Coffee County

Croach

Scott Shasteen and myself will be doing our sports talk show again this season (High School Sports Plus) beginning on Monday August 9th at 6pm on 101.5 radio in Manchester. After reading all the posts on this thread, I'm really looking forward to talking with Coach Nunley about this years Coffee Co football team. I hope the Red Raiders can turn the corner and have a very successful season. I think its very important to get off on the right foot which means beating Shelbyville at home on Aug 20th. It looks like you've got a good offensive coordinator in Coach Tidwell and I know that Coach Nunley is a very good defensive coach. Like someone posted earlier, hard work and dedication in the weight room is where it starts. Good luck.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This team is capable of 7 to 8 wins

This team is also capable of winning district and finally getting past the first round of the playoffs... this team has the biggest heart of any coffee county team i've seen in the past, this is coffee countys year

Raider59, I’m really not trying to play the pessimist. I hope they win. And I would love to see a win or two in the playoffs. But remember, they have never come close to winning one. Not with Elam. Not with Nunley. Not with Clark. And none of those playoff games were respectably close. Price's last year, his dream team, couldn't do it either. And those were very good teams by Coffee County standards.

But, of course, this year could always be different.

Actually the "best team" Price had never got to play together because of injurys IMHO....several were almost "good" teams, but lacked a few key position players. The teams that Elam and Nunley played on were average teams with acouple of good atheletes. Elam was hit at the line of scrimmage on almost every play,as was Nunley, but both had the ability to survive the initial contact and break off long runs. Clark would of been awesome his last season and carried the team if not for a Riverdale players helmet taking out his knee in pre-season.

This team is capable of 7 to 8 wins

This team is also capable of winning district and finally getting past the first round of the playoffs... this team has the biggest heart of any coffee county team i've seen in the past, this is coffee countys year

Raider59, I’m really not trying to play the pessimist. I hope they win. And I would love to see a win or two in the playoffs. But remember, they have never come close to winning one. Not with Elam. Not with Nunley. Not with Clark. And none of those playoff games were respectably close. Price's last year, his dream team, couldn't do it either. And those were very good teams by Coffee County standards.

Actually the "best team" Price had never got to play together because of injurys IMHO....several were almost "good" teams, but lacked a few key position players. The teams that Elam and Nunley played on were average teams with acouple of good atheletes. Elam was hit at the line of scrimmage on almost every play,as was Nunley, but both had the ability to survive the initial contact and break off long runs. Clark would of been awesome his last season and carried the team if not for a Riverdale players helmet taking out his knee in pre-season.

I think that was the point, MCHS. It takes a LOT of stars aligning for Coffee County to put it all in one group. And Nunley had a pretty productive offensive line his two years, actually.

And you are right, Clark would have been awesome. It was a Riverdale players helmet to his knee. In the preseason. But you forgot it was on a FAKE punt. In a SCRIMMAGE. Against arguably the best team in the state that year. Maybe the best team. Did they win the state in 2004? I'm still curious as to why you break out a fake punt in a scrimmage. With your best athlete. It cost Price. And Clark.

Fake punt I saw with my own eyes and can't believe it. :roflol: I hope for the best out of the Red Raiders and see 6 strong possible wins. Coffee Co. fans need to come to the games as fans and support the team and NOT come for a social gathering. LETS GET EXCITED, GO BIG RED!!

Fake punt I saw with my own eyes and can't believe it. :blush: I hope for the best out of the Red Raiders and see 6 strong possible wins. Coffee Co. fans need to come to the games as fans and support the team and NOT come for a social gathering. LETS GET EXCITED, GO BIG RED!!

Yeah I was standing about 50 ft. from where it happened....the fake punt worked ,he was about 20 yds. down the field, but when he planted his left foot to cut....well you know what happened. chs4life you are right. IF WE WIN THEY WILL COME. I won't predict wins or loses, but I think we're in for some good football this season. CC should be very competitive with everyone on the schedule. :lol::roflol::lol:

Fake punt I saw with my own eyes and can't believe it. :blush: I hope for the best out of the Red Raiders and see 6 strong possible wins. Coffee Co. fans need to come to the games as fans and support the team and NOT come for a social gathering. LETS GET EXCITED, GO BIG RED!!

Yeah I was standing about 50 ft. from where it happened....the fake punt worked ,he was about 20 yds. down the field, but when he planted his left foot to cut....well you know what happened. chs4life you are right. IF WE WIN THEY WILL COME. I won't predict wins or loses, but I think we're in for some good football this season. CC should be very competitive with everyone on the schedule. :lol::roflol::lol:

I never said IF WE WIN THEY WILL COME.

Yeah I was standing about 50 ft. from where it happened....the fake punt worked ,he was about 20 yds. down the field, but when he planted his left foot to cut....well you know what happened. chs4life you are right. IF WE WIN THEY WILL COME. I won't predict wins or loses, but I think we're in for some good football this season. CC should be very competitive with everyone on the schedule. 8-):roflol::lol:

I never said IF WE WIN THEY WILL COME.

No I did! But if I have to testify in court, I'll swear you thought it out loud. :lol:

Raider59, I�m really not trying to play the pessimist. I hope they win. And I would love to see a win or two in the playoffs. But remember, they have never come close to winning one. Not with Elam. Not with Nunley. Not with Clark. And none of those playoff games were respectably close. Price's last year, his dream team, couldn't do it either. And those were very good teams by Coffee County standards.

Pedo, you know as well as i do that if the 97 team was playing in this district instead of playing the Riverdale's of the state they would have probably went 9-1.My Senior year I was on a team with 2 1,000 rushers and a 1500 yard passing qb. i think this offense could be even better. We still got a lot of work to do but wait until you see them this fall, they have already come a long way. The attitude is very different then it was in February when we scrimmaged East Ridge. I know Im biased here but like I said earlier, Manchester needs to get excited. If you fans show up for these players they will show up for you. Theyre working too hard this summer for people to say same ole Coffee County cuz Im telling you this is a good football team fellas.