3aaa vs 4aaa

Rico

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

went and watched the farragut/powell game. excellent pitching on both sides. powell had 1 opportunity to score midway through game. # 8 hitter led off and got on, sac bunt got him over and then next 2 struck out. i thought owenby could hold the ads down, it would depend on powells bats against pfeifer. he looked every bit as good as advertised. now its time for halls to take care of business.

no way bearden beats halls. i dont think farragut can get 8 on owenby. maybe if they get to bullpen or if powell makes a bunch of errors.

4-AAA>>>>3-AAA. Bearden can definitely beat halls if they come out cocky. Farragut can put 10+ up on ANYONE in the state on any given night, especially a pitcher from powell haha..

Well, that little sophomore lefty from Powell shoved it up Farragut's butt for 7 whole innings. :D Far from the 10 runs you so arrogantly predicted. Phillip pitched a great game and so did Drake. :D

TheFarragutJuniorCollege, even though all you do is run your mouth on here and piss everybody off....I will still be pulling for the Admirals if they do get to Murfreesboro.

:roflol:

no way bearden beats halls. i dont think farragut can get 8 on owenby. maybe if they get to bullpen or if powell makes a bunch of errors.

4-AAA>>>>3-AAA. Bearden can definitely beat halls if they come out cocky. Farragut can put 10+ up on ANYONE in the state on any given night, especially a pitcher from powell haha..

Well, that little sophomore lefty from Powell shoved it up Farragut's butt for 7 whole innings. :D Far from the 10 runs you so arrogantly predicted. Phillip pitched a great game and so did Drake. :D

TheFarragutJuniorCollege, even though all you do is run your mouth on here and piss everybody off....I will still be pulling for the Admirals if they do get to Murfreesboro.

:roflol:

I know you're from the Clinton area so I'll give you a bit of a break on this one, but if you READ what I said, then you will read (or someone can tell you) what was actually wrote. And what I said was Farragut CAN put 10+ on anyone, CAN being the key word. So they put up 2, so what? Powell scored none, zero, cero, zip, nothing. So if I recall the rules of baseball correctly, then that means they WON. I wasn't there, but I'm sure the Owenby kid was a lefty throwing probably 76-80 mph with a slow curveball.. Farragut's always had trouble with those kids.

So Congrats on your moral victory, I hope you hang a banner in the school that says "09-10 Powell Panters Baseball, District 3-AAA Runner-up, Region 2-AAA Semi-Final-Runner-Up, only lost to Farragut by 2"

[quote name="TheFarragutUniversityI know you're from the Clinton area so I'll give you a bit of a break on this one' date=' but if you READ what I said, then you will read (or someone can tell you) what was actually wrote. And what I said was Farragut CAN put 10+ on anyone, CAN being the key word. So they put up 2, so what? Powell scored none, zero, cero, zip, nothing. So if I recall the rules of baseball correctly, then that means they WON. I wasn't there, but I'm sure the Owenby kid was a lefty throwing probably 76-80 mph with a slow curveball.. Farragut's always had trouble with those kids.

So Congrats on your moral victory, I hope you hang a banner in the school that says "09-10 Powell Panters Baseball, District 3-AAA Runner-up, Region 2-AAA Semi-Final-Runner-Up, only lost to Farragut by 2"[/quote]

Actually, Drake throws quite a bit harder than 80, he does have a very good curveball, and he throws a nice straight change, which got him a couple of big strikeouts last night when he needed to make a good pitch.

Show some class, pal. Farragut is a tremendous baseball program. Your guys won a tough game, which is something that Farragut has a long of history of doing. Your pitcher was almost flawless, but so was Drake Ownby. There is no need to downplay what he did by trying to justify it with excuses. Drake is a sophomore and a D1 prospect. He pitched well enough to win most games, but last night he was locked in a battle with a guy who pitched just a little bit better.

Everybody knew/knows that Powell was a huge underdog. There's no reason to show your butt. You won a game you were supposed to win. Act like you've been there before like 99.9% of the Farragut folks whom I know do.

Seriously TheFarragutUniversity, probably shouldn't be commenting about a team that you don't even take the time to go to and watch when it's the only game in Knoxville being played last night. Farragut is a great team with tremendous talent, but people tend to dislike them because of people like you. For someone that WAS at the game, it was one of the best highschool games I've seen in a long time. Hats off to Drake and Phillip as they both pitched great games.

Seriously TheFarragutUniversity, probably shouldn't be commenting about a team that you don't even take the time to go to and watch when it's the only game in Knoxville being played last night.

I am sure there are plenty of UT football fans who have never even been to game, but all they do is talk about how "good" they are. And all those "national championships" they have or are going to get every year... So what, he didn't go to the game. I don't see what that has to do with anything.

"I wasn't there, but I'm sure the Owenby kid was a lefty throwing probably 76-80 mph with a slow curveball.. Farragut's always had trouble with those kids." Quote from TheFarragutUniversity

I believe that in order to make a statement like the above you should be present and watch the game. "The Owenby Kid" was throwing alot harder than upper seventies. I believe that you should just give credit where credit is due. Drake AND Phillip BOTH threw great games. BOTH teams struggled offensively due to the pitching performences of the two. No excuses! And by the way I'm not a UT fan and certainly dont like UT fans that think they know it all too!

It was just a guess, and Farragut does tend to struggle with those kind of pitchers. He didn't say for a fact that he had evidence the kid was throwing 80mph, or anything. He said he was "probably"... why does everyone take everything so literally all the time? You are right, he wasn't there, and he said he wasn't, which should have given away the fact that he didn't know exactly what the kid was throwing. He was just guessing?

It was just a guess, and Farragut does tend to struggle with those kind of pitchers. He didn't say for a fact that he had evidence the kid was throwing 80mph, or anything. He said he was "probably"... why does everyone take everything so literally all the time? You are right, he wasn't there, and he said he wasn't, which should have given away the fact that he didn't know exactly what the kid was throwing. He was just guessing?

Well, it's really hard to determine if it actually was a "guess" with prose like this: "...I'm sure the Owenby kid was a lefty throwing probably 76-80 mph with a slow curveball...." Umhmm, they sure do probably teach fine writing skills over there at the University, I guess. :thumb: