaseball, do you have any more? Please post if you do. Nick made an awesome catch out in right field. Good Job!

All District Regular Season:

Keaton Gregory

Dylan Haycraft

Nick Newell

Andrew Massie

Colton Harris (MVP)

All Tournament Team:

Haycraft

Newell

Massie

Harris